Mud Flood in Chattanooga, TN and Leavenworth, KS. Underground Cities and Tours.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
To be honest, I doubt there is a "not in the loop" person out there, who knows the exact mechanism of the arrival of mud. We clearly have multiple theories which provide possible explanations of why lower floors of the 19th, and early 20th century buildings ended up buried under up to 20 feet of mud. Whether it was a single catastrophic event, or a combination of several different ones remains to be seen. In reality, we do not even know if it was an artificially created, or a 100% natural catastrophe. Yet, we do understand that there is this, for the most part, officially explained phenomena of "buried first floors", and "underground cities". The academic narrative suggests we move along, for there is nothing special to see there. We, obviously, think otherwise.

Combined effort of multiple independent researchers slowly inches us towards a possible solution to the riddle. Most importantly, with every uploaded video, or published article, the exposure, as well as public awareness, goes up.

Today I wanted to attract your attention to a new video uploaded by CONSPIRACY-R-US. It is titled "Buried Street Levels and the Mud Flood". In the video he talks about two cities displaying evidence of what we universally call "The Mud Flood".

Chattanooga, TN and Leavenworth, KS
Chattanooga official: Underground Chattanooga is a below-ground area of Chattanooga, Tennessee that resulted from citizen efforts to prevent floods in the aftermath of the flood of 1867. It was rediscovered by Jeff Brown in the 1970s.

chattanooga.jpg

The Atlantic Depot, Chattanooga, TN
atlantic-depot-1.jpg
The Atlantic Depot was built in 1851. It stood on the southwest corner of 9th Street (MLK Blvd.) until the last remaining portion was razed in the 1950s. As you can see it started out as two stories, and remained a two-story throughout its existence.
  • Archaeologist and University of Tennessee-Chattanooga professor Jeff Brown started noticing small clues to the underground world while walking around downtown Chattanooga. He learned from utility workers of doorways leading to nowhere and underground tunnels and rooms. Entire basements of buildings were once first floors, including some obvious storefronts complete with windows. None were marked on maps and no one could tell him why these features were there. He discovered that much of the city had been backfilled, by six feet at 9th Street and up to 20 feet at other places, but very little documentation of this process existed.
  • Because of lack of historical documentation backing up the raising of the city's streets, some suggest that it is just a legend. Some suggest that it was a common practice for the basements in buildings downtown to have stairs leading down from the street. These walk-downs, some complete with handrails leading down towards a basement entrance, existed in downtown Chattanooga at the time. The basements had windows to provide light as well as ventilation. There has been some photo documentation of structures over a span of thirty years that show little or no change. An explanation for the archways in some buildings could be explained by being used as support for the building. Some suggest that the only evidence is that of a normal growing city infrastructure and, no monumental effort to raise the city's streets. After 1925, the use of commercial basements began to fade. Over time parts of the city began to be filled in that fell below grade.
  • During the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, Chattanooga experienced bouts of systematic flooding roughly every decade. The impact of flooding was severe; it affected many of Chattanooga's manufacturers as well as the merchants in the area. Building damage was frequent as well as the interruption of daily life. Chattanooga's commerce was constantly affected by the flooding, After years of suffering through flooding, in March 1867 Chattanooga experienced a record flood following four days of heavy rainfall. The river had risen 53 feet (16 m), which was 15.5 feet higher than a flood twenty years earlier. The rain lasted for four days, bringing the water level in the Tennessee River 28 feet above flood range. The bridge across the river was destroyed, as were many buildings. There was a considerable loss of life and looting took place. Upwards of 4,000 homeless in Chattanooga were ferried out of the flooding city to areas of higher ground.[ During a 64-year span ranging from 1875 to 1938, the Tennessee River had risen above its flood range more than 70 times.
Leavenworth official: The underground city in Leavenworth, Kansas remains a big puzzle. No-one knows who built it and for what reason.

leavenworthundergroundcity_4.jpgleavenworthundergroundcity.jpgleavenworthundergroundcity2.jpgleavenworthundergroundcity3.jpg
  • Underneath the sidewalk of downtown Leavenworth sits a 200-year-old system of tunnels, a component of the town that few know, but is now becoming more open to the public.
  • Very little is known about this mysterious underground city. All we have are speculations. Researcher who examined the place discovered windows, doors and narrow paths beneath a title company at South Fourth and Delaware streets that lead to storefronts stretching several city blocks and perhaps beyond.
  • A lot of people refer to this as the Leavenworth underground. Few seem to know the real origins of this city. Some speculate that businesses just added stories over time as paved roads and new construction standards evolved. Others point to the Underground Railroad.
  • The underground city of Leavenworth is by no means ancient, but it is nevertheless an important piece of history that should not be neglected and forgotten about. Hopefully more research will be conducted to shed more light on this enigmatic and little known place.
Buried Street Levels and the Mud Flood
by CONSPIRACY-R-US

KD: It appears there are way more of these underground cities than we realize. Some of them became a money making machine by providing underground tours. In my home state of Washington we have at least two:
If your city or town was established some time in the 19th century, look for tell tale signs of the Mud Flood. Port Townsend, WA could serve as a good example of what to look for.

Please watch the above video, and share your opinion with the forum members.

If you have any underground cities in your neck of the woods, please post some relevant links. What is the "official story" explaining their existence?

whitewave

Reactions
Pictures are too big to load so here's a link to the picture and an article.
Apparently the immigrating Chinese experienced legal sanctions and discrimination so they adapted and went underground. There's a section of OKC known as the Asian District that's in the area mentioned in the article.

1545019249838.png

CyborgNinja

Reactions
Doesn't Portland have a city wide tunnel system used by the chinese during the turn of the century to gangpress westerners into slavery. Where the term getting "shanghai'd" cones from.

They'd kidnap people and smuggle then through underground tunnel systems to the port where these ppl would be put and board ships bound for china.

The offical story was that the chinese built these tunnels. That never made sense to me. How could they do that undetected. More likely they used these buried streets.
Before Daimler tech subsidiary Moovel moved into its new headquarters in Old Town Chinatown this month, the building's owners blocked up portals to old tunnels in the 125-year-old building's basement.

The passages apparently had connections to Portland's notorious "Shanghai tunnels" - though, after a mention in a story by The Oregonian/OregonLive, historians were quick to point out that they probably were never used for the purpose their name implies

To "Shanghai" a sailor, of course, means to force him into joining a ship's crew - perhaps by giving him too much liquor the night before, then smuggling him aboard a vessel. It's a storied tradition dating back hundreds of years.
The truth about Portland's 'Shanghai tunnels'
July 4, 1866. In one historic night 150 years ago, an intense fire swept across the peninsula and left more than 10,000 people homeless, 1,500 buildings destroyed

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Reactions
(y) great thread!

I had a brainstorm yesterday and started checking old newspapers.

Digitized newspapers 1789-1963

If you just search "flooding" you get, 1,333,002 results containing “flooding ”:eek:

I tried "flooding Chattanooga" just now and so far I've found major flooding in 1886 and 1867.

This is just a small excerpt from one page there is more on the whole page. but, read this.."an aurora borealis is added to this remarkable combination of natural phenomena."
The Eaton Democrat., April 08, 1886, Image 1
image_681x648_from_5,2936_to_1467,4329.jpg

Chattanooga had flooding in 1867 as well.
Marshall County Republican., June 27, 1867, I

And disastrous flooding in Leavenworth reported.
The daily dispatch., March 08, 1867, Image 3

(Yesterday I searched "Tartary" and got over 6,674 hits, 'Tartarian" 4,632.
But don't try Tartar, you get 367,458 hits, and the majority of them are for Cream of Tartar)

Last edited:

trismegistus

Reactions
I used to live in Denton, TX and there are a few curiosities related to mudflood/underground tunnels (not to mention its location on the 33rd parallel).

To add some background to the area, Denton is home to the Region 6 HQ for FEMA. It is kind of an open secret that the site has multiple underground floors, I've confirmed that there are at least 3 underground by someone who works for them, though I would warrant a guess there are quite a few more. In addition, I have gathered from local anecdotes that the construction company who built the FEMA building is owned by a fairly prominent family of Mormons/Freemasons. Interpret that as you will.

So, the official explanation is that Denton is home to several decommissioned military bases, specifically a missile test base. This site is an attempt to document all the various places in the town that still show evidence of this. A lot of this is perfectly in line with the DUMB (Deep Underground Military Base) theory, but there are a few wrinkles that have me wondering if it isn't connected to something bigger.

Here is a map view of a particular bookstore (one of my favorites) in the town. Nothing really jumps out at you, in the way of mudfloods BUT I overheard a very interesting conversation while in there one day.

It goes like this: I was in the basement of the bookstore (this would be the slightly darker purple floor if you are looking at the linked street view) perusing the history section. There was another guy in there that looked like he was looking for something specific, but not a book. It looked like he was trying to find an exit, or something along those lines. There was an employee down there putting away some books who noticed the same thing, the employee asked the man if there was something he could help him find. Below is a summary of the conversation I overheard:

"I noticed that the floor in the basement is made from wood, there isn't any foundation underneath this level. Is there an additional floor under here?"

"Oh yes, there actually is a basement under here but there is nothing there. There isn't even a way to get down there, I think the owners removed the door a while ago"

After stomping around for a few minutes, I realized he was absolutely right. There was another floor underneath the "basement" level of the bookstore. I'd been a frequent patron of the store for years and I had never even paid attention! I was flabbergasted and very intrigued.

This leads me to two conclusions: This is either an old entrance to the rumored "military" tunnels under the city, or evidence of a mudflood burying the first level at some point in history.

Addendum: Recycled Books is housed in the old Wright Opera House, build date is said to have been 1899. That Wiki mentions that they built the thing from the decommissioned court house. What happened to that courthouse, you asked?

This courthouse was a two-story building with a tall central tower; it was the center of heated political debate. A grand jury deemed the building unsafe in August of 1894 but town officials refused to leave the building behind. A month later, however, lightning damaged the building and its bricks were then used to construct the Opera House.
:unsure:

I have to say that spending time looking into this period of time, I can start to predict what happens to these buildings. If they were around in the late 1800s, they were either struck by lightning, set aflame, or encountered some other disaster seemingly without fail.