Movie: Is Genesis History? (2017)

Timeshifter

Reactions
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Is Genesis History? (2017)

Tagline: "Nothing in the world makes sense except in the light of Genesis." -Dr. Del Tackett

Genre: Documentary

Director: Thomas Purifoy

Cast: Del Tackett

Release: 2017-02-23

Runtime: 100

Plot: Is Genesis History? is a fascinating new look at the biblical, historical, and scientific evidence for Creation and the Flood. Learn from more than a dozen scientists and scholars as they explore the world around us in light of Genesis. Dr. Del Tackett, creator of "The Truth Project," hikes through canyons, climbs up mountains, and dives below the sea in an exploration of two competing views... one compelling truth.

OP
Timeshifter

Timeshifter

Reactions
Is Genesis history?

I am not religious, this post is not about religion or creationist thinking. Iam not seeking a relious or scientific belief debate here.

I am currently watching this documentary to aid my research in to posibilities of our history.

In the opening sequence, Del Tacket explains how the ground he is standing on (Hills, streams, lakes, gorges, plants and wildlife) was completely different as recently as 1980. He says it was a huge forrest which is now 150ft below ground.

20190412_102723.jpg

mount st helen before and after.jpg

1980_Mount_st_helens_ash_distribution.svg.png

The whole landscape which is now earily similar to places like the grand canyon was completely shaped following the eruption of Mt St Helens. Specifically a few years after the main eruption which caused a mud flow which cut through and reshaped the landscape within a couple of days....

Reid_Blackburn's_car_after_May_18,_1980_St._Helens_eruption.jpg
Photographer Reid Blackburn's car after the eruption

You can read much about the power of this eruption all over the web. But we have tidle waves and over 100mph mud flows...

The doc continues to point out these same landscapes world wide.

If we think of this Mount Helens event on a world wide scale, it is not much of a stretch to suggest the mud flud and its obvious indicators we see.

Whatever caused the world wide cataclism, I would suggest happened quickly and recently (Nothing new to this forum)

If we know and can accept this event happened 39 years ago and is clearly documented in the mainstream, how hard can it be to accept a world wide event mud flood?

Last edited:

jd755

Reactions
Interesting. So 2-5 inches of fallout from a volcano that blew the top off a mountain and either liquefied its covering or spewed fresh mud from within at a speed of 100mph down its remains ([British sarcasm alert] wonder who stuck around to measure that bugger! ) to leave behind 150 feet high piles of mud ([sarcasm again] I guess the rock capping must have been the ash cloud/fall out) and a still massive but broken mountain as physical evidence of an explosion. The question is where are all the broken mountains in mud flooded areas of the earth?
Russia must be full of them.
I should just mention that the outline of the foreground hill in those pictures looks identical save for the obvious lack of trees in the 'after' photograph.

Red Bird

Reactions
Kind of an aside but here’s my Mt St. Helens story. I was backpacking in the mountains, two states away. The evening before we were setting up camp and my partner stated he was getting really weird feelings, which were instantly contagious, so we just scooped up everything and moved. We thought a grizzly bear was perhaps scoping us out or we were too close to some kill there. Your instincts are heightened when you are possible prey. The next evening we headed back to our college town and there was this strange fog only it wasn’t fog and was getting worse. The only thing we could speculate was the bomb had finally hit somewhere (no iPhones/internet!!). Very sobering.
We stopped at the first place to ask and learned it was the volcano. My memories after that were purely selfish as they were going to cancel finals and I was about to graduate finally. They didn’t and it was a mess.

esgee1

Reactions
I actually visited Mount St. Helens in the 1990s. It was a big deal when I was younger. The geography of the area did change after the eruption and the resulting pyroclastic flow displaced a lot of the forest and raised the surface elevation and layout of Spirit Lake.

What I remember most was reading about Harry R. Truman who owned Mount St. Helens Lodge at Spirit Lake. He was well known in the media at the time as the man who didn't evacuate. (He was quite a character and did various interviews prior to the eruption.) His lodge, his cats and his final resting place are now under many many feet of pyroclastic flow.

