Photo-realistic Drawings of Important Events, Places, and People (meant to deceive?)

Qmeta

Reactions
I've been noticing a lot of posts here of images that look like photographs that are actually drawings. I think this is a major obstacle to figuring out which part of our history is real and which is fake. I decided to start a thread with some of the more famous and better examples after I ran across this image of a young Queen Elizabeth. Notice that the jawbone and nose look artificial.

blog-post-059-09-cmmrtv-20-photo.jpg

At first glance this might look like a photograph. But upon closer inspection you will see that it's actually a pencil drawing of very high quality.

01.jpg

I've noted some of these on my website dealing with deception regarding time and space, but here are a couple of other examples. I'd like to hear if there are any others that people have come across.
2.jpgpg-lincoln3-abraham_lincoln_-_clara_barton_centenary-800x480.jpg624246174001_5267986544001_5267974801001-vs (1).jpgAbraham-Lincoln-by-Abraham-Byers-1858.jpg

Timeshifter

Reactions
It is often difficult to tell, a combination of poor photography and excellent art, plus the myriad of post production techniques old and new. Poor digital scanning is the biggest culprit though, artifacts created at the scanning stage add to the already difficult to decipher images.

But yes, some clearly meant to decieve.

Last edited:
OP
Qmeta

Qmeta

Reactions
It is often difficult to tell, a combination of poor photography and excellent art, plus the myriad of post production techniques old and new. Poor digital scanning is the biggest culprit though, artifacts created at the scanning stage add to the already difficult to decipher images.

But yes, some clearly meant to decieve.
So what happens when we base ideas off of drawings that we think are photographs?

I would think that it would be the first thing we investigate (if a theory is based on it)

Timeshifter

Reactions
So what happens when we base ideas off of drawings that we think are photographs?

I would think that it would be the first thing we investigate (if a theory is based on it)
Research the best you can, cross reference, look for supporting evidence. Not always easy.