Possible books, weapons and musical instruments of the Giants

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
It appears the existence of the giants during Biblical times is generally accepted by our society. But I am not talking about Genesis 6:4, or David vs. Goliath. I am talking about the race of giants who possibly existed 200-400 years ago. The topic is clearly controversial, and entirely not supported by the so-called scientific evidence. There are multiple possible signs of the giants' existence in the very recent past. At the same time based on our dogmatic education and knowledge, there could be no giants. Any suspected evidence of the existence of such a race is either ridiculed, or proclaimed fake. Sometimes this possible evidence is being used by us in widely accepted but, nevertheless, oxymoronic ways.

human_height.jpg

There are multiple documented accounts of famous and respected people coming into contact with the giants. One of these people was Amerigo Vespucci. In 1499 his expedition landed on the island of Curacao. Vespucci told of natives that appeared to be giants. His account was depicted in the below engravings.

Vespucci_on_the_island_of_giants.jpg Vespucci_on_the_island_of_giants_1.jpg Vespucci_on_the_island_of_giants_2.jpg
In 1520, the explorer Ferdinand Magellan spent the winter in Patagonia. According to the story told by Magellan’s chronicler, Antonio Pigafetta, the natives they encountered were extremely tall - Pigafetta estimated they stood between 9 and 12 feet. A hundred years after Magellan, Sir Francis Drake’s chronicler confirmed Pigafetta’s account, but reduced the giants’ size down to a "mere" seven and a half feet. - Princeton University

patagonian-giants-1768.jpg Patagonians_3.jpg Patagonians_2.jpg Patagonians_1.jpg byron_giant.jpg
A couple of the 17th Century engravings:

1612: Dessein des pompes et magnificences du carousel faict en la place royalle a Paris
1612: Les Magnificences publiques du carrosel fait en la place royale de Paris

17century_giants_1.png 17century_giants_2.png

And there are many more. Of course such accounts are being treated as gross exaggeration. Somehow the scientists of today know better than the actual people who experienced those events.

Possible Evidence of Today
One might ask where the evidence of their existence would be, besides those drawings. Well, all over the place.

1. Buildings: one of the most obvious possible pieces of evidence is what I call "they don't build like that any longer" architecture. There was an open season on the cities of this world in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Whether the inhabitants or the architecture were the target, I don't know.

At the same time quite a few of those buildings are still out there. They all share common features: 13-15 foot floor plans, humongous doorways, and funky name architectural styles. Sometimes they have one regular size floor included in the floor plan (guess why that is). They are often broken into two distinctive parts (like in the attachment below. Bottom two stories are different). They have bizarre stonework symbolism in predetermined locations. They were built when both human, equipment and material resources were supposed to be limited. They were built by the thousands, or tens of thousands at a time. There is no documentation, or material evidence in support of their construction other than some questionable "assigned" architect and/or company. It's impossible to find out what brick factories produced quadrillions of ultra-high quality bricks. It is unknown what window factories produced tens of millions of regular, as well as rounded, and circular windows. These buildings do not have a paper trail. And what is the most important: these buildings are not cost effective today, nor were they cost effective back then.

Giants_door.png seattle_griffin.jpg building_griffin.jpg old_building_USA.jpg
huge_doors_1.jpg PicoHouse-1875.jpg whitehousearms.gif huge_doors_2.jpg

One of those structures (out of thousands) is the Holyoke Building in Seattle. Its first floor is 16 feet high, its second, 13 feet. It was supposedly built in 1889-90, but you will not find any documented proof. It's one of the easy buildings to look into. You can pick any local building matching the criteria, and try for yourself.

