Photographs and images of the Giants

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Figured I will drop my little collection of the photographs of the 19th century giants into one thread.
  • the first one is not a photograph, but the size was rather impressive to simply walk by.
  • all the photographs pertain to different individuals (at least it appears that way)
  • I'm not sure if this size was a rarity. It appears that way, but who knows?
  • If you have any other ones to add, please do.
Amazon_Queen.jpg

Anna_Swan.jpg

Armand_Bronner.jpg

Big_Gust.jpg

Brothers Baptiste_Antoine_1.jpg

Chang Woo Gow.jpg

Eisenmann Giants_1.jpg

Elizabeth Lyska.jpg

Ella Ewing.jpg

Ella_Williams_1.jpg

Henri_Cot_8ft-7in.jpg

James_Grover_Tarver.jpg

Jóhann k. Pétursson.jpg

Rosa_Wedsted.jpg

Shields_Brothers_1.jpg

Shields_Shade_1.jpg

Unknown.jpg

Unknown1.jpg

Unknown2.jpg

Van_Droysen_Sisters_1.jpg

victorian_giant.jpg

Banta

Reactions
Some of those people are clearly at least nine feet tall, if not taller. Which is funny because the tallest person ever is only supposed to be 8'11".

A history of record-breaking giants 100 years after the tallest man ever was born

It's tough to get a handle on this. They could be God/half-God/Nephilim or their descendants, genetic mutants, actual human beings and we're the Humunculus, human beings like us but we are unable to grow that large anymore due to environmental factors, or some combination of more mundane explanations. No matter what, they don't seem to make 'em like they used to*. And I know this because some NBA team would give a nine foot guy 50 million a year if they found one.

*Or at least they don't live around these parts anymore...

jd755

Reactions
How can you tell the size of these people when there is nothing in any photograph unless I've missed it which is an indicator of height or even a measure painted on the wall or on a board stood alongside them?

Banta

Reactions
How can you tell the size of these people when there is nothing in any photograph unless I've missed it which is an indicator of height or even a measure painted on the wall or on a board stood alongside them?
Assume the "regular" adults are at least five feet tall and extrapolate from there. Maybe I'm wrong. Like, for instance, when I hovered on this picture, it says that the "giant" was measured at 8'7":

1567439477339.png
Using the gridlines, the smaller man takes up 450 out of the 710 available, so the guy is roughly 5'5"/5'6" assuming the larger man is correctly listed. Seems reasonable.

It appears that some are shot to make the "giant" seem bigger, but a few really obscure the "giant's" height.

Timeshifter

Reactions
Great stuff. My dogmatic education has me thinking that giants should that, giant, not just tall.

Perhaps giant is the wrong expression to describe larger people?

In my mind, giants should look like Wun Wun from GOT. But that is most probably dogma.

wun-wun-2.jpg

KeenDreams

Reactions
Well, those pictures are certainly interesting. A few of those people seem to have facial features consistent with the medical condition gigantism, but a lot of them look completely normal. Although I wonder if perhaps the condition of gigantism is somehow linked to the "normal" giants. Maybe somewhere in a person's ancestry there existed giants, and the genes still remain in the DNA but don't activate properly due to homo sapiens DNA. Either way, it's blatantly obvious that giants existed all over the globe and were more than just myth.

I picked up a book a while back called The Ancient Giants Who Ruled America, it compiles a massive amount of news articles and photos from the 1800s and early 1900s in America that are associated with giants. It was surprisingly common for people to accidentally unearth giants, but shortly after its founding, the Smithsonian went to great lengths to conceal these. It would swoop in, gather the skeletons and sometimes the artifacts, and hide them away, or coerce other museums into hiding them. Apparently, they didn't like the idea of giants existing in America because it went against the model of evolution. The giants of Lovelock Cave, Nevada are some of the more known ones. The Smithsonian took some of the artifacts and displays a few that won't raise eyebrows. The Humbolt Museum in Winnemucca, NV is still in possession of the skeletons, but aren't allowed to display them because "the state does not recognize their legitimacy."

