KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The 5th Wave (2016)

Tagline: Protect Your Own

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: J Blakeson

Cast: Chloë Grace Moretz, Nick Robinson, Alex Roe, Maika Monroe, Zackary Arthur, Liev Schreiber, Maria Bello, Maggie Siff, Ron Livingston, Talitha Bateman, Tony Revolori, Cade Canon Ball, Flynn McHugh, Alex MacNicoll, Nadji Jeter, Gabriela Lopez, Bailey Anne Borders, Parker Wierling, Terry Serpico, Charmin Lee, Michael Beasley, Matthew Zuk, David Maldonado, Paul Ryden, E. Roger Mitchell, Derek Roberts, Geoffrey Kennedy, Devin McGee, Adora Dei, Kevin L. Johnson, Courtney Munch, Kendrick Cross, Chelsea Hayes, Olivia Cloer, Kelly Róisín

Release: 2016-01-14

Runtime: 112

Plot: 16-year-old Cassie Sullivan tries to survive in a world devastated by the waves of an alien invasion that has already decimated the population and knocked mankind back to the Stone Age.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Ended up watching this movie with my wife. Special effects were so-so, but the contents are rather interesting. Getting attacked by the so-called "aliens" who chose to use the EMP followed by a world wide tsunami.

Did anyone else have a chance to watch it? Any opinions?

whitewave

Reactions
Have not seen (or even heard of) it but post-apocalyptic and aliens? It's now on my to-do list. :)

Plissken

Reactions
I actually watched this twice. My husband and I love sci-fi and dystopian movies so we watch them all, even the ones that could be on MST3000.

Sounds like a game plan we have seen before and will again in the future

1st wave - electromagnetic pulse
2nd wave - Manipulate the planet's geology and fault lines to produce mega-tsunamis and earthquakes to take out coastal populations and islands.
3rd wave - biological warfare - in this case a manipulated strain of avian flu.
4th wave - Aliens (TPTB) show up to help survivors, separate kids from parents and then kill all the parents. blame the killings on those pesky aliens.
5th wave - Brain wash the children and have them help kill of the remnants of undesirables and rebuild a new society.

Maybe the 4th and 5th wave explains all of the poor houses,orphan trains and the empty cities.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database