2. Weapons: once again, it depends on how much one wants to find a convenient interpretation to fit the below information within his or her reality. Obviously, what it looks like is one thing. How we explain is totally different.
  • Firearms: here are some pictures of the enormous size rifles. There were some attempts to explain those as duck hunting boat mounted fragmentation type weapons. An additional interpretation suggested that they are a two person crew type weapon. The last claim suggests that these rifles are decorative in nature and are some sort of souvenirs.
rifes_of_the_giants_16.jpg giant_rifle_1.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_2.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_15.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_1.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_11.jpg
huge_rifle_giants_12.png huge_rifle_giants_13.jpg huge_rifle_giants_14.jpg huge_rifle_giants_15.JPG
huge_gun_56.jpg Huge_giant_rifle.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_10.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_8.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_17.jpg

It is obvious that a weapon of this size is not practicable for a normal size human. In the first picture above you can see a gentleman with two different sizes of rifles. Only one of those is made for a normal size human. In the image below you can see what a duck hunting boat mounted weapon looks like:

punt-gun-4.jpg real_duck_hunting_rifle_1.jpg

The ones below were not meant to be boat mounted duck hunting rifles:

giant_rifle.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_3.jpg rifes_of_the_giants_5.jpg

Below are examples of regular hand held duck hunting shotguns:

real_duck_hunting_rifle.jpg duck_hunter.jpg
It is also important to note, that there are bigger size weapons used by regular size people. And below, once again, you can see a few examples of those.

huge_gun_human.jpg huge_gun_human_1.jpg
Paying attention to the pistol grips above we notice, that they are made for a normal size human hand. So is the butt stock. Now take a look below. Compare the trigger size and picture that removed butt stock. The weapon on the left clearly was not made for a regular size human.

rifes_of_the_giants_19.jpg
In the image below you can see the bore rifling. No reason to have your weapon rifled to shoot shotgun type rounds I think.

rifes_of_the_giants_17.jpg

Today some huge pistols, machine guns and rifles are made to scale for true decorative, record setting and special customer request purposes. I highly doubt this philosophy can be applied to the giant weapons presented above.

• Bladed weapons: here we have some pictures of the ridiculous size swords. Officially they are being called: double grip, a grip and a half, sliding grip and all other sorts of names. Some are conveniently decorative or ritualistic. These swords are displayed in great numbers throughout multiple museums of the world. In some pictures the contrast between regular size swords and these giant ones is enormous.
Of course, for some individuals it is possible to swing one of the below swords. That would definitely provide an extended range. But I have this feeling that a normal human with knife can run circles around similar size man trying to swing one of these enormous swords.

Additionally, looking at some of the presented weapons, this double grip technique should probably be upgraded to a quadruple one.

swards_of_the_giants_5.jpg swards_of_the_giants_2.jpg swards_of_the_giants_1.jpg swards_of_the_giants_3.JPG swards_of_the_giants_6.jpg swards_of_the_giants_8.jpg swards_of_the_giants_9.jpg swards_of_the_giants_11.jpg swards_of_the_giants_12.JPG swards_of_the_giants_14.jpg GIANT-AXES.jpg
3. Books: sure enough books are opened for interpretation as well. Could they be used by regular size people? Of course they could. this is about what the official explanation sounds like. It definitely makes a lot of sense to produce a book requiring a "four man carry" to move it. When explanations are force limited to dogma, there is no other way to interpret what you see. Then again, we all have a choice.

And yes, today we do make huge books. They are made for specific purposes and events. For some reason, when handling these specially made contemporary books, white gloves are not required.

books_of_the_giants_1.jpg books_of_the_giants_3.jpg books_of_the_giants_4.jpg books_of_the_giants_5.jpg books_of_the_giants_6.jpg books_of_the_giants_7.jpg books_of_the_giants_8.jpg books_of_the_giants_9.jpg books_of_the_giants_10.jpg books_of_the_giants_11.jpg books_of_the_giants_12.jpg books_of_the_giants_13.jpg books_of_the_giants_12.jpg books_of_the_giants_14.jpg giant_book.jpg
3. Musical instruments: they are also available for interpretation. Here we have an instrument called Octobass. Wikipedia says it is extremely large (up to 11.4 ft ) and rare. There are only 7 in existence. Go figure why. I personally think giants enjoyed music too. Of course a giant person would not need a special device to engage the strings. Nor would a giant need a chair to reach it. But our mankind is creative and we figured out a way or two on how to overcome size limitation of our regular human body.