I guess all of those unearthed skeletons in North America (and the rest of the globe) are just fakes made by bored farmers. :rolleyes:

*EDIT* the attached newspaper article is from 1931

DewhurstR1-giant-skull-large.jpg

*DOUBLE EDIT* the article seems to be from 1940, but the opening prologue to the article in The Ancient Giants Who Ruled America lists it as 1931. Editing mistake, perhaps? Still a book worth picking up.

Last edited:

Red Bird

Reactions
Great stuff. My dogmatic education has me thinking that giants should that, giant, not just tall.

Perhaps giant is the wrong expression to describe larger people?

In my mind, giants should look like Wun Wun from GOT. But that is most probably dogma.

View attachment 28531
Well I think there is good reason to think these did exist. See Indian tales for one, plus the Bible of course.
Maybe even really huge giants before the flood.
The giants we see in pics now perhaps are just remnants although there are tales of the ones pictured still around- the Afghanistan giant.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
Figured I will drop my little collection of the photographs of the 19th century giants into one thread.
  • the first one is not a photograph, but the size was rather impressive to simply walk by.
  • all the photographs pertain to different individuals (at least it appears that way)
  • I'm not sure if this size was a rarity. It appears that way, but who knows?
  • If you have any other ones to add, please do.
Sadly, for the past 25,000 years there has been a system in place to make our brains smaller and our size as well. It's all part of a long-term plan executed by the long-living people who are actually pulling the strings, so that we are easier to manage. Especially while they export up to a half-million of us off the planet each year (disappearing) along with whatever else they lay their eyes upon. But not to worry - they will fill this void with music, sports and religion - as much as you like.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
This dude's name is M. O'Brien which means he is not the known giant named Patrick Cotter O'Brien (1760 – 1806). Though this page refers to this giant as if he was Patrick O'Brien. May be they are one and the same, but this M. O'Brien dude is clearly not 8 feet tall.
  • To be honest, I do not even know which one is the Count, and which one is O'Brian in the below image. May be His Highness is the Count, and O'Brian is the tiny 6 foot tall dude.

patrickcotterobrien.jpg

Anyone knows who this pope looking guy was?
giant_pope.jpg

JWW427

Reactions
There are NO giants.
You have been lied to on a giant scale, Nephilim and Goliath enthusiasts.
No one dumped skeletons and bodily remains into lakes and oceans to hide them.
Growth hormone imbalance is the cause, not ancient genetics revealing themselves.
Keep watching the TV news and ask no more questions of your scientific betters.
(This ad paid for by National Geographic, The Royal Society, and The Smithsonian Institute).

JWW

giant.jpeg

Starmonkey

Reactions
A couple still in Hollywood. Dude from Big Fish. Dude from Sherlock Holmes and Get Smart.
Seems they died off a few hundred years ago. Probably biological warfare.
A few mixed stragglers fawned over. Celebrities.
Back when the few remaining would've automatically taken the positions of power. Until the "little man" got his chance to take over.
Guessing genetic defects and abnormalities came from mixing the gene pool poorly. And they were mostly gone by the 1700s and 1800s. Posed photos look like we're back in the circus again.

Jim Duyer

Reactions
A couple still in Hollywood. Dude from Big Fish. Dude from Sherlock Holmes and Get Smart.
Seems they died off a few hundred years ago. Probably biological warfare.
A few mixed stragglers fawned over. Celebrities.
Back when the few remaining would've automatically taken the positions of power. Until the "little man" got his chance to take over.
Guessing genetic defects and abnormalities came from mixing the gene pool poorly. And they were mostly gone by the 1700s and 1800s. Posed photos look like we're back in the circus again.
Short people got.... no reason to live..... they got dirty little feet, dirty little minds,
can't stand no short people round here. Newman

Jim Duyer

Reactions
I haven't been active in this thread, even though I like the topic, simply because I have not one shred
of doubt in my mind that giants did live, and do live, among us. That they have for tens of thousands of
years or more, and that they represent part of the evidence that humankind has races that do not fit with the rest; as in, some of us are obviously from different parentage or planets if you will. Not that we are not all human, and all good in most ways, just that the common sense evidence tells us that our variety is more than can be explained by simple differences in one species.

Witchcraft

Reactions
I'll bring a modern picture into it for a bit of fun. This is me a few years back (probably about 5'3" in my work boots), with my mate's partner. My husband who's 6'3" looks up to him!

DW.jpg