Palace of Farmers, Ministry of Agriculture, Tartarstan, Russian Federation

Aldebaran

Reactions
This post is not completely related, since it's a new building, but it took 2 years to construct nowadays, compare that to the construction times of "similar" style architectural buildings in the 19th century ( white city Chicago 1893 Columbian Exposition, other "world fairs" etc... ) Interesting that it shows a lot of Griffins on the roof and it's located in Tartarstan...

This eclectic piece of architecture is filled with symbolism, but it’s the 65-foot-tall bronze tree that is the building’s showstopper. Construction company Antica built the palace designed by architect Leonid Gornikin in just two years. Nestled in the main archway, the tree is a fitting reminder that the space is truly the “Palace of Farmers.” .... see here for more information or here (website of constructor)

Just wanted to give this information to the community here so there is some "reference point" in the construction time nowadays with such a style building compared to similar ones we find all over the world in the 19th century...

dreamtime

Reactions
When someone wanted to build a house in that style in my city, it met with great resistance from the city planning department, who said that it is not allowed to build in the old style because it is not modern. It took a petition to actually build it.

Maxine

Reactions
Yeah it really makes you think now on how the hell then they will be able to "build" entire cities with the very many of these buildings in 18 months (sometimes even less) for these World Fairs in 19th(i9th if you will) century, if it takes 2 years to build just one such building with today's technology!?

Red Bird

Reactions
Rich with symbolism and illuminated. The snow leopards look like Gryphons and trees like this are satanic/Illuminati. Wonder what else?
Perhaps they actually used old tartarian building techniques to get it up quickly. Wonder if the dome lighting (i think they said cage or rods) is normal electric.

Last edited:

Andromeda

Reactions
When someone wanted to build a house in that style in my city, it met with great resistance from the city planning department, who said that it is not allowed to build in the old style because it is not modern. It took a petition to actually build it.
We suffer the same cultural idiocracy in our departments in Sweden and they are not satisfied yet. They are planning on tearing down more pre-modern age buildings and they oppose all global antique esthetics in new buildings too just like you posted.

Maxine

Reactions
We suffer the same cultural idiocracy in our departments in Sweden and they are not satisfied yet. They are planning on tearing down more pre-modern age buildings and they oppose all global antique esthetics in new buildings too just like you posted.
Because 'they' know the true purpose of such buildings so that's why 'they' don't need the new ones like this and also don't need the ones that existed before!

Sawdy

Reactions
OP
Aldebaran

Aldebaran

Reactions
The sticker price for this building is 2.2 bln rubles, which is like over $36 mln.

Interesting how long it would have taken them to build it without our contemporary heavy machinery, and what the price would have been then.
Wages (costs) are much lower in Kazan compared to for instance Chicago: Average salary in Kazan is RUB 1107377 (US$ 23385), Employees in Chicago, Illinois make an average salary of $62,963. As of Q4 2018, so to construct the same building in Chicago would cost at least 2,7x more so around $100 mln...

Plissken

Reactions
I looked around Kazan awhile back and was fascinated. I admit I moved on because of the language barrier.. It has some old buildings that fit our narrative. And by the early city sketches, they have been around for awhile. Anyway, here is what I found interesting.

And many more - these are just the stand outs. The first pic above was a leaning tower for a while.

They also have other new structures that piqued my interest:

The Family Center

The Temple of All Religions:

And then some Google Maps street view pics:

And last but not least, the two flags of used by the Caesar of the Khanate of Kazan. A Dragon and an owl.

Updated city flag of Kazan, seal of Moscow, and seal of state of Kazan complete with flaming Jedi swords like in this post by KB Flaming Sword Link. All have the zilant - what they now call the dragon hybrid.

Plissken 🐍

Red Bird

Reactions
Not exactly the same but I was reminded of this picture when I saw the tree. Do you think the architect is a Jesuit? For once Wikipedia seems to be silent about him.

And also this representation of the Kabbalah tree of life

However the cabal seems to have a lock on all symbols and designs so no matter what you choose you’re implicated.

Maxine

Reactions
I strangely enough can't find any construction photos of this building aswell, maybe i'm looking in the wrong places?
EDIT: Seriously is it just appeared out of nowhere? Is there atleast any photos of this place where this building stands now before the building of it started in 2008?

Last edited: