Mud flood, dirt rain, and the story of the buried buildings

Aply1985

Reactions
These are great pics and show from a distance how far the sand/mud traveled. Do you know when these pics were taken?
From this collection
Detroit Publishing Co 19xx photos. Extra high resalution!
These are great pics and show from a distance how far the sand/mud traveled. Do you know when these pics were taken?
That stairs and wall reminds me Saint Luis Pyramid
Без названия
Рядом с этим местом: Monks Mound Trail, Collinsville, IL 62234, США
38°39'31.6"N 90°03'43.5"W

Screenshot_20190321-085415_Chrome.jpg

From this collection
Detroit Publishing Co 19xx photos. Extra high resalution!

That stairs and wall reminds me Saint Luis Pyramid
Без названия
Рядом с этим местом: Monks Mound Trail, Collinsville, IL 62234, США
38°39'31.6"N 90°03'43.5"W

Screenshot_20190321-085415_Chrome.jpg
New York Sugar House.
FB_IMG_1553253115021.jpg

Last edited:

Flame

Reactions
First of all, greetings everyone. New member from Australia here. Loving this site so far. So many interesting questions and theories to ponder over that make far more sense to me than anything suggested by mainstream historians.

As far as people forgetting: On my dad's side, I knew my grandmother and a step-grandfather. My grandfather died when my dad was 13. I knew my great grandmother (Dad's grandma) who emigrated from Germany in the early 1900s to Idaho. She died when I was 10. I know nothing else about her, my great grandfather, etc. I knew both of my paternal great grandparents but not a thing really about them except he was a sheep farmer and they had thirteen kids. They died before I was a teenager. They never talked about their past.... BUT...

On my dad's maternal side, they have a long family genealogy, that was put together, wait for it.... by the MORMON CHURCH. It was a book the family paid to have done back in the 1970s. It is about five inches thick. Don't believe the Masonic Mormon church really cares about my family's genealogy, I think the family had to pay a couple hundred bucks for a each copy. It had names and pictures of our supposed ancestors

On my mothers side, I know her parents and that is it. They both died in their 80s but again the information is scant, I know my grandpa's father emigrated from Germany to Montana in the late 1800s. And that my grandmothers family was from Ireland. Again, even my grandparents didn't really talk about their past.

So in my family, I can't even go back four generations. My family just appeared in the inter-mountain west in the late 1800s and early 1900s from England, Ireland and Germany. And I'm not alone, I know a lot of people are like me with handful of photos and little else.
Yep, I have the similar issues with my dad's side of the family.

We know virtually nothing about my grandfathers' origins. About the only things we can say for sure is that he was born somewhere in Europe during the late 1910's, was adopted by a British family and brought down to Australia with them when they immigrated here in the 1920's. We have no idea of his original nationality although we have hints that he might have come from somewhere in Northern European/Scandanavia (more on that shortly). Given the time period he was born in, we think he was probably a war orphan.

I personally never really knew my grandfather or my grandmother. I met them both only twice before they died, can't even remember them.

After my grandfather died in the late 90's, both my dad and his older sister (now also deceased) went through a period of soul searching. During this time they also spent considerable effort trying to find out where my grandfather had come from. If my grandfather was ever aware of any details surrounding his own origins prior to adoption he never recorded them in any manner or ever discussed them with either of his two children. If my grandmother knew anything she never mentioned it either.

After finding nothing from my grandfather's own records, the only other leads my dad and aunt had remaining were a few surviving close relatives of the man who was my adoptive great grandfather, all of whom would certainly have been aware of at least some of the details surrounding the original adoption. However, when my dad and my aunt sought them out for information about my grandfather, they received a surprisingly closed and hostile response from all of them. Most of those relatives refused to say anything on the matter.

The one and only relative who did give up any sort of information at all on the subject provided some extremely vague hints to my aunt that my grandfather may have come from somewhere in the Northern Europe/Scandanavian region, but refused to answer any other questions.
As a side note, a few years after this my dad did go take a DNA test and they told him the results did indicate he had many genetic traits common to those from the Scandinavian region. (Although that being said I'm extremely skeptical about the legitimacy of many of these ancestry/DNA tests).

All of those other relatives have since passed away and have taken whatever knowledge they had on the matter to the grave, which means we'll never know the truth now.
That whole side of our family history is now completely lost to us.

On a final note, just thinking about how my grandfather was probably a war orphan and grew up without his connections to the past as a result of the war, I can only begin to imagine just how many others must have been in the same situation back in those days, and again in World War 2. There would likely have been hundreds of thousands, if not millions of kids who had their connections the past completely severed during those times, with no idea of who they really were.

Proves that so much knowledge and connection can be lost with disruption to just one generation. And the thought that there are evil people out there who could, and indeed probably have weaponized this factor gives me disturbing chills to no end.

Red Bird

Reactions
First of all, greetings everyone. New member from Australia here. Loving this site so far. So many interesting questions and theories to ponder over that make far more sense to me than anything suggested by mainstream historians.

Yep, I have the similar issues with my dad's side of the family.

