Nimrod - A Mighty Hunter or Nephilim

Archangelclk

Reactions
Hello all, I am new to the forum and have really enjoyed reading the threads on here. One character who interests me is Nimrod. Nimrod is known or associated in some capacity with the Epic of Gilgamesh, Mars, Marduk, Osirus and Baal. He is the great-grandson of Noah, grandson of Ham, son of Cush, born about 95 years post-flood. Known as the first on earth to be a mighty hunter. He started cities, conquered other kingdoms and built the tower of Babel. He was married to Ashtarte/Semiramis and was eventually killed by Esau.

Nimrod - A Mighty Hunter or Nephilim (Giant)?
nimrod.jpg

.jpg

The Nephilim Giants were known as mighty men of renown
Genesis 6:1-22 When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. ...

Nimrod a mighty man and a mighty hunter before the Lord
Genesis 10:8-12 Cush fathered Nimrod; he was the first on earth to be a mighty man. He was a mighty hunter before the Lord. Therefore it is said, “Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the Lord.” The beginning of his kingdom was Babel, Erech, Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. From that land he went into Assyria and built Nineveh, Rehoboth-Ir, Calah, and Resen between Nineveh and Calah; that is the great city.

He built the Tower of Babel
00 (12).jpg

Flavius Josephus of the Antiquities of the Jews
Chapter 4. Concerning the Tower of Babylon, and the confusion of Tongues.
2. Now it was Nimrod who excited them to such an affront and contempt of God. He was the grand-son of Ham, the son of Noah: a bold man, and of great strength of hand. He persuaded them not to ascribe it to God, as if it was through his means that they were happy; but to believe that it was their own courage which procured that happiness. He also gradually changed the government into tyranny; seeing no other way of turning men from the fear of God, but to bring them into a constant dependence on his own power. He also said, “He would be revenged on God, if he should have a mind to drown the world again: for that he would build a Tower too high for the waters to be able to reach; and that he would avenge himself on God for destroying their fore-fathers.”

3. Now the multitude were very ready to follow the determination of Nimrod, and to esteem it a piece of cowardice to submit to God: and they built a Tower; neither sparing any pains, nor being in any degree negligent about the work. And, by reason of the multitude of hands employed in it, it grew very high, sooner than any one could expect. But the thickness of it was so great, and it was so strongly built, that thereby its great height seemed, upon the view, to be less than it really was. It was built of burnt brick, cemented together with morter, made of bitumen; that it might not be liable to admit water. When God saw that they acted so madly, he did not resolve to destroy them utterly; since they were not grown wiser by the destruction of the former sinners: but he caused a tumult among them, by producing in them diverse languages; and causing, that through the multitude of those languages, they should not be able to understand one another. The place wherein they built the Tower is now called Babylon: because of the confusion of that language which they readily understood before: for the Hebrews mean by the word Babel, Confusion. The Sibyll also makes mention of this tower, and of the confusion of the language when she says thus: “When all men were of one language, some of them built an high tower, as if they would thereby ascend up to heaven. But the Gods sent storms of wind, and overthrew the tower, and gave every one his peculiar language. And for this reason it was that the city was called Babylon.” But as to the plan of Shinar, in the country of Babylonia, Hestiæus mentions it, when he says thus, “Such of the Priests as were saved took the sacred vessels of Jupiter Enyalius, and came to Shinar of Babylonia.”
.jpg

Updated info:

Alias names of Nimrod in different cultures
4fab0adf-08a5-4e01-9524-b91050955dd6.jpg

• What are your thoughts on Nimrod?
  • Was he a giant or just a mighty hunter?
  • Was he a Nephilim, how did he gain so much power?
  • What was the real purpose behind the tower of babel?
  • What other historical sources, parallels, names is he known by?

Last edited:

fega72

Reactions
I just copied this from wikipedia:
In the Hungarian legend of the Enchanted Stag (more commonly known as the White Stag [Fehér Szarvas] or Silver Stag), King Nimród (aka Ménrót and often described as "Nimród the Giant" or "the giant Nimród", descendant of one of Noah's "most wicked" sons, Kam (references abound in traditions, legends, several religions and historical sources to persons and nations bearing the name of Kam or Kám, and overwhelmingly, the connotations are negative), is the first person referred to as forefather of the Hungarians. He, along with his entire nation, is also the giant responsible for the building of the Tower of Babel—construction of which was supposedly started by him 201 years after the event of the Great Flood (see biblical story of Noah's Ark). After the catastrophic failure (through God's will) of that most ambitious endeavour and in the midst of the ensuing linguistic cacophony, Nimród the giant moved to the land of Evilát, where his wife, Enéhgave birth to twin brothers Hunor and Magyar (aka Magor). Father and sons were, all three of them, prodigious hunters, but Nimród especially is the archetypal, consummate, legendary hunter and archer. Both the Huns' and Magyars' historically attested skill with the recurve bow and arrow are attributed to Nimród. (Simon Kézai, personal "court priest" of King Ladislaus the Cuman, in his Gesta Hungarorum, 1282-85. This tradition can also be found in over twenty other medieval Hungarian chronicles, as well as a German one, according to Dr Antal Endrey in an article published in 1979).

dianag

Reactions
One of my favorite Flat Earther's is Rob Skiba. He is very articulate in explaining his views. As I was looking for new posts from him I found the interview on Truth Frequency Radio about Nimrod between Rob and Dr Lake who wrote the Shinar Directive.

There is a lot of information I have never heard regarding Nimrod and how he became a 'Mighty Man'. His supposed remains were said to have been discovered in Iraq. Shortly thereafter the government did the 'weapons of mass destruction' war in Iraq. Apparently one of the first places they captured was Nimrod's tomb and a ziggurat that held information on bring people back from the dead. They went to extract the DNA of Nimrod in the hopes of resurrecting his body type.

There are references to other historical data mentioned and speculation about other things Nimrod did and was.

Just as an aside I started reading the book of Enoch and found in Chapter 7 it is mentioned that the offspring of the human women and the watchers were 300 cubits tall. The conversion for this is 300 cubits = 450 feet. Picture a 45 story building and that is the height of these Nephilim.

UltimoHombre

Reactions
Good post fellas!

The only thing I can contribute is the connection to the Trinity.

I've long since known the trinity, as taught in the christian church, made no fucking sense to me.
Father, Son, Holy Ghost? All the same person?
No.
Father. Son. Who is missing from this?
Mother.
Father+Mother = Son, that's the True Trinity, and the essence of "Creating something from Nothing," Sex Magic.
Could be why we're prudish christians in the West . . .

But this idea struck me hard when I saw this photo:
SemiramisTammuzNimrod.jpg

I mean, names aside, gents, this esoteric photo is showing us the Trinity.

Cheers~

whitewave

Reactions
Just as an aside I started reading the book of Enoch and found in Chapter 7 it is mentioned that the offspring of the human women and the watchers were 300 cubits tall. The conversion for this is 300 cubits = 450 feet. Picture a 45 story building and that is the height of these Nephilim.
A cubit is generally considered to be equal to 18 inches. 300 x 18 = 5400 divided by 12 (12 inches in 1 foot) = 45 feet. Might check my math; it was never my strong suite. Still, pretty big fella.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
How could anyone be that big without collapsing under their own weight?? Was gravity not as strong back then? Would that explain why it was so easy to move huge blocks of stone weighing hundreds of tons?

dianag

Reactions
A cubit is generally considered to be equal to 18 inches. 300 x 18 = 5400 divided by 12 (12 inches in 1 foot) = 45 feet. Might check my math; it was never my strong suite. Still, pretty big fella.
There are different lengths given for a cubit. One is the Royal Egyptian cubit.
300 x 1.7175196850394 is 515 feet
How many feet in 1 cubit [Royal Egyptian]? The answer is 1.7175196850394.
Convert feet to cubit [Royal Egyptian] - Conversion of Measurement Units

One of my favorite Flat Earther's is Rob Skiba. He is very articulate in explaining his views. As I was looking for new posts from him I found the interview on Truth Frequency Radio about Nimrod between Rob and Dr Lake who wrote the Shinar Directive.

There is a lot of information I have never heard regarding Nimrod and how he became a 'Mighty Man'. His supposed remains were said to have been discovered in Iraq. Shortly thereafter the government did the 'weapons of mass destruction' war in Iraq. Apparently one of the first places they captured was Nimrod's tomb and a ziggurat that held information on bring people back from the dead. They went to extract the DNA of Nimrod in the hopes of resurrecting his body type.

There are references to other historical data mentioned and speculation about other things Nimrod did and was.

Posting this Rob Skiba video which covers Nimrod from other sources, the possible size and location of the Tower of Babel, commentary on the flat earth with Biblical references and more.

Last edited:

CitizenShip

Reactions
So this guy was born after the flood, yet in the next sentence he is building city's with what seems like gay abandon, for who exactly??, four men and four women are the figures given for the survival of the flood, how could this dude be building city's with such architectural precision that they look so beautiful even today and for what and whom exactly! and then we are also to believe that of these 8 humans left on the whole wide plane that they must have been from each of the original root races! The mind bogles!

Red Bird

Reactions
So this guy was born after the flood, yet in the next sentence he is building city's with what seems like gay abandon, for who exactly??, four men and four women are the figures given for the survival of the flood, how could this dude be building city's with such architectural precision that they look so beautiful even today and for what and whom exactly! and then we are also to believe that of these 8 humans left on the whole wide plane that they must have been from each of the original root races! The mind bogles!
The book gives some new ideas on the whole thing, with the exception of population. The cities were small at first obviously and probably indicates ‘something else’ going on in the story- which the book REALLY covers. In fact the first city was even earlier after actual creation - Cain’s son Enoch. It’s not sure the tower was actually in Babylon or Even where Babylon really was (see KDs thread for one).
Babel and the World Population: Biblical Demography and Linguistics. Population calculation article

Also those fab buildings may not have come til later (there are giants hovering around this story), plus the tower itself represents something spiritual too (see the books take). Funny you mention gay abandon ... that,s his theory.

About the root races they could carry all the genes necessary (plus giant or other dna). In fact the author makes a case that nimrod was black in more ways than son of Cush, who historically was considered black like Ham his father.

To blow your mind even more, Shem (Noah’s son) was still alive during this and the author makes the case he killed nimrod (also showing what other gods through the ages represented nimrod). It’s thought Noah was even alive at the beginning of the tower. Poor Noah I’m sure he thought ‘here we go again’.

Here’s a timeline, though I haven’t checked this one out totally:

So the I​

The Bible is history, not any more unbelievable than anything else, more proven than anything else, and this is one reason I really came to believe everything in it true. In any case it’s fascinating .

Last edited:

CitizenShip

Reactions
I do not buy religion or the bible or the overarching and vengeful god that is somehow neurotically jealous of his creation to periodically wipe them out with a smirk of divine comedy, all the while saying love is the answer brother.
I think religion is an extension/promotion of something called the monkey experiment.

On the flip side one could say that it is all a big joke, a big game, a big club but unfortunately we ain't part of it, in fact religion really doe's think it owns every soul on this plane right now(Unam sanctam - Wikipedia), how do i know, you like me has a birth registration certificate with a title, a title denotes ownership, who is your owner???

So where does that leave us, simulation, some technologically advanced experiment(gone off the rails perhaps), some cosmic game where the measure is to see how much shit you can feed people without them saying this tastes like shit, who knows but one thing i am certain of is there ain't much truth in the Babl

Damn i was meant to say nimrod somewhere!

Red Bird

Reactions
I do not buy religion or the bible or the overarching and vengeful god that is somehow neurotically jealous of his creation to periodically wipe them out with a smirk of divine comedy, all the while saying love is the answer brother.
I think religion is an extension/promotion of something called the monkey experiment.

On the flip side one could say that it is all a big joke, a big game, a big club but unfortunately we ain't part of it, in fact religion really doe's think it owns every soul on this plane right now(Unam sanctam - Wikipedia), how do i know, you like me has a birth registration certificate with a title, a title denotes ownership, who is your owner???

So where does that leave us, simulation, some technologically advanced experiment(gone off the rails perhaps), some cosmic game where the measure is to see how much shit you can feed people without them saying this tastes like shit, who knows but one thing i am certain of is there ain't much truth in the Babl

Damn i was meant to say nimrod somewhere!
I agree. Who is your owner is the right question.