Photograph of the Moon, 1865

Searching

Reactions
I came across this photo of the moon taken 1865.
1540674475249.png

At first, I thought there had to be some mistake, but no.
The photo was taken by a lawyer turned astronomer, Lewis Morris Rutherford.

Lewis Morris Rutherfurd (November 25, 1816 – May 30, 1892) was an American lawyer and astronomer, and a pioneering astrophotographer.
Lewis Morris Rutherfurd - Wikipedia

Rutherfurd_Lewis_Morris.jpg

Click on the picture at this site and zoom in.
The Moon, New York, January 8, 1865

Check out this post as well:
Early photograph of the Moon, 1865 - Stock Image - V700/0171

Sorry, but WTF?
I get this kind of detail with my Nikon P900 that I purchased in 2017. How the hell was some lawyer taking pictures of the moon with that much clarity at the end of The Civil War? This is preposterous.
I looked up other photos taken in 1865, and I get shit like this:

1540675061396.png

Bombardment of Fort Fisher, Jan. 15th, 1865. Lithograph by Endicott & Co., 1865, after T. F. Laycock.

Or better yet, drawings? Yes, drawings. We can't get one clear picture of any battle during the four years The Civil War was happening. We get drawings.

1540675172040.png

The same year this was drawn some lawyer took a picture of the moon that has P900 accuracy?
Bullshit.

Sohio

Reactions
I'm absolutely stuck on this and not able to find enough info on glass optics. What a great thinking post, and I also find myself concentrating on light pollution, apparently such a big deal that it helped inspire the outer space telescopes after everything got wrecked with light and combined with actual pollution particles the light became worse. Snowglobe is lit, I wonder if everything is just too polluted. I went to the real out out once and saw the miky way, this is the only time I have seen so much so I'm guessing most havn't since I live in the outskirts already. Perhaps people better at google fu can find something with the glass though.

Last edited:
OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
I'm absolutely stuck on this and not able to find enough info on glass optics. What a great thinking post, and I also find myself concentrating on light pollution, apparently such a big deal that it helped inspire the outer space telescopes after everything got wrecked with light and combined with actual pollution particles the light became worse. Snowglobe is lit, I wonder if everything is just too polluted. I went to the real out out once and saw the miky way, this is the only time I have seen so much so I'm guessing most havn't since I live in the outskirts already. Perhaps people better at google fu can find something with the glass though.
Hi! I see you're a new member. Welcome! I'm pretty new myself. So many people have great ideas on here. Can't wait to hear some of yours!

As far as the glass optics go, I don't know. History is just one big cluster of contradictions. I'm not sure what is real anymore. I'm leaning toward nothing.

MinLo66

Reactions
As you will see from the link here

Rutherfurds of New York and Ne - Genealogy.com

Rutherford was far from being just "some lawyer". He was descended from Royalty. Undoubtedly, totally not a Freemason of the 33rd Degree LOL. And they have been around forever and since time immemorial they have ALL been given an "assigment" (i.e., a project, a role to play a psyop to conduct, a war to start, a history to conceal/steal, pull off a heist of an entire Nations Wealth, play Dictators, Leaders of Religious Institutions, Countries or even the the Free World, etc.) to do their part in helping shape Societies, control the World Stage, construct and destroy Nations and Civilizations and Countries, but most of all to steal the Wealth and Heritage of all for a very few, the Worthy or Themselves. They do it for "the good of mankind" because "some/many must suffer and perish so others may live to the fullest and thrive". This ancient and oldest secret fraternity holds the key to every mystery and question we have about our World and its History. It may not be exciting enough of an explanation for those looking for answers to the ancient mysteries and the things that dont make sense today, but it really simply boils down to bloodlines, royalty, secret societies, wealth beyond comprehension, and power and control by the few over the many. It ALWAYS has. We really just have to dig into the History of Freemasonry, read their own written word from ages and centuries ago, study the history of the buildings and structures they actually built and where they put them and why, who they actually are and where they came from and what role they played, and it will all start making sense. There are resources out there although not so easy to find.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
As you will see from the link here

