Petra: The melted city

Ice Nine

Well that's how I see it. I think that area/city was so immense we can't even begin to imagine. It looks like it was melted. Everywhere you look, look past the facades, all along the "cliffs" are evidence of old stairways, and floors of rooms, remnants of buildings. Stairways to nothing, because the rooms have vanished due to the initial disaster and then erosion.

58_017527_PetraJordan.jpg

Here is a website where you can take a 360 aerial tour of Petra, it's mind altering. Air Pano Petra tour

OP
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Take the Air Pano tour and really look behind what they show besides the facades. It's really a spectacular place. I like the stairways to nowhere,

OP
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Hello BStankman, yes yes yes, that's exactly how I see these sites. So Glad you posted that Lycian tombs pictures. Holy cow what the heck was going on back then !? There is evidence of this all over the planet.

Have you been on the megaliths.org website. megaliths A person could spend days looking at everything.

Kailasa Temple is one of many interesting places, lots more pictures here Kailasa Temple I don't think they carved these places, they are merely uncovering them. I spend more time now looking in the background of these sites along the edges and you can see many remarkable and unusual things.
They start carving these places from the top down and I have read accounts where it was said by the workers they were simply chipping away and these temples would just start appearing. I am now suspecting they were covered by tons of ash that eventually hardened over the structures.

I also think we had more than one catastrophic event going on encompassing who knows how many years.

The-Kailasa-Temple-2.jpg

Last edited:

BStankman

Hello BStankman, yes yes yes, that's exactly how I see these sites. So Glad you posted that Lycian tombs pictures. Holy cow what the heck was going on back then !? There is evidence of this all over the planet.

Have you been on the megaliths.org website. megaliths A person could spend days looking at everything.
NewAge calls them rock cut also. But maybe that is a translation issue.

Sometimes the building only gets half buried in devastation.

ethiopia.jpg

india.jpg

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Some things are mind boggling aren’t they? These ones I do not even have a plausible hypothesis on. For every idea which comes to mind something either does not make sense, or does not look right.

BStankman

Bloody Hell BStankman, if those 2 pictures don't tell the tale, nothing does. (y)

this is in Kilistra Konya Turkey free standing "rock cut' city..oh brother!!!

View attachment 8972

View attachment 8973

This is somewhere in Georgia USSR
View attachment 8975

this is in Kumbet Turkey
View attachment 8976
Yes, Kilistra Konya are fantastic also. True fossils.

History is all wrong, geology is all wrong.
4K drone footage of the these sites will be indisputable.

Illegal to fly a drone at Giza right now.

OP
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

And we are free to compare notes now and see just about any place on Earth. I have a big collection of pictures saved of exterior rock cut temples..hahaha and tombs..again ahahahahaha! and interior shots, and then you can really see the scope of these left over buildings from another age. And I have been looking at this stuff for awhile now and I'm positive we are looking at the very least 2 separate catastrophic events and I'm only talking about all of these mud flow/ash covered tombs and temples. Who knows how many other resets have happened.

Oh, gotta take the dog for a walk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

One thing, among many, that bothers me, how come the walls are so smooth and black in some places. Like something originally cut right through the rock, it doesn't look natural at all to me.
the other day I was looking at some old engravings and I think it was in Greece someplace and a building had the exact facade as the Treasury bldg, the split roof line or gable what ever it is called. And then I got side tracked and never got back to it, so if anybody ever sees anything like this, please make note of it.

anyway the walls look weird, that doesn't look like weathering from wind and water. Anybody have a good idea?

Petra.jpg
Petra.jpg

Petra1.jpg

9480_treasury_petra_jordan.JPG

OP
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Hey, I like that, Petra , petrified, that's something to think about. Great map!

Sometimes the more I look at things the more confusing it gets. I'm starting to do more geological investigation about sandstone and metamorphic rock, volcanic action and heat and pressures effect on sand, to make sandstone.

I find this very interesting, this is Grand Falls in Arizona, I see many similarities. This could be how Petra was. Tons of ash and/or sand over it for a million years and then it starts being eroded by wind and water. And it was initially built by a giant race of people, the doorways and rooms are beyond huge.

Grand Falls Arizona.jpg

Also the erosion on the walls from water is astounding, beside the size and scope of it. Inside the Treasury.

inside T.jpg
inside-of-treasury-petra-jordan-113.jpg
inside-treasury-petra.jpg

King Solomon's mines were found about 30 miles from Petra

King Solomon's mines

Is this what it looked like inside the "Treasury Building"
King Solomon.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Thanks to BStankamn, in another thread, we have a pretty similar building style. Lady of Elche

Basílica de Santa María Elche, Spain
Santa Maria.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Fun tour isn't it, what a huge place. It does look like wood too. now I'll spend the rest of the evening taking all the tours of Petra, I like to look in the backgrounds and along the walls etc. sometimes you can see buildings stairs, doorways,things barely visible.

Here is the adjacent walls/corner, I like how weathered the doorways are, looks like much water has been swirling around in here at some point.

inside-treasury-petra.jpg

Who was walking through these doorways??

petra-the-treasury-inside.jpg

Last edited: