Movie: The Forgotten (2004)

Maxine

Reactions
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Forgotten (2004)

Tagline: You'll Never Forget The Ones You Love

Genre: Crime, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Joseph Ruben

Cast: Julianne Moore, Anthony Edwards, Jessica Hecht, Christopher Kovaleski, Dominic West, Tim Kang, Gary Sinise, Lee Tergesen, Robert Wisdom, Kathryn Faughnan, Alfre Woodard, Susan Misner

Release: 2004-09-24

Runtime: 91

Plot: Telly Paretta is a grieving mother struggling to cope with the loss of her 8-year-old son. She is stunned when her psychiatrist reveals that she has created eight years of memories about a son she never had. But when she meets a man who has had a similar experience, Telly embarks on a search to prove her son's existence, and her sanity.

whitewave

Reactions
This was a disturbing and unsettling movie but I just couldn't stop watching it. The ones jackin' with her memories were really only one step away from completely erasing every last little bit of her parenting memories. If it had ended with total loss it would have just been a disturbing and unsettling movie instead of a dark but fascinating one.

I've been trying to pinpoint the first time I experienced an M.E. They seemed to have started off with minor, insignificant things you just brush off and don't really attribute to anything sinister because they're just not a big deal to start with. I remember well Billy Graham's death. My distraught oldest daughter and I watched all day announcements of it on tv. I think she cracked a little when I told her about 1.5 years ago that he was apparently alive again. Not everybody can handle things like that so I mostly just keep it to myself unless somebody else brings it up.

There seems to be a theme with movies like that which is one of the few reasons I watch any tv at all. I think that TPTB have some sort of policy where they have to alert you to their plans and if you can't stop them even with foreknowledge then you probably deserve what's coming. At least that's what I believe they think/do. Which is why I was slightly alarmed by all the zombie movies and world-ending, civilization-collapsing killer virus movies that have been popular of late. It didn't help that the CDC thought it would be hilarious to post instructions on their official web page about how to handle a zombie virus at the same time that the bath salts epidemic was causing users to actually start eating people. They had to take their "warning" down (after the internet went insane over it) but I still wonder if it was just in bad taste or if it was an actual warning, however brief.

One thing that struck me about the movie The Forgotten was a remembered bible verse. "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matt. 10:28)
[hell being the equivalent of burial/death, not an eternal torture chamber]
Who are we without our memories?

codis

Reactions
I've seen the movie, and the plot reminds me somehow of "Gaslight" (from 1940). At least from the plot description, I have downloaded Gaslight, but not watched it yet. Supposedly the root of the expression "gaslighting".

There seems to be a theme with movies like that which is one of the few reasons I watch any tv at all. I think that TPTB have some sort of policy where they have to alert you to their plans and if you can't stop them even with foreknowledge then you probably deserve what's coming.
I agree. Perhaps they mock us, and enjoy us blundering about in the dark, searching for clues.

Which is why I was slightly alarmed by all the zombie movies and world-ending, civilization-collapsing killer virus movies that have been popular of late. It didn't help that the CDC thought it would be hilarious to post instructions on their official web page about how to handle a zombie virus at the same time that the bath salts epidemic was causing users to actually start eating people.
I recently had a hunch that the ongoing push for veganism has to do with it. This quasi-religious cult with an attached diet will quickly exhaust the body's resources and put you into starvation mode. Just look closely at the long-term vegan YT pushers. One "side effect" is the EPA/DHA deficiency, fatty acids crucially important for the brain. Plant-based "precursors" and supplements just don't cut it, regardless of any claim to the contrary. Deficiencies manifest as brain fog, migraine, memory loss, paranoia, depression, drop in IQ, and other Alzheimer symptoms. All the while, the poor vegan is craving for meat ...
On the other hand, the vegan agenda is pushed by billion-dollar philantropists like the Gates Foundation, Tyson Food, or Saudi prince Khaled bin Alwaleed bin Talal, citing sustainability (most probably referring to the Georgia Guidestone interpretation...).
I think think the zombification is ongoing, right before our eyes.

Red Bird

Reactions
Also like Targeted Individuals. See the links below. I keep mentioning this because I am pretty convinced it’s going on. We all need to at least be familiar with the concept in case someone we know, or ourselves, start having weird things happen. Heaven forbid. It’s horrifying. The technology is there.
Also these people are extremely motivated to actually change the way things are and plan. It’s life and death. There are starting to be quite a few mainline news stories featuring this and the gang stalking which goes with it.

Ella F
Many individual stories so you can hear what it is.

I like the following

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database