Rutherfurds of New York and Ne - Genealogy.com

Rutherford was far from being just "some lawyer". He was descended from Royalty. Undoubtedly, totally not a Freemason of the 33rd Degree LOL. And they have been around forever and since time immemorial they have ALL been given an "assigment" (i.e., a project, a role to play a psyop to conduct, a war to start, a history to conceal/steal, pull off a heist of an entire Nations Wealth, play Dictators, Leaders of Religious Institutions, Countries or even the the Free World, etc.) to do their part in helping shape Societies, control the World Stage, construct and destroy Nations and Civilizations and Countries, but most of all to steal the Wealth and Heritage of all for a very few, the Worthy or Themselves. They do it for "the good of mankind" because "some/many must suffer and perish so others may live to the fullest and thrive". This ancient and oldest secret fraternity holds the key to every mystery and question we have about our World and its History. It may not be exciting enough of an explanation for those looking for answers to the ancient mysteries and the things that dont make sense today, but it really simply boils down to bloodlines, royalty, secret societies, wealth beyond comprehension, and power and control by the few over the many. It ALWAYS has. We really just have to dig into the History of Freemasonry, read their own written word from ages and centuries ago, study the history of the buildings and structures they actually built and where they put them and why, who they actually are and where they came from and what role they played, and it will all start making sense. There are resources out there although not so easy to find.
Here is my dilemma: I just don't buy the Freemason, Illuminati controls everything story anymore.

When I discovered flat earth (I now believe this place to be more of a realm than any definite shape), I wanted to know when the globe earth lie began. Of course, it was Freemason Copernicus. I researched Freemasonry to death, then I found Nik Research and realized all of history is a lie.
Trying to make sense of things, I let go of Christianity's stranglehold and the belief that those who are illuminated are Luciferian. Since I wanted the answers and the Freemasons had it, I went to "the dark side" of the illuminated. I mean, why not go where the answers are?

I discovered The Kybalion, Sacred Geometry, and a deeper comprehension, and quit looking at things in terms of material. Everything is connected.Yes, The "enlightened" organizations know the secrets to this place, but I can no longer buy that they are running the place.

I don't care how enlightened one is, how royal his blood, or what insider information he is privy to, it seems highly unlikely that he could hatch a fool-proof millenia-long plan to ensnare an entire population. And even if he could, at some point down the line at least one of his dim-whitted grandchildren would more than likely screw it up.

Yes, Secret Societies are in charge here, but the plan is not theirs. I see them as puppets, the same as us. Shakespeare said, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players".
They have a script to follow, just like we do.

So who is in charge? Who wrote the script? I have a pretty good idea, but it is is really far out there. But, hey, the truth has to be really far out there since the lies are right in front of our face.

WildFire2000

Reactions
Alright then Searching, go for it, either here or in a new post on the forums, but send me a link. I want to read your thoughts.

On topic, it's nuts that that picture could be taken then, while we have nothing Civil War related that seems remotely the same. Just more questions once again, than answers.

Side note, it's funny how when someone 'loses faith' in a person, an organization, or belief it's called 'disillusionment'. Oh, they've become disillusioned with *insert thing here*... they've seen through the illusion! It's generally used as a negative term, but, uh.. sorry, what? They've separated from the illusion and that makes them 'bad'? Sorry, they see the truth ... The level of control in society is maddening.

Definition from an online dictionary :

disillusion
  • v.
    To free or deprive of illusion.
  • n.
    The act of disenchanting.
  • n.
    The condition or fact of being disenchanted.
illusion
  • n.
    An erroneous perception of reality.
  • n.
    An erroneous concept or belief.
  • n.
    The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
Hmmm... right?

Magnus

Reactions
Here is my dilemma: I just don't buy the Freemason, Illuminati controls everything story anymore.

When I discovered flat earth (I now believe this place to be more of a realm than any definite shape), I wanted to know when the globe earth lie began. Of course, it was Freemason Copernicus. I researched Freemasonry to death, then I found Nik Research and realized all of history is a lie.
Trying to make sense of things, I let go of Christianity's stranglehold and the belief that those who are illuminated are Luciferian. Since I wanted the answers and the Freemasons had it, I went to "the dark side" of the illuminated. I mean, why not go where the answers are?

I discovered The Kybalion, Sacred Geometry, and a deeper comprehension, and quit looking at things in terms of material. Everything is connected.Yes, The "enlightened" organizations know the secrets to this place, but I can no longer buy that they are running the place.

I don't care how enlightened one is, how royal his blood, or what insider information he is privy to, it seems highly unlikely that he could hatch a fool-proof millenia-long plan to ensnare an entire population. And even if he could, at some point down the line at least one of his dim-whitted grandchildren would more than likely screw it up.

Yes, Secret Societies are in charge here, but the plan is not theirs. I see them as puppets, the same as us. Shakespeare said, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players".
They have a script to follow, just like we do.

So who is in charge? Who wrote the script? I have a pretty good idea, but it is is really far out there. But, hey, the truth has to be really far out there since the lies are right in front of our face.

The Bible says men dont rule this world. Satan aka Lucifer aka The Evil Enemy, the king of Rebel Fallen Angels, Semiyazah, whatever thousands names he is known by. And remember he can transform to an angel of light.

Men can not hatch and keep centuries long secrets. But men arent the top of the food chain/pyramid.

Scripture teaches we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but powers and dominions and principalities. Satan is the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Satan aka The Devil takes Jesus to an exceedingly high mountain and shows him all the kingdoms of the world and says "These ALL I will give to you if you just bow down and worship me"....
You can't give away something you dont own. The Bible teaches therefore, plainly, that Satan owns and controls all kingdoms, nations, and governments. (But you dont ever hear about that in 501c3 corporate churches!

Ok so whats my actual point?
If demons are running the show, with the intent to deceive mankind into denying the True God and worshipping evil deities, then doesnt is make sense? Or more possible at least?

If Satan can shapeshift, and appear as a seemingly holy man, or a powerful businesswoman, or a buxom sexy blonde...
Couldnt he/they shapeshift history? Maybe...

Another thing to consider: The Albigensians were executed for their beliefs and history. Same with the Old Believers in present day Russia, and the Inquisitions and Witch Hunts were almost assuredly truly meant to wipe out those who went against the grain of the "new history and new paradigm"

Also, with digital life now a reality, the entire past can be rewritten in a single day worldwide, and disseminated to every land and every people. The only one who would not go along would be the old people living in remote areas. And those people dont have any power to change world paradigms, and if they do.... well, they get disappeared or worse, publicly executed, such as Jesus.

Jesus himself accused the Erudite religious and philosphical leaders of his day of PERVERTING the Scriptures, and making a new law and new history based on the traditions of MEN and not of God the Creator. (So this has been happening for a loooong time.) And these Pharisees demanded Jesus death for daring to challenge the paradigm and reveal Truth.

I have referenced multiple scriptures, and I am on mobile, and on vacation, so please forgive me for not citing book chapter and verse. Best to doubt me and copy paste my words and confirm for yourself.

Also, Jesus Christ says he is the literal embodiment of Truth.

Pontius Pilate asks Jesus Christ: "What is Truth?" And Christ does not reply, but simply stands silently in front of Pilate. Pilate in his love of the world, and love of his power, is unable to recognize Truth when it is standing in front of him.

Jesus also warns his disciples that many will come claiming to be Him, and in His name, but they are false. (Shapeshifting perhaps, or NPCs indwelled by demonic spirits)
Post automatically merged:

Alright then Searching, go for it, either here or in a new post on the forums, but send me a link. I want to read your thoughts.

On topic, it's nuts that that picture could be taken then, while we have nothing Civil War related that seems remotely the same. Just more questions once again, than answers.

Side note, it's funny how when someone 'loses faith' in a person, an organization, or belief it's called 'disillusionment'. Oh, they've become disillusioned with *insert thing here*... they've seen through the illusion! It's generally used as a negative term, but, uh.. sorry, what? They've separated from the illusion and that makes them 'bad'? Sorry, they see the truth ... The level of control in society is maddening.

disillusion
  • v.
  • n.
  • n.

illusion
  • n.
  • n.
  • n.

Hmmm... right?
AWESOME POST!!! New line of thought opened up for me.
So Disillusioned actually can mean ENLIGHTENED in a sense, right?

And we really need a new thread for WEAPONIZED LANGUAGE!

I have stopped calling young people "kids" because kids are baby goats, fit for sacrifice. Calling children 'kids' likens to them to child sacrifice. Aka passing through the fire into the hands of Moloch. Instead I use children or young person.

Another I avoid is HELLO. HELL is a place where the wicked go for punishment (probably no men or women, just rebel angels) and Hell is below or LO. Hell is Low. HELLO!? not a nice greeting.

So I now replace it with a simple "Hi!"
High, above, where God resides. Up. Its an uplifting greeting.

And of course "Good morning, good afternoon, good day, good evening, good night" all have positive connotations.

The book The Four Agreements teaches simply we have the power to bless and the power to curse with our words.

Last edited:

GroundhogLfe

Reactions

disillusion
  • v.
  • n.
  • n.

illusion
  • n.
  • n.
  • n.

Hmmm... right?
I've been thinking about the illusions a bit. On the definition one must ask who defines the error or what is false? For I believe we all are allowed to create our own perception of our reality. The term psychosis is used for people who are living in their illusions that contradict the perception the masses have been pulled to. It's just psyche that is on a whole another level, we're all in some state of it. We might have different variations of them on each that lead to different truths even on 'normal' society. Basically a concept of multiple dimensions, pull far enough and our worlds will drift apart. To enforce a view of a world and indoctrinate people to having the same perception of everything sounds pretty catholic / universal church to me. But who am I to speak for the others, perhaps it's a good thing.

