How did the sand get into the Sahara Region?

When we consider a possibility that 300-400 years ago there was no sand in the Sahara region, then how did it get there?
sahara.jpg

What are possible ways to create and deliver so much sand to the area in question? And the area is a bit bigger than just the Sahara desert. It appears that we only have two possible ways for the sand to appear where there was none before.
  • Natural (forces of nature)
  • Artificial (man/intelligent being assisted)
sahara-sand.jpg

KD: Any thoughts?

Sometimes ago I was translating some texts on maps from Tuscany dated to the XVI century and a peculiar "story", never heard on any modern history books, was given, which may be not the most outstanding or impressive idea but still to take into consideration.
Immagine 2023-08-10 204042.jpg

This is the translation taken from from Stefano Bonsignori's map of Nubia-Sudan:

"The ancient Egyptians (Egizzij) did not know where the sources of the Nile (Nilo) were, nor the Ethiopians (Etiopi) knew about the effect its waters have, that is the floods they provoke in Egypt (Egitto). But they found out it during the reign of the Sultans (Sultani), when the Egyptians were forced to pay a substantial tribute to the Emperor (Impatore) of the Ethiopians in order to prevent him from diverging the Nile into the Red (Rosso) sea, and they still pay it."

The threat essentially consisted on diverging the course of the Nile therefore destroying Egypt. I wonder if something similar happened to the Saharan rivers due to internal wars.

Are you suggesting that the diverging of Sahara region rivers somehow resulted in the emergence of sand?

To be fair I know nothing of how sand is "created". I assume it's a byproduct of drought but what part of what becomes sand is a question mark for me. Is it possibly soft soil which becomes sand? Don't know! I'm open to different points of view.

My point was that the Emperor of Ethiopia knew how to diverge a river as big as the Nile and the effects it could produce, so maybe his knowledge was not just theoretical but had some vivid examples in the past or in his present day. And I remember that various rivers were supposed to flow through the Sahara previous to desertification so maybe that could be considered a possible explanation out of many.

Well, I've been mocked previously for citing him and my enlightened real friends think he is a fraud (maybe so, what do I know?); in any case, Ben Fulford reports this week:

The Pentagon people also said their research indicated advanced civilization was destroyed at least twice on this planet. They claim they have seen evidence atomic weapons were used in these events. For example, there is very convincing evidence of a devastating nuclear war in ancient India, including radioactive skeletons, molten glass, etc.

I suppose sand would also be produced.

Everyone in the know has got to know precisely. The good ol' Nazis definitely made a run for that Indian technology. And America, basically being run (at a deep state, COG level) by that cast of characters, post-1945, has reportedly gone to war in the sands of Iraq searching for more. More power.

"Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives."

Last edited:
I suppose sand would also be produced.
Yup, but what's the mechanism, and out of what? There is a gazillion of tons of it out there. If north Africa was vegetated and "rivered", and with multiple cities here and there... what was used to form so much sand? This source says that Sahara desert has 10 billion cubic meters of sand.
  • The composition of sand varies, depending on the local rock sources and conditions, but the most common constituent of sand in inland continental settings and non-tropical coastal settings is silica (silicon dioxide, or SiO2), usually in the form of quartz.
  • Sand - Wikipedia

Well, maybe we should petition naval intelligence for answers and/or an office and salary... (smiles).

In any case, the above link to several interviews with Joseph Farrell are most interesting. He fills in many questions I've had about technologies, the dreaded deep state, and history. Of course, I think the questions raised by you and others here blow the lid off of, not only recent presuppositions about winners and losers in the 1940s and beyond, but about every single political, economic and spiritual assumption that normally dictate the terms of public discourse. But, as for sand...

Watching the tv and they talk about sand. First. The sun looks to be setting when filmed through a sand cloud. When the sand is gone the sun rises again. (According to tv).
22 tons of phosphor, that is pee, blows over to Amazonas each year with the sand From Sahara. Apparently not from the other African dessert.
My question is how come the sand looks and feel the same when it lands in either france, amazonas(?) Or the canary islands, when it is said only the smallest dust sand bits can fly with the wind (and dried pee, from where do these amounts come from?) ?

Desserts grow on every continent but I haven't figured yet if it is the same pattern of cross earth desserts line Mongolia to Sahara and the smaller dotted ones around or world. The sand seems to always be there somehow, its just invisible until the soil matters dry up and blows away?

How come it covers the ocean floors then?? Had no idea sand would raise this many questions. :)

400 year old Sahara Desert, or why people forgot everything they knew about Africa is one of my absolute favorite articles by you. Not sure where the sand came from but definitely striking how it's sprayed over the continents like a decimating weapon.

I have relatives in the Mediterranean and for them, the sand from Africa is considered very dangerous and filled with illness and disease, so that people take care to keep it out, when it blows over the ocean. Is this echoes of hearing all those cities in Africa being obliterated?

And this is kind of my point. 1/3 of the continent gets covered in sand, and we have an idea of the approximate time frame. Yet, it's not reflected in any known publication, or local legend that I know of. How is that possible within the conventional paradigm?

And this is kind of my point. 1/3 of the continent gets covered in sand, and we have an idea of the approximate time frame. Yet, it's not reflected in any known publication, or local legend that I know of. How is that possible within the conventional paradigm?
From here: African myths

Yoruba of West Africa:

The Yoruba people believed in the sky god named Lord of Heaven, the sky god Olorun and the marshy water godess Olokun.

Olorun and Olokun was the first gods on Earth in the beginning, untill Olorun lowered down a golden chain into the marshy water He [poured] then sand on and then he dropped a chicken into the water; the chicken started [spreading] out the sand in all directions and there became land everywhere.

R: I saw somewhere that there are dunes in the Sahara, several stories high. The person commenting, said the only way they could be created was from massive amounts of water. Is this sand left over from the deluge?

Last edited:
I’ve often wondered this myself. Here’s a ridiculous read:
| EarthSky

Here’s a direct quote, emphasis added by me:

Nearly all sand in deserts came from somewhere else – sometimes hundreds of kilometers away. This sand was washed in by rivers or streams in distant, less arid times – often before the area became a desert.​
Once a region becomes arid, there’s no vegetation or water to hold the soil down. Then the wind takes over and blows away the finer particles of clay and dried organic matter. What’s left is desert sand.​
So did the sand come from somewhere else? Or was it there all along and everything else was stripped away? If the wind blew everything else away, where precisely is “away”? There’s half a continent worth of stuff to blow away.

In summation, five paragraphs gave us nothing but contradictions and more questions…

Why does sand cover the majority of the ocean beaches? What does that mean for non-aquatic environments that are sand? Did sand originate on land and make it into the water en masse? Or did sand originate in the water and get deposited on the land?

Sand, you siliceous enigma.

Silicon based life hypotheses always remind me of the X-files episode Firewalker. In 1994, that was my first introduction to the idea of non carbon life. The scientific community for the most part seems pretty certain (how???) that it’s not feasible.

If it was silicon based life, how did that result in the sand?
To be fair I know nothing of how sand is "created". I assume it's a byproduct of drought but what part of what becomes sand is a question mark for me. Is it possibly soft soil which becomes sand? Don't know! I'm open to different points of view.

My point was that the Emperor of Ethiopia knew how to diverge a river as big as the Nile and the effects it could produce, so maybe his knowledge was not just theoretical but had some vivid examples in the past or in his present day. And I remember that various rivers were supposed to flow through the Sahara previous to desertification so maybe that could be considered a possible explanation out of many.

I stumbled upon this article a while back, and when I read your post it got my wheels turning:

Ancient megalake discovered beneath Sahara Desert

This references “natural” river channeling and further diffuses the matter by claiming Pleistocene era… but once the Nile drained into a massive lake, and then it didn’t. Maybe it was those pesky Ethiopians after all.

Last edited:
If it was silicon based life, how did that result in the sand?
Lol, I’m not a chemist. Sounds like sand consists of silica and oxygen… SiO2.
Once the sand arrives at the fabrication plant, factory personnel add carbon and heat the mixture in a furnace.
Sand can be turned into silicon. Not sure if there is a reverse process of turning silicon into sand.

Hypothetically speaking, if the area was covered in some silicon based forests with uber tall trees, and something happened that caused the above mentioned process… could such trees result in tins of sand after they fall.

The other option would be a chunk of the firmament collapsing to the ground. If it’s some sort of glass…

55AF51A8-CE4C-4E73-86B1-98146F022E13.jpeg

Source

Finely-crushed glass is basically a pure form of sand. When you grind down crushed glass to a fine powder, the difference between glass and sand is negligible at best; natural sand is made of quartz crystals of silicon dioxide and glass is the non-crystalline, amorphous form of silicon dioxide.
It probably sounds super stupid, but I’m just trying to think outside the box.

@KorbenDallas thats what I thought, I just wanted you to say it first. In terms of “super stupid” I contemplated quipping that it was saw dust from milling the silicon lumber 🤣

Glad I’m not the only weirdo out here, lol.

As far as parts of the firmament collapsing… I am not a big believer in different comets and asteroids, as they are portrayed and presented by the narrative compilers. If something was really falling from the sky, what could it be? In other words, could those be chunks of stuff that turned into sand on impact.

Do we have any accounts of sky being yellowish in color in the past?

I stumbled upon this article a while back, and when I read your post it got my wheels turning:

Ancient megalake discovered beneath Sahara Desert

This references “natural” river channeling and further diffuses the matter by claiming Pleistocene era… but once the Nile drained into a massive lake, and then it didn’t. Maybe it was those pesky Ethiopians after all.
What I'm thinking is the famous line by Herodotus who said the Ister (Greek name of the Danube river) was parallel to the Nile. This is totally false in modern geography since they are in fact perpendicular, so there's only two possibilities: Herodotus was a complete idiot or he was describing something which is not anymore there.
When it comes to the Danube there are various reports of an enormous lake on the territoy of roughly modern Hungary/Serbia, but no mention of the river flowing from north to south. On the other hand there are some "maps" generally attributed to Herodotus or inspired by his books showing a long river flowing through the Sahara parallel to the Mediterranean and the Danube. Hard to tell if Herodotus was calling Nile that river and if it was the same modern Nile or a totally different river... or if it's just a story by Herodotus!

Study Sheds New Light on Origin of Libyan Desert Glass | Sci.News

Wiki: Libyan desert glass or Great Sand Sea glass is an impactite, made mostly of lechatelierite, found in areas in the eastern Sahara, in the deserts of eastern Libya and western Egypt. Fragments of desert glass can be found over areas of tens of square kilometers.

The origin of desert glass is uncertain. Meteoritic origins have long been considered possible, and recent research links the glass to impact features, such as zircon breakdown, vaporized quartz and meteoritic metals, and to an impact crater. Some geologists associate the glass with radiative melting from meteoric large aerial bursts, making it analogous to trinitite created from sand exposed to the thermal radiation of a nuclear explosion. Libyan Desert glass has been dated as having formed about 29 million years ago. Like obsidian, it was knapped and used to make toolsduring the Pleistocene.

The glass is nearly pure silica which requires temperatures above 1,600 °C to form – hotter than any igneous rock on Earth. However, few mineral relics survived from whatever caused the melting, including a form of quartz called cristobalite, a rarely occurring high-temperature mineral; and grains of the mineral zircon, although most have reacted to form a higher-temperature mineral called zirconia. Ideas about how the glass formed include melting during meteorite impact, or melting caused by an airburst from an asteroid or other object burning up high in Earth's atmosphere.

R: is the sand from the firmament? Was tower of babel a machine to blow a hole in it? Could an explosion from that have impacted glass and sand in that region? The question of altered maps and vast wiping out on the continent are so interesting.

Last edited:
One of their favorite things to do is say “this happened a bajillion years ago” which really makes it seem inconsequential. Recently I have seen numerous things of interest to me refer to the Pleistocene era, including my previous detail re: the Nile and the super lake.

The Pleistocene era is defined as between 2.58 million years ago and 11,700 (oddly specific?) years ago, so it’s definitely antiquity on the late end, but 2.5 million years ago? A span of 2.579 million years? What is the point of this distinction, is it lost on me? Is that the scientific way of saying “somewhere between a long time ago and the beginning of time”, or more likely “we have no idea but good luck refuting this”?

Ugh, I can feel myself digressing.

I have for a long time considered any potential firmament to possibly be related to the Sky Stone of Sierra Leone, said to be “composed of 77% oxygen, along with traces of carbon, silicon, calcium, and sodium.” according to here amongst places. Sierra Leone is peripheral to the Sahara dessert, and the sites where the stone are uncovered are dated “12,000 years ago”, for whatever that’s worth. side note, it appears that the elusive sky stone is now a cash cow, with the last available hunk on sale for a hefty $5300 bucks.

In a desperate attempt to wrangle this all together… the Saharan super lake disappeared in the Pleistocene era. The skystones were deposited in the Pleistocene era. Estimates of the age of the Sahara desert are between 5,000 and 7 million years, which includes the Pleistocene era. The desert glass is commonly dated between 26 and 29 million years old.

How is the desert glass older than the desert it was made from? Why does 12,000 years ago keep coming up, and why do maps suggest the desert is only a few hundred years old?

Also, if we were to pretend that this is/was the result of some fantastic destructive force, what was it destroying?

According to the map of Juan de la Cosa, dated 1500, there was much ado about the Sahara region at the time:

IMG_5149.jpeg
I’m not sure the meaning of those compassy medallions, but the northern two seem to correspond to richat:

IMG_5151.jpg

and ennedi:

IMG_5150.jpeg

Coincidentally, both richat and ennedi are baffling and inexplicable “natural geological formations”.

To me, they defy geographical formation. I’ll spare you all additional pictures of richat, but have a look at some ennedi:

1692242889855.jpeg

1692242913507.jpeg

1692242949283.jpeg

1692242970049.jpeg

1692243008990.jpeg

1692243121152.jpeg

Last edited:
Similar articles
Article starter Title Section Replies Date
KorbenDallas 400 year old Sahara Desert, or why people forgot everything they knew about Africa Africa 18

Similar articles

Back