The video below is about Harry R. Truman (yes he had a similar name as that US President) in the days prior to the eruption. The end of the video shows a recreation of what it might have been like for him when the pyroclastic flow hit his location:

Future archaeologists will one day dig up the remnants of his lodge and ponder over all the artifacts.

Last edited:

whitewave

Reactions
Is Genesis history?
I am not religious, this post is not about religion or creationist thinking. I am not seeking a religious or scientific belief debate here.
Much of the bible is being proven true. Christian source "Judea was known as one of the centers of glass manufacturing in the Roman world. Archaeologists excavated the remains of a glass production facility at the foot of Mt. Carmel, near Haifa, when it was discovered by workers of the Jezreel Valley Railroad Project." (2016)
"Excavators of Tell es-Safi (the Philistine city of Gath) have made many discoveries over 20 years of excavations, but in 2015 they found the monumental gate of Gath from the time of Goliath (its most famous resident)." (2015)
more finds. **** even more finds.**** Sodom and Gomorrah discovered.****cities of Megiddo, Hazor, and Gezer unearthed. Lots of cities buried by time (or mud floods), or volcanic ash, or God's wrath. Take your pick.
There are scores of such examples from MSM too. I'd provide more of them but my internet is a fair-weather friend and it's raining right now so I'm having trouble getting it to work.
Someone on this site suggested once that the bible was called "the good book" because they recognized that it contained the true histories while all the rest of history was being altered in their time, which I thought was an interesting viewpoint.
"The same thing which is now called Christian Religion existed among the Ancients. They have begun to call Christian the true religion which existed before."—St. Augustine.

Last edited:

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Comparing the Bible to the myths of other religions, and knowing what I now know about history, it seems like the writers of Genesis (and parts of some other books, as well) were trying to convey highly advanced ideas in a language that was no longer adequate for the job. They were passing on stories that they had learned from their ancestors but, lacking an understanding of the concepts, since so much time had passed, they did the best they could with the understanding they possessed. It would be like one of those "previously uncontacted tribes" that we occasionally read about trying to explain things like fighter jets, nuclear war, and computer technology using their own language. This is the feeling I get now when reading Genesis.

For example, as with other myths, we have a few people surviving a catastrophe and saving some animals in some sort of vessel. An ark was simply a large box for storing sacred objects. Here, though, it became translated into a huge boat that could ride out the waters of a flood, with animals and people inside of it. Maybe originally it was some kind of technology, a means of preserving, not actual animals, but their frozen embryos, which would then later be grown in a laboratory. Maybe it was not an ark, but a building that was waterproofed and could survive a flood. Whatever it was, a literal boat full of animals just doesn't seem logical when taken literally.

When we read of the creation story, are we really reading of a re-creation? It seems that floods of water and mud have been common all through history, so we may be reading about one of many earth-encompassing catastrophes, after which humanity had to start all over again from scratch. I think Plato wrote about that very thing, in his "Timaeus and Critias," where he has one of the characters saying to Solon that there have been numerous catastrophes on the Earth, and after each one, humanity must begin again like children to relearn everything they lost. Genesis may be describing one of the worst of the disasters, one which nearly annihilated humans from the face of the Earth.

whitewave

Reactions
Genesis isn't just about the original creation; that was summed up succinctly in Genesis 1:1-"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Period. If I did something that marvelous, I'd have more to say about it but all we get is that. The rest of Genesis first chapter is about what happened to that creation and how it was fixed. When Adam and Eve are told to REplenish the earth, it wasn't just to populate the earth but basically to RE-populate or replenish the earth.

I've also considered that Noah's ark could very well have been a seed bank of sorts and carrying embryos but you'd still need wombs to house them so there had to be some live animals involved.

Mabzynn

Reactions
Genesis isn't just about the original creation; that was summed up succinctly in Genesis 1:1-"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Period. If I did something that marvelous, I'd have more to say about it but all we get is that. The rest of Genesis first chapter is about what happened to that creation and how it was fixed. When Adam and Eve are told to REplenish the earth, it wasn't just to populate the earth but basically to RE-populate or replenish the earth.

I've also considered that Noah's ark could very well have been a seed bank of sorts and carrying embryos but you'd still need wombs to house them so there had to be some live animals involved.
Or just a whole bunch of equipment

BStankman

Reactions
Comparing the Bible to the myths of other religions, and knowing what I now know about history, it seems like the writers of Genesis (and parts of some other books, as well) were trying to convey highly advanced ideas in a language that was no longer adequate for the job. They were passing on stories that they had learned from their ancestors but, lacking an understanding of the concepts, since so much time had passed, they did the best they could with the understanding they possessed. It would be like one of those "previously uncontacted tribes" that we occasionally read about trying to explain things like fighter jets, nuclear war, and computer technology using their own language. This is the feeling I get now when reading Genesis.

For example, as with other myths, we have a few people surviving a catastrophe and saving some animals in some sort of vessel. An ark was simply a large box for storing sacred objects. Here, though, it became translated into a huge boat that could ride out the waters of a flood, with animals and people inside of it. Maybe originally it was some kind of technology, a means of preserving, not actual animals, but their frozen embryos, which would then later be grown in a laboratory. Maybe it was not an ark, but a building that was waterproofed and could survive a flood. Whatever it was, a literal boat full of animals just doesn't seem logical when taken literally.

When we read of the creation story, are we really reading of a re-creation? It seems that floods of water and mud have been common all through history, so we may be reading about one of many earth-encompassing catastrophes, after which humanity had to start all over again from scratch. I think Plato wrote about that very thing, in his "Timaeus and Critias," where he has one of the characters saying to Solon that there have been numerous catastrophes on the Earth, and after each one, humanity must begin again like children to relearn everything they lost. Genesis may be describing one of the worst of the disasters, one which nearly annihilated humans from the face of the Earth.

I agree with you completely.
Not only have we proven over and over that these fairy tales are based on actual history,
Sodom and Gomorrah are at the bottom of the Dead Sea

As we rediscover technological advances that approach prediluvian levels, the stories can reinterpreted in new ways that make more sense.
The modern version of your Ark is right here.

vault.jpg
I think we would probably find the same thing in the Hindoo Vedas, if they had left anyone alive that could properly translate them.

Someone on this site suggested once that the bible was called "the good book" because they recognized that it contained the true histories while all the rest of history was being altered in their time, which I thought was an interesting viewpoint.
Whoever said that is very astute. ;)

Lately I have been contemplating if the prediluvian civilization of the watchers or the fallen ones, and if their demonization is one of those alterations. It is a slippery slope, but their association with Lucifer may not be what we are told.

The watchers are referenced as "those who are awake", "a holy one come down from heaven"
It seems to me they are describing the non NPC group of the population that appear to have a soul.
Related to today, they seem to be the opposite of those that have "befouled the earth with their deeds"

Red Bird

Reactions

I agree with you completely.
Not only have we proven over and over that these fairy tales are based on actual history,
Sodom and Gomorrah are at the bottom of the Dead Sea

As we rediscover technological advances that approach prediluvian levels, the stories can reinterpreted in new ways that make more sense.
The modern version of your Ark is right here.

I think we would probably find the same thing in the Hindoo Vedas, if they had left anyone alive that could properly translate them.

Whoever said that is very astute. ;)

Lately I have been contemplating if the prediluvian civilization of the watchers or the fallen ones, and if their demonization is one of those alterations. It is a slippery slope, but their association with Lucifer may not be what we are told.

The watchers are referenced as "those who are awake", "a holy one come down from heaven"
It seems to me they are describing the non NPC group of the population that appear to have a soul.
Related to today, they seem to be the opposite of those that have "befouled the earth with their deeds"
Those who have gnowledge, light, are enlightened, principalities of the air...

Andromeda

Reactions
I figured they had to be working on something like that. There's a genetic war going on and the "Y" chromosome is losing. Badly.
Could you enlighten me about the "Y" and "X" chromosomes in this on-going genetic war? I'm not very well educated on chromosomes.

Please? :)

whitewave

Reactions
Could you enlighten me about the "Y" and "X" chromosomes in this on-going genetic war? I'm not very well educated on chromosomes.

Please? :)
Don't want to derail the thread so sent a PM.
I think there's just a straight up genetic war going on. All the hybrid images found in history make a lot more sense:

Ancient Aliens had a 4 hour episode on that very thing. (At least I think it was 4 hours. I fell asleep for 2 hours after digging up half the yard weeds but it was still on when I woke up.) I was awake for the first part about our genetic "evolution" and how there are some genes we have that no other mammal has. Fell asleep when they started talking about aliens/Annunaki. :)

It does look like our genetic make-up has been tampered with because we have examples of earlier hominids (supposedly) that lack some of those genes then we got an upgrade. They were saying that Adam and Eve were the most current iteration of the new model that could think/reason, speak, walk upright, use tools, etc. We got the full options package (except for longevity). Apparently, we're not waiting for the aliens to come back and give us another upgrade to include longevity; we're learning to fix short life spans ourselves.

They also mentioned that the resets occurred whenever we got a new upgrade, wiping out all the old models. Could be, but the bible has that stipulation that we're not to breed outside our race which would only make sense from a scientific experiment point of view. You want to control as many variables as you can keeping each "strain" pure. If that's the case, we totally screwed up their experiment. LOL.

Last edited:

ripvanwillie

Reactions
I think there's just a straight up genetic war going on. All the hybrid images found in history make a lot more sense:

A repeat of history? We may be half chimp and half pig. Check out this work by Dr. McCarthy called the hybrid hypothesis. He is an expert on avian hybridization. There used to be an excellent video on this, but of course, youtube removed it.
The Hybrid Hypothesis: Introduction

Red Bird

Reactions
Dang. I’m going to have to build up to watching that video even though I believe this is going now.

wild heretic

Reactions
A repeat of history? We may be half chimp and half pig. Check out this work by Dr. McCarthy called the hybrid hypothesis. He is an expert on avian hybridization. There used to be an excellent video on this, but of course, youtube removed it.
The Hybrid Hypothesis: Introduction

I've been meaning to expand on an idea that came to me recently and here is a good place to put it.

The pig/chimp theory is such a good one, but scientists fail in their interpretation due to their indoctrination I think (as always).

The arguments against are all due to their assuming Darwinian evolution is a fact. A major world-view failing there, yet again.

However, the pig/chimp theory seems to go against religion theory too with man created in the elohims' image.

I have an idea that could tie the two together. I posted on my forum about a PS4 game called Horizon Zero Dawn. This game is super polished and the story line so deep and provocative I think it is perhaps telling us a truth through a computer game. It is basically set 1000 years in the future I think and our world from 2066 is their ancient world which died completely in a wipe-out extinction event. They don't recognize the ruined and half petrified buildings which are now mostly underground in "cave systems".

An artificial intelligence called Gaia was made in preparation for this event and after the cataclysm, started to reseed the earth and humanity by growing a very small number of them in pods like we've seen above. The holograms in these facilities, now under the earth, taught the children basic knowledge. It couldn't teach them all the advancements of the previous age due to a system failure (part of the story I won't go into here). So when the food ran out the children were released into the new earth to look after themselves. They then formed primitive tribal societies.

One of the main characters is the voice of the black fellow who played the Colonel in the TV series Fringe (which I think is another reveal).

Anyway, the Hades program was designed to come online at the end of the new cycle to kill everything so yet another age can come about, but it was activated way too early and tried to kill everything, giving our protagonist something to fight.

Now, how it could tie into the pig/chimp theory is what if