Believing in and using illusions makes the world a more fun place, where disillusion ultimately gives you bliss and serenity.

I've had a long lasting jungian experience of my own from what I was able to pull off myself. It affects my current view of the world and makes me understand the importance of your own beliefs.

Regarding the topic of freemasonry I've wondered as it seems the Scottish rite could've been used to promote the Jacobite revolutions, it ultimately could've supported catholism where on the surface they are opposed to it. To me it looks like they've been used as puppets at one point at least. But it's also been a great thing for networking for a time where there was no Internet, it just would've made sense for a merchant or a politician to join them without any further agenda. But among networking can come fun and corruption where people with an agenda have a stranglehold over you. If anyone is demanding obedience to an authority who's backgrounds you don't really know and what lies behind him just walk away.

I was curious to not find a general thread for freemasonry under the secret societies posted already where people could talk about them openly and find answers for questions risen / made a thread of their own then.

Regarding the OP all I can say is that a nice find.

Last edited:
OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions

disillusion
  • v.
  • n.
  • n.
illusion
  • n.
  • n.
  • n.
Hmmm... right?
We wrote the script. Alan Watts explains it better than I can.

We are God, a small piece of Source energy, fractalized into seemingly individivualized parts. How else would Source get to know Itself?

Last edited:

Magnus

Reactions
We wrote the script. Alan Watts explains it better than I can.

We are God, a small piece of Source energy, fractalized into seemingly individivualized parts. How else would Source get to know Itself?
Uh, why would SOURCE have any need of knowing "itself" ?

Last edited:
OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
Uh

Uh, why would SOURCE have any need of knowing "itself" ?
Why do we have any need of knowing ourselves?

I get that this is a foreign concept to most. I recoiled and scoffed at the idea at first. We are taught that it is sacrilege to have such thoughts, but everything I have been taught is a lie, and this is no different.

How do we go about the task of knowing ourselves?
We need "mirrors", others, to reflect back to us what we are. For example, we are someone's wife or son. Try defining yourself without those mirrors. It is impossible. One might say, "I am a great speller. I have no need of a mirror to tell me that." Yet, someone taught him how to spell, and there was a class full of pupils with spelling skills below his own for him to compare his spelling skills to.

Everyone on this site is a mirror. We look outside of ourselves for information.

The last place anyone wants to look is inside himself. What better place for God to hide?

GroundhogLfe

Reactions
The idea of the grand consciousness is like all knowing, all that ever was is and will be. It is ultimate potential. There is no time. At the same time it can have an unlimited number of dreams of which each and every one of us could be one. It's like a mushroom, from the above everyone looks like an invidual but beneath we are all united. Thus in a sense we do not exist but as a dream, but that could all be from a simulation as well.

This is one option I've come to, but something inside me along with my experiences tells me to hold on to my inviduality, not of this ego, but the one in control here and beyond. As I do think there might be others beyond all that.

For the mind to undo all illusions and divisions is like undoing creation. Eventually you might be surrounded just by darkness that might be the truth, but nothing is stopping from creating those divisions and illusions again and a begin a new creation.

This has really derailed the OP and I was thinking that I should not contribute to this anymore, but it's just too interesting and been thinking of it a lot. But perhaps everything regarding my thoughts on possible reality has already been said and I'll leave room for the others.

Magnus

Reactions

I get that this is a foreign concept to most. I recoiled and scoffed at the idea at first. We are taught that it is sacrilege to have such thoughts, but everything I have been taught is a lie, and this is no different.

We need "mirrors", others, to reflect back to us what we are. For example, we are someone's wife or son. Try defining yourself without those mirrors. It is impossible. One might say, "I am a great speller. I have no need of a mirror to tell me that." Yet, someone taught him how to spell, and there was a class full of pupils with spelling skills below his own for him to compare his spelling skills to.

Everyone on this site is a mirror. We look outside of ourselves for information.

The last place anyone wants to look is inside himself. What better place for God to hide?

Great post! appreciate the stimulating thinking and challenging conceptions.

Here is my first thought I had when I read your reply.

