NASA is preparing a sequel to the moon landing (2024)

Ice Nine

Reactions
So, they never had to overcome any of those boundaries 'radiation, isolation ,gravity and extreme environments (like never before, hint) last time

This whole infomercial screams, yeh we never did this before....

:)
What a load of cornball crap.:ROFLMAO: Like never before, say wot! This should be named Hey we are going to try it again, or, no really, try this time, for real.

It's like a cheesy infomercial that you run across late at night while channel surfing.

Mabzynn

Reactions
So let's get this straight...

They're going to an object that they say is 238,900 miles away from earth. To assist with landing on an object that they say at an average of 140,000,000 miles away from earth. So building a support station that is still 139,761,100 miles away is supposed to actually help?

milhaus

Reactions
New moon landing project is called Artemis.

NASA Names New Moon Landing Program Artemis After Apollo's Sister

Half a century after NASA sent men to the moon under project "Apollo," the space agency is now working to land men — and women — on the lunar surface as part of its "Artemis" program

"It turns out that Apollo had a twin sister, Artemis. She happens to be the goddess of the moon," said Bridenstine, referring to Greek mythology. "Our astronaut office is very diverse and highly qualified. I think it is very beautiful that 50 years after Apollo, the Artemis program will carry the next man — and the first woman — to the moon."

The Artemis program, which was previously only referred to by its component names — including the Space Launch System heavy-lift rocket, Orion crew vehicle and Gateway lunar outpost — began when President Donald Trump signed Space Policy Directive 1 in 2017, directing NASA to return astronauts to the moon.
Interesting the module is named after Orion. According to Greek Myth he was killed by Artemis. Either accidentally, or in one version, Orion tries raping Artemis and she kills him.

Artemis is also the name of another Andy Weir (The Egg, The Martian) book.
Artemis (novel) - Wikipedia

Artemis is a 2017 science fiction novel written by Andy Weir. The novel takes place in the late 2080s and is set in Artemis, the first and so far only city on the Moon
Also, here is the "Gateway"

Is this why the Avatar movies were rescheduled?
I'm expecting this reboot to be far more emotional and engaging than Kubrick's film.
😆

Searching

Reactions
So, Trump wants to take $1.9 Billion away from Pell grants to fund this moon extravaganza.
I can't be upset. Money isn't real. Education isn't real. NASA isn't real. Moon landing isn't real. Just moving Monopoly money around.

I guess that is what is most disturbing - seeing through it all. I'm still a bit disturbed that I am no longer disturbed. Then Strawberry Fields pops in my head.
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

WarningGuy

Reactions
I wonder if the new lunar landing module will be any thicker than 3 sheets of aluminum foil NASA told us the original one was in that movie ? I hope so because i put 3 sheets together to see how strong it would be and my 3 month old grandson poked his finger through it like it was butter. I remember as a lad watching it on tv with the family and everyone in the house was asking dad to fix the telly because the picture was so shit. It was so bad to watch us kids went outside and got the tennis racket and hit rocks up into the air to see which one off us could put a hole in the 3 sheets of tin foil first.

codis

Reactions
I suppose the "Musk - SpaceX - Falcon" story was just a live test of the latest CGI/hologram technology for THIS blockbuster.
Not sure what is the motivation behind it. But I remember a site hypothesizing about a faked alien landing + messianic appearance adapted to local expectation, with the aim to pacify and transquilize the sheeple into accepting a one-world-government at once.
Not sure, but this kind of electronic fireworks display is surely much cheaper than real space missions, and the want to keep up the pretense of progress.

Starman

Reactions
So let's get this straight...

They're going to an object that they say is 238,900 miles away from earth. To assist with landing on an object that they say at an average of 140,000,000 miles away from earth. So building a support station that is still 139,761,100 miles away is supposed to actually help?
The whole thing is a charade. Look at that idiot NASA spokesman Pettit. American careerists in top positions used to come across as informed, mature, and representing the best among their peers. Instead it's now a bunch of flighty soy boys who seem disconnected from the seriousness of their endeavors. They're all flippant and off the cuff, as being informal is now an important calling card for being regarded as a succesful person. Nobody with gravitas in these roles anymore, just a bunch of lightweights. What's that say about the mission and the agency in putting a guy like that forward?

The whole thing is BS and is entertainment for the dumbed down fanboys and girls. You can pass off any science talk to such folk as the holy grail. No discernment, no depth, just pure allegiance to a ridiculous idea of going into space that isn't there.

codis

Reactions
The whole thing is BS and is entertainment for the dumbed down fanboys and girls.
The thing is - the people want to believe.
I had been on a "Team Building workshop" the last two days, as a technical engineer in a larger company.
It is frightening how easily and readily people accept any proposition of the team leaders or the psychologically trained "moderators.
The urge to be in sync with peers is much stronger in most people than the need for individual thinking.
And this seems my problem - most people can't even feel this pressure of alien thought they shut down their own mental facilities automatically.
I cannot, and never could. I continuously realized the manipulative language (e.g. frequent superlatives) of the moderators and contradictions in and between their statements, and had a really difficult time to keep a straight face.
The topic of NASA came up once as well, and everybody (all engineers, or similar education) believed NASA is real, SpaceX+Falcon is real, and what great achivements, we want to be in.
Terrible.
Which gives me anything else but hope for the future. Which leads to my next example. On our drive back, I've seen campaigning for the upcoming EU parliament elections. Some parties here now open advertize the "United States of Europe" on their posters.
I guess it doesn't matter, soon people will believe the ever wanted the dissolution of nation states, and always loved our Wise Leaders in Bruessels.

Being it a new Moon Landing or a New Hitler - people will believe.

wild heretic

Reactions
I suppose the "Musk - SpaceX - Falcon" story was just a live test of the latest CGI/hologram technology for THIS blockbuster.

That's what I thought. I was waiting for an eventual NASA Strikes Back sequel to the moon landing movie series. I figured they haven't got there yet with computer technology to mimic realism 100%. Even the realism of the 9/11 movie had flaws. I reckon now they think they can fool everybody all of the time with the special CGI technology that they now have.

I honestly thought Mars would be the tester, but maybe the moon first and then Mars.

"Going back to the moon" was only a matter of time once the fakery technology caught up... and now it seems we are here. :D

Maybe they are testing it right now and "Pon Pettit" is just another "Simone" CGI character. I wouldn't put it past them.

There is something very "off" about Don I can't put my finger on. The eyes and mannerisms aren't right.

OP
dreamtime

dreamtime

Reactions
Good points. They had to wait until the technology is ready. They need something waterproof, and it needs to convince the majority of people, otherwise it will be an epic fail.

The conspiracy community will be all over it. Only high level CGI will make it possible to pull this off without obvious flaws.

Don Pettit indeed looks like a robot, the looks and the way he talks doesn't appear human, I never saw anyone like that.

Searching

Reactions
Don Pettit indeed looks like a robot, the looks and the way he talks doesn't appear human, I never saw anyone like that.
This is the last (at least so far) wall of cognitive dissonance to climb. Yes, Don Pettit is a character. Every politician, news anchor (called such because they anchor us in to this reality), teacher, lawyer, judge, policeman, wife, mother, sister, husband, father, son, and brother are playing a character.

We can see the costumes, the make-up, the plot holes... but what I failed to grasp for a long time is that I am not an audience member in this play of life. I am a participant. When I became brave enough to look within myself, I saw that I too was wearing a costume, a bioelectric avatar. I do not have a soul. I am a soul in a temporary human experience.

No one is lying to us. We signed up to be extras in a play. We just forgot.

Starman

Reactions
It is frightening how easily and readily people accept any proposition of the team leaders or the psychologically trained "moderators.
The urge to be in sync with peers is much stronger in most people than the need for individual thinking.
This is it in a nutshell - "go along to get along" That is a prime directive of the human herd. We are still animals and not yet homo sapiens sapiens.

I too am not holding out much hope the herd will wake up in sufficient numbers to make a difference to our future. Either we get a reset or we go down the road of dystopic totalitarianism.

CGI is the ticket. We are in a virtual world already and the noose is getting tighter, AI, transhumanism, robotics are all part of a life simulation program that is getting implemented. I for one will not lament leaving this realm when I die, and I'm definitely not coming back, if I have anything to do with it.

Andrinus

Reactions
What a significant observation. We'll have to think more about this mimetic phenomena, for example to get better ideas of how the deception or even reset of a whole society might actually work, from the perspective of the people.

Surprisingly or not, one of the worlds most influential tec investors thinks about it too.

Obertryn

Reactions
I guess they found all the telemetry data they lost. Found all the lost technology, too. Should be easier now knowing the moon is in earth's atmosphere. Won't have to deal with that pesky vacuum thing. Good on ya, NASA.

Though they do have to deal with moonquakes now. Shrinking Moon May Be Generating Moonquakes
I'm not much for "fake people" but Don Pettit in that video reminds me of a puppet. Mouth gets too open at times, wide open eyes darting back and forth very weirdly and very stiff posture. He's what I'd imagine a human replica robot to act like.

codis

Reactions
This is it in a nutshell - "go along to get along" That is a prime directive of the human herd. We are still animals and not yet homo sapiens sapiens.
Being a bit older than just 18, I experienced many people to be quite reasonable if spoken to alone.
Yet, in a group, they seem to lose their "mind".
Not that I'm the first to realize (may I remind of Gustave LeBon ???), but to see it in real life, right before your eyes, is ... frightening.

Perhaps there is really something physicall "wrong" with me - or us, assuming most people here made similar experiences.
What is it that makes one resist the urge for conformity, and search for the uncomfortable truth ?
Basically a rhetorical question, but feel free to answer ...

Starman

Reactions
What is it that makes one resist the urge for conformity, and search for the uncomfortable truth ?
Basically a rhetorical question, but feel free to answer ...
I think some of us original thinkers are just born that way, call it karma or just predisposition to a questioning mind. Perhaps it is part of our spiritual journey, a sign of accomplishment from previous lives. We are becoming less animalistic. Are we the leading edge of a more discriminating mindset that could spread to the greater population?

I think of the ancients, those beings that wielded great knowledge and technologies. They were clearly sovereign minds and not like the sheep of present times. How did they evolve to that level of responsibility?

I tend to think we are the bleeding edge of awareness, at least for beings of these times. We are doing the best we can.

Personally, I am ready to die at any time, knowing that I have cracked the code of our luciferian overlords. I am no longer able to be entrained into their matrix. I worry about others, but that's not really my karmic responsibility. I think in the end it's about your own personal journey. Have you seen through the matrix? Can you die and navigate through the twists and turns of the afterlife and keep your head high? Are you in touch with your compassionate mind, wishing everybody well as you enter the great beyond?

codis

Reactions
Comforting thoughts, at least.
I'm sure our "overlords" see it differently.
People like us are the odd ones out, the troublemakers. The nail sticking and needs a hammering first. See "ODD".
I have a hunch that certain methods and procedures exist mainly to identify and sort out such divergents.
Such as religious professions, mentioned "team-building" events, and occasional tightenings of the authoritarian grip on the herd.
Which leads me to the assumption that the observed unconscious dissolution of the mind into groupthink is not a natural human state, but selective breeding.
As natural as pugs, Shih Tzus, or Chihuahuas.

And to pay lip service to the thread - I'm looking forward to the moon landing, that wonderful progress of technology and humanity in general.
BTW, what are we doing there ?
Trillions of dollars for some moon rock selfies, honestly ???