We know virtually nothing about my grandfathers' origins. About the only things we can say for sure is that he was born somewhere in Europe during the late 1910's, was adopted by a British family and brought down to Australia with them when they immigrated here in the 1920's. We have no idea of his original nationality although we have hints that he might have come from somewhere in Northern European/Scandanavia (more on that shortly). Given the time period he was born in, we think he was probably a war orphan.

I personally never really knew my grandfather or my grandmother. I met them both only twice before they died, can't even remember them.

After my grandfather died in the late 90's, both my dad and his older sister (now also deceased) went through a period of soul searching. During this time they also spent considerable effort trying to find out where my grandfather had come from. If my grandfather was ever aware of any details surrounding his own origins prior to adoption he never recorded them in any manner or ever discussed them with either of his two children. If my grandmother knew anything she never mentioned it either.

After finding nothing from my grandfather's own records, the only other leads my dad and aunt had remaining were a few surviving close relatives of the man who was my adoptive great grandfather, all of whom would certainly have been aware of at least some of the details surrounding the original adoption. However, when my dad and my aunt sought them out for information about my grandfather, they received a surprisingly closed and hostile response from all of them. Most of those relatives refused to say anything on the matter.

The one and only relative who did give up any sort of information at all on the subject provided some extremely vague hints to my aunt that my grandfather may have come from somewhere in the Northern Europe/Scandanavian region, but refused to answer any other questions.
As a side note, a few years after this my dad did go take a DNA test and they told him the results did indicate he had many genetic traits common to those from the Scandinavian region. (Although that being said I'm extremely skeptical about the legitimacy of many of these ancestry/DNA tests).

All of those other relatives have since passed away and have taken whatever knowledge they had on the matter to the grave, which means we'll never know the truth now.
That whole side of our family history is now completely lost to us.

On a final note, just thinking about how my grandfather was probably a war orphan and grew up without his connections to the past as a result of the war, I can only begin to imagine just how many others must have been in the same situation back in those days, and again in World War 2. There would likely have been hundreds of thousands, if not millions of kids who had their connections the past completely severed during those times, with no idea of who they really were.

Proves that so much knowledge and connection can be lost with disruption to just one generation. And the thought that there are evil people out there who could, and indeed probably have weaponized this factor gives me disturbing chills to no end.
My paternal grandfather was orphaned as a baby in the San Francisco earthquake and adopted by a family with a German last name who ended up living around nw Washington state. Besides not knowing/hearing much else (in a family that talked about this stuff) my mom said somebody told them something vague about his Norwegian ancestry. Interesting.

tupperaware

Reactions
Apparently, there is this theory in Russia, that Peter the Great was not the founder of Saint Petersburg. He did not build it, he dug it out. Yes, you heard it right. Supposedly, a whole lot of dirt was removed, and from beneath emerged the city. This is clearly not an official version. Yet, there are some reasons for this theory to exist, especially after looking at the engravings done by Giovanni Battista Piranesi.

Piranesi was creating his immortal art in the 18th century. The buildings I wanted to talk about, for the most part were constructed in the 19th. Yet, these building have clearly accumulated quite a few feet of the so-called "cultural layer". Some might say that those buildings settled down with time. The other explanation would be that these buildings were built this way.

For better visualization of what I'm talking about, let us take a look at the image below.

Basically what we have is a building, with the bottom floor windows looking different from the windows above. These windows in question are either entirely, or partially below the ground level. Here are a few buildings demonstrating this trait.

Additional variations may include the below.

Let us contemplate some of the official explanations:
  • Cultural Layer version
Byproduct of human life cycle it is, so to speak. In other words, with time, we produce elements (dirt, trash, horse dodo ) raising the surface level. Archaeological science estimates this accumulation to be just under 1/2 inches every 100 years. It adds up to about 50 inches every 100 years.
So what they are saying is that your house is getting buried in dirt and crap, and instead of sweeping the dirt away, you wait till it entirely buries the first floor. Then you use one of the second floor windows and make yourself a new door, because the actual one is 6 feet under. I do not know about you, but I do not buy it. There are plenty of city photos showing these very same buildings at the exact same level 100 ears ago.
  • Settle down version
My understanding is that with time a building could to sink into ground due to, for example, vibration, or ground density. I had a little retaining wall in my back yard. Did not do it right the first time, and it settled down, alright. Never took a picture, but was able to find an example. It sure did not settle down leveled.

Now let us see if a building that long can settle down perfectly leveled in relation to its original position.

Not buying this explanation either. If some building was built on the soft dirt, and settled down, it would be obvious. Also, these "settle down" instances, would not be epidemic, but rather sporadic limited to a few specific locations. Yet, we have this "buried" buildings in just about every country of the world. And giving builders some credit, they would probably figure out how to handle the issue of unsettled, or soft dirt.
  • Buildings were built this way version
Well, there might be a design of a building with first floor windows looking at the dirt wall, but there has to be a mighty special reason to design in such a peculiar way. Also, the results of some excavations I show below, demonstrate that there is no way those building were designed "that way". So, I am not buying this one either.

Here, a gentleman has to do some acrobatics to enter the building.
A very common issue they have in Denmark, I've heard.

View attachment 779View attachment 780View attachment 781
Now let us look at some of the buildings freed from multiple feet of dirt. The below images are primarily from Russia, but doubt the results would be any different for any other country.

In the above images we can clearly see doors cut out above actual excavated doors. Which means there was another door before, but for whatever reason it ended up 10 feet below the ground level.

Just below you can see two pictures of the Russian Winter Palace located in Saint Petersburg. On the 18th century engraving you can see what it looked like when the engraving was done. And right below it, is what Winter Palace looks like today. 1/3 of this structure is currently located under the ground level. Guess how many history professors can tell you why. Actually all of them, probably. It is 20 feet of accumulated "cultural layer", I bet.

The problem we have pertains to the age of these buildings. They are not that old. Supposedly they were built in the 19th century, with some even in the 20th. Occasionally we have 18th and 17th. Yet, the history does not provide any specific account for an event of such magnitude. I know I was not taught of anything which could have caused this in the 19th century.

This issue is not Russia specific. It is very common in Europe. I'm pretty sure people people in London are very familiar with the type of sunk buildings I'm talking about. But it also exists in the United States, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, countries of South Africa, and South America. These buried buildings are all over the place (will update with various countries pictures later).

USA. Below is Seattle. One photo is Pioneer square, and the other
one is not far from the University of Washington.

View attachment 797View attachment 798

Spain

View attachment 816View attachment 817View attachment 818

England

View attachment 812View attachment 819

Denmark

View attachment 813View attachment 815View attachment 814

Czech Republic

View attachment 820View attachment 821

This list could go on and on. Yet we know nothing of what might have caused it. This is a lot of dirt to arrive unnoticed. Do you know where it came from? I might have an idea, but in reality I do not now.

Attachment: The great Dust Fall 1902-03, courtesy of @wizz33
Here is a minor catastrophism theory for slow and easy mud flooding I put together with some brief searching on the deep underground water reservoirs locked up in a mineral called ringwoodite which could be holding onto 3 times the total of all surface water - discovered around 2014. Later, scientists have studied water absorbed in deep underwater trenches like the Mariana trench. Of course academic speculation has not combined the two yet in published papers. That's why we have this forum.

Earth may have underground 'ocean' three times that on surface

"So where does all that water end up? It's commonly believed that most of it is ejected back to the surface through volcanic eruptions, sometimes hundreds of miles away. But, the team says the new findings suggest that far more water is going in than is coming out, which may prompt a closer look at our understanding of the global water cycle. "
Earth is "drinking" more seawater through the Mariana Trench than previously thought

So if mega oceans worth of water are deep underground locked up in a hydrous mineral and far more water is going in that reservoir than coming out AND the Earth's ocean level has been stable +/- say 400 feet for say 100 million years or more (image below) then...

then possibly every so often there are events which release the water in the ringwoodite water reserve where it erupts over large areas of the continents - producing mud floods. It could be this release is slow and gradual but the mechanism is periodic, say every 1,000 years or so. These eruptions might contain a lot of sediment and would of course need to move slow enough not to damage buildings and probably ebb and flow over say 20 years producing say 6 inches of dried sediment at a time which would be considered just a nuisance.

Science creationists have a mega catastrophe theory called the hydroplate theory that took place around 5000 years ago which would have produced a billion times more mud flooding and also mountain building but I will just say not very likely. Its hard to imagine how Noah would have survived that catastrophe.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
No clue what the guy is saying, but this video requires no commentary. For the mud flood type of event deniers.

Casimir

Reactions
@tupperaware that theory may be one of my favorite things I've seen on the site to date. A giant, unaccounted for ocean under the crust almost seamlessly fits into many of the questioned asked here.

Very interesting about the stability of the water level over time, what a HUGE and complex system running underneath our feet. This theory reminds me how there's supposedly a tiny habitable zone for Earth in the solar system. For earth to have these immense water systems (weather, pressure, appropriate water levels, 3/4 of the ocean is hundreds of miles beneath the crust), as landlubbers, it's like we are in a habitable zone in the solar system in a tiny habitable zone on our planet. All these inner earth theories, astronauts in space/water, weirdly can follow this line of thinking.

CitizenShip

Reactions
@tupperaware that theory may be one of my favorite things I've seen on the site to date. A giant, unaccounted for ocean under the crust almost seamlessly fits into many of the questioned asked here.

Very interesting about the stability of the water level over time, what a HUGE and complex system running underneath our feet. This theory reminds me how there's supposedly a tiny habitable zone for Earth in the solar system. For earth to have these immense water systems (weather, pressure, appropriate water levels, 3/4 of the ocean is hundreds of miles beneath the crust), as landlubbers, it's like we are in a habitable zone in the solar system in a tiny habitable zone on our planet. All these inner earth theories, astronauts in space/water, weirdly can follow this line of thinking.
It even has a name, the goldilocks zone!

Red Bird

Reactions