Movie: Serenity (2019)

Onthebit

Reactions
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Serenity (2019)

Tagline: On Plymouth Island, no one ever dies… unless you break the rules

Genre: Thriller, Drama

Director: Steven Knight

Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Diane Lane, Jason Clarke, Jeremy Strong, Djimon Hounsou, Robert Hobbs, Kenneth Fok, Rafael Sayegh

Release: 2019-01-24

Runtime: 106

Plot: Baker Dill is a fishing boat captain leading tours off a tranquil, tropical enclave called Plymouth Island. His quiet life is shattered, however, when his ex-wife Karen tracks him down with a desperate plea for help.

Searching

Reactions
I've been drawn to see this movie for some reason. I saw an interview in which Matthew said the island they shot on has only been inhabited for 400 years. The interviewer asked him what was on the island before that................

I had to look up a spoiler review for the movie. My suspicions were correct.

OP
Onthebit

Onthebit

Reactions
oh yes indeed it has a lot of clues or .................

Searching

Reactions
Holy shit. Just watched the whole movie. The reason it had bad reviews is because society lives so far from the truth that when it is shown to them, they scoff and dismiss it as idiocy.

The black cat - reminiscent of the black cat in the matrix, symbolic of a reset and multiple lives.

It is not a child writing computer code or advanced aliens or artificial intelligence that have created this world and the characters in it; those are answers we are allowed to come up with in this realm, so the truth must be way more un-effing-believable.

Nonetheless, we reside in a game. Dill or John (the 2 identities show he is on at least his second life), cannot leave his tiny island of Plymouth anymore than we can leave. It matters not what shape our prison takes. What is noteworthy is that flat or globe or island surrounded by water, they all have one thing in common. We cannot escape.

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Updated the trailer with the working video. Things just keep on disappearing.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database