I think that guy is the second picture is holding two huge flute-like instruments, but I'm not sure.

double-bass-the-double.jpg double-bass-the-double_3.jpg double-bass-the-double_1.jpg double-bass-the-double_2.jpg double-bass-the-double_4.jpg

A few bonus, Giant related images follow

It was not as uncommon back then...

giant_human_1.jpg giant_human_2.jpg giant_human_3.jpg giant_human_4.jpg giant_human_6.jpg giant_human_7.jpg giant_human_8.jpg

giant_human_9.jpg giant_human_10.jpg giant_human_11.jpg giant_human_12.jpg giant_human_13.jpg giant_human_14.jpg giant_human_15.jpg giant_human_16.jpg giant_human_17.jpg giant_people_1.jpg unknowngiant-229.jpg texas_giants.jpg charles-byrne-1761-1783-known-as-the-irish-giant-who-was-8-feet-4-G3B5R7.jpg grandgrena_2063567_15154091.jpg hqdefault.jpg amerikaner-leipzig-1796.jpg 362174_900.jpg giant_human.jpg

A Collection of Articles About Giants Published in the 1800’s and 1900's

Articles Published in the 1800’s:
Published November 21 1856, New York Times – Skeleton of a Giant Found
Published oct 3 1862, New York Times – A Race of Giants in Old Gaul
Published December 25 1868, New York Times – Reported Discovery of a Huge Skeleton
Published September 8 1871, New York Times – More Big Indians Found in Virginia
Published February 8 1876, New York Times – The early american giant
Published August 10 1880, New York Times – Two very tall skeletons
Published May 25 1882, New York Times – The Bones of a Giant Found
Published Nov 20, 1883, New York Times – A Giants remains in a mound
Published May 5 1885, New York Times – Skeletons 7 feet long
Published February 9 1890, New York Times – A Race of Indian Giants
Published August 10 1891, New York Times – The Wisconsin Mounds
Published March 5 1894, New York Times – Giants of Other Days
Published October 25 1897, Towanda Daily Review – The Grave of a Giant
Published December 20 1897, New York Times – Wisconsin Mound Opened

Articles Published in the 1900’s:
Published Feb 11, 1902, New York Times – Giant Skeletons Found
Published September 7 1904, New York Times – Find Giant Indian Bones
Published May 4 1908, New York Times – Giant Skeletons Found
Published May 4 1912, New York Times – Strange Skeletons Found
Published July 14 1916, New York Times – Giants Bones in Mound
Published September 21 1916, Wellsboro Gazette – Uncover Bones of Giants Near Sayre
Published 1940, San Antonio’s Express – Beach Giant Skull Unearthed By WPA Workers Near Victoria
Published in San Diego Union 1947 – Trace of Giants found in desert

Summary: The reality does not depend on the way we choose to interpret certain things. They will remain what they are regardless of our opinion.

Last edited:

Hardy

I found the aspects of the buildings again most impressive- perhaps subtile-but once aware it's hard to explain on a conventional way.It would be interesting to look at the informations in those Giant Books.The German folk tales are also full off giants if I remember my childhood.I speculate that the giants had a bit of another mentality in comparison to the actuel people and they exstinct because of changed earth conditions ?

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
I found the aspects of the buildings again most impressive- perhaps subtile-but once aware it's hard to explain on a conventional way.It would be interesting to look at the informations in those Giant Books.The German folk tales are also full off giants if I remember my childhood.I speculate that the giants had a bit of another mentality in comparison to the actuel people and they exstinct because of changed earth conditions ?
Hardy, Earth conditions did change. Drastically as a matter of fact. What they call “global warming” is some sort of rebalancing of the system in my humble opinion. They know about inevitability of this, and try to benefit from it by scaring people into this entire global warming thing. I will address this separately at a later time.

I also have a pretty interesting story about Seattle construction boom of the 19th century I’m thinking over. Gotta be an interesting one.
When and where is the Stolen History Convention? I’d like to have a sit down conversation with Korben and Hardy!
Lols. A three person convention gonna be huge. May be we should invite a few extras and have them bring some beers and additional stories. :cool:

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Man, what a cool batch of articles. Will definitely be looking into it after work.

I think our world population in general is so “properly” trained to understand that certain creatures are impossible, mythological, unscientific, and folklore based, that everything presented becomes either a “photoshop’ or a “hoax”.

The giant katana is interesting because the Japanese have a trend towards 'smallness' and efficiency in general within their culture. For that reason I doubt it was crafted just for extravagance. They extract the iron ore from river sand for chrissakes - it's way too much work to commit that much steel just for novelty. I wonder if it shows any signs of use in battle? The sharpest normal-sized katanas of history swung by a normal-sized samurai could slice through 5 human torsos in a single stroke. Imagine what the monster pictured above could do?

It's obvious from the plethora of evidence the truth could be hanging over people's heads and they'd choose to ignore/forget/deny it. For each and every discovery of giant skeletons there's at least one person who chooses to ignore/forget/deny the truth of our distant past. In reality, there's a lot more people involved and each one is probably just told to forget about it by someone in a position of authority. That's why it's so hard to present alternative points of view. Learning is hard, but it's easy to forget. It's so easy that we're used to doing by accident.

Personally, I think it was humanity in general that was larger in the past - not a separate 'race', and I believe there was a low-gravity condition that allowed capillary action to pump fluids to such height - so everything alive was bigger - all at the same time. Then the moon arrived and captured/was caught by Earth's gravity. Earth's rotation slowed down, gravity increased, our bones couldn't support all the 'new weight' so humanity 'evolved' 'adapted' or whatever to the new environmental conditions by 'growing' smaller with each generation until we finally reached an equilibrium. I know this theory raises more questions than it answers, and I look forward to exploring them in other threads.

CyborgNinja

Personally, I think it was humanity in general that was larger in the past - not a separate 'race', and I believe there was a low-gravity condition that allowed capillary action to pump fluids to such height - so everything alive was bigger - all at the same time. Then the moon arrived and captured/was caught by Earth's gravity.
Yes there is alot of evidence to suggest this may be what happened. I agree.

PrincepAugus

Lol you guys. If I could, I would join too!

The giant katana is interesting because the Japanese have a trend towards 'smallness' and efficiency in general within their culture. For that reason I doubt it was crafted just for extravagance. They extract the iron ore from river sand for chrissakes - it's way too much work to commit that much steel just for novelty. I wonder if it shows any signs of use in battle? The sharpest normal-sized katanas of history swung by a normal-sized samurai could slice through 5 human torsos in a single stroke. Imagine what the monster pictured above could do?

It's obvious from the plethora of evidence the truth could be hanging over people's heads and they'd choose to ignore/forget/deny it. For each and every discovery of giant skeletons there's at least one person who chooses to ignore/forget/deny the truth of our distant past. In reality, there's a lot more people involved and each one is probably just told to forget about it by someone in a position of authority. That's why it's so hard to present alternative points of view. Learning is hard, but it's easy to forget. It's so easy that we're used to doing by accident.

Personally, I think it was humanity in general that was larger in the past - not a separate 'race', and I believe there was a low-gravity condition that allowed capillary action to pump fluids to such height - so everything alive was bigger - all at the same time. Then the moon arrived and captured/was caught by Earth's gravity. Earth's rotation slowed down, gravity increased, our bones couldn't support all the 'new weight' so humanity 'evolved' 'adapted' or whatever to the new environmental conditions by 'growing' smaller with each generation until we finally reached an equilibrium. I know this theory raises more questions than it answers, and I look forward to exploring them in other threads.
That's a funny exaggeration of katanas, a popular myth that unfortunately still continues. Katanas were no better or worse than any other swords of the era. They were used in the context of Japanese warfare as a secondary weapon or a self-defense weapon. Nothing special about it.

As for bigger humans, that's kind of contradicting since we have normal size humans as well. I'd think back then, the electromagnetic influence and positions of the planets (if you are to follow the Electric Universe theory) made a lower gravity and better growth environment for giant people. The moon I believe is captured, but from the days of Earth's creation by the universe (or expulsion again with the EU theory). However, a cataclysm happened and only the smaller humans like us survived.

I like that there were also giant women drawn (I've seen the pictures already). Not many works that show giant females since we always think of giants as hulking and dangerous man-beasts.