How to define one's self? "I AM"

also the name of God

Timeshifter

Reactions
I have seen a few of these moon photographs supposedly of this period. It is suggested that an Albumen print would normally require a bright daylight exposure of 5 to 10 minutes (I have used this process and it does take this amount of time, to produce images nothing like this quality. Daguerreotypes at this time supposedly took 60 to 90 seconds of exposure…

Today with a digital camera, in normal conditions, a clear sky and bright moon, you would be talking a Shutter of 1/200th sec, F11, Iso 100 to get a nice sharp & well exposed image of the moon. Settings could very 10 or 20% from this, but anything lower than 1/30th of a second and you will start to see motion blur.

I would suggest that either the image in your post is not from the time frame suggested, or Rutherfurd had access to chemical process which allowed a much shorter exposure times. Unless he (and Draper) had a mechanical technology which allowed his camera to track the moon perfectly for 60 - 90 seconds, or 5 to 10 minutes…

Look at these supposed from 1940…

draper-moon-daguerreotype 1940.jpg

If we believe this article by Time magazine featuring the image on the right, both of these images were taken in the same year using the same process, by the same photographer.

The First Photograph of The Moon

Is this an honest journalistic mistake or mis-information?

Either way, I would suggest that there is something massively awry with the history of photography.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions

I believe knowing is a task requiring two entities. The knowing entity and the known entity. You cannot know yourself. Which one is you and which one is yourself. I can not know myself.

I believe the most one can hope is to BE themselves. Trying to know oneself is fruitless.

asatiger1966

Reactions
I came across this photo of the moon taken 1865.
View attachment 11040
At first, I thought there had to be some mistake, but no.
The photo was taken by a lawyer turned astronomer, Lewis Morris Rutherford.

Lewis Morris Rutherfurd (November 25, 1816 – May 30, 1892) was an American lawyer and astronomer, and a pioneering astrophotographer.
Lewis Morris Rutherfurd - Wikipedia

Click on the picture at this site and zoom in.
The Moon, New York, January 8, 1865

Check out this post as well:
Early photograph of the Moon, 1865 - Stock Image - V700/0171

Sorry, but WTF?
I get this kind of detail with my Nikon P900 that I purchased in 2017. How the hell was some lawyer taking pictures of the moon with that much clarity at the end of The Civil War? This is preposterous.
I looked up other photos taken in 1865, and I get shit like this:

Bombardment of Fort Fisher, Jan. 15th, 1865. Lithograph by Endicott & Co., 1865, after T. F. Laycock.

Or better yet, drawings? Yes, drawings. We can't get one clear picture of any battle during the four years The Civil War was happening. We get drawings.

The same year this was drawn some lawyer took a picture of the moon that has P900 accuracy? Bullshit.
" Warning" The information overload is serious on this site. History not taught will stunt your growth. Oh, that was the plan? My question , what happened to advancement on this technology from 1850-1920 ? Are we being fed the left overs? Weren't the Druids in Ireland?

Caption
William Parsons (1800-1867), Irish astronomer and 3rd Earl of Rosse. Parsons is most famous for the large telescope (the Leviathan of Parsonstown) that he had built on his estate at what is now Birr, Ireland. This 72-inch (183 cm) telescope was the largest in the world from 1847 until 1917, and it enabled the spiral nature of 'nebulae' like the M51 galaxy to be discerned. He inherited his father's Irish title in 1841. He was also a Member of Parliament (1821-1834), and a member of the House of Lords from 1845. He was President of the Royal Society (1848-1854), and chancellor of the University of Dublin from 1862. A crater on the Moon is named after him.

C0222720-Leviathan_of_Parsonstown.jpgC0145300-Leviathan_of_Birr,_Ireland.jpgR1020224-Lord_Rosse_s_Birr_telescopes,_Ireland.jpgR1020222-Lord_Rosse_s_3-foot_telescope,_Ireland.jpgH4160403-William_Parsons,_Irish_astronomer.jpg

Paracelsus

Reactions
Snowboarding and skate can teach you some interesting tips about the concept of "forced perspective," and the usage of a fish eye lens. A little handrail looks much more epic if you can optically stretch its' dimensions without physically altering the object itself.

Now, here is some super dope NASA skate footage using a fish eye lens:

We all know that if you show too much detail, you expose inconsistencies. An 1865 photo of the moon that looks like a DSLR image, mighty fishy.

whitewave

Reactions
@Timeshifter: "Look at these supposed from 1940…"

Did you mean 1840? And if so, would it make a difference in your point about photos? I know nothing about photography.

Timeshifter

Reactions
@Timeshifter: "Look at these supposed from 1940…"

Did you mean 1840? And if so, would it make a difference in your point about photos? I know nothing about photography.
Apologies, yes 1840, and definitely, the tech was not invented (supposed) to allow for fast exposures, without which moving targets such as the moon would be blurred.