Pompei vs. Coruña. Going crazy?

nanuko

Reactions
P01.jpg

P02.jpg

Pompeii, summer 2012. The guide carefully explained us that they were “the way to point to the nearest brothel”. Curious… not a single sign for the city hall, or a temple, or a market… but lots of these particular symbols everywhere in streets and walls.

You can see better photos just googling.

03.jpg

No more attention to this subject but a couple of weeks ago my wife and me were walking by Coruña, a nice town NW Spain and…

p04.jpg

p05.jpg

More pics at Google…
06.jpg

Maybe there are no relationship but… for whatever reason this symbol of the city, present in its coat of arms since (allegedly) XVI century to present day, looks (at least for me) very similar to that from Naples (allegedly) 2K years old. Yes, these symbols are in many sidewalks and walls everywhere, just like Pompeii, and, for sure, they are no pointing any kind of “carnal” business.

But is there any relationship between Coruña & Pompei? Over 1,900 km from the Hercules Tower (Coruña) to Apollo Temple (Pompei)

07.jpg

The Hércules (Heracles) Tower is the symbol of the city, an allegedly 2k years old Roman lighthouse still in use.

Tower of Hercules - Wikipedia

The foundational myth of Coruña tells us that Heracles defeated the giant Geryon, buried him and raised a burial mound that crowned with a large torch… where the tower is in present days.

We are talking about the 10th labour of Heracles… the cattle of Geryon wich is returned From Coruña to… POMPEII!

Geryon - Wikipedia

And here comes the surprise. One of the possible origins of the name “Pompeii” is directly related with Heracles and Geryon’s cattle.

Did not find this version of the origins of the name “Pompeii” in English wiki but in Spanish one you can read…

“Hercules, when he was victorious from Spain, entered the Province of Campania , carrying as a pomp the oxen that he had stolen and that by reason of this pomp gave the name of Pompeii to the city he built ...”

Pompeya - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

Wow! Not very polite position… I think.

08.jpg

And, of course, we also have star cities. The ancient city walls of Coruña have been almost completely removed. I could only find this 1786 AD map in the amazing web of Barry Lawrence (here you can see it full size and better quality). Judge yourself but I bet It could be a star city.

Carte Hidro-Topographique des Entrees et Ports du Ferol et de la Corogne Publiee Par M.Degaulle . . . 1786

P06.jpg

Today we can still see interesting buildings such as the St. Anton Castle (nowadays a museum) with its characteristic shape.

10.jpg

It’s no possible to know if Pompeii was a Star City but we have city walls with defensive towers…

Heracles (Pompeii) Vs. Hércules (Coruña) coincidences?
  • Allegedly 2K years.
  • Geryon myth.
  • Heracles founded both Pompeii and Coruña??
  • Similar “phallic” symbolism in walls and sidewalks.
  • And, of course, Star cities, giants, Gods…
Definitively I’m going crazy… only in that way could anyone see a kind of “cattle mark” into these innocent engraves… Give me my pills!!

But do you know about other cities with similar symbology?

P.S. Don't know if this is the correct Forum. Feel free to change it.

Thanks for reading. Beg your pardon for my poor English.

AnthroposRex

Reactions
That must have been some night heracles had to have everybody remember him naked and pulling his dick out. Sorry, all the other info is great too, but that stuck out to me as odd.
I guess you die a hero or live long enough to be memorialized whipping your junk out in public.

codis

Reactions
Did not find this version of the origins of the name “Pompeii” in English wiki but in Spanish one you can read…

“Hercules, when he was victorious from Spain, entered the Province of Campania , carrying as a pomp the oxen that he had stolen and that by reason of this pomp gave the name of Pompeii to the city he built ...”
Oh yes, that I do believe immediately. :cool:
Loving wikipedia ...

OP
N

nanuko

Reactions
:LOL::LOL:;) love whiskypedia too... maybe too much... I think... after this post... WHERE ARE MY PILLS????
But if you add some catastrophic event… not just a mudflood but another kind of 1,000,000,000,000,000... years old (sorry but it must have at least forty zeros to sound scientific) ... You can find something like this

catedrales playa.png

It's just a bunch of miles away from Heracles Tower but you can find this formations allover the "death coast" South Cantabric Sea. The "death" is not a joke, here most families have several dead relatives at sea, and not just Spaniards but English, French, Dutch... "Gerion's bull maldition".

Thankyou for reading.

OP
N

nanuko

Reactions
I swear I did not want to make an article on this subject... but it seems that everything ends with Priapus... If you have been at Pompeii for sure you remember this stuff.

Priapus - Wikipedia

Cornicello.jpg

Still thinking this symbol is a kind of CATTLE MARK but at least I laughed for a while, hope you too. Thanks guys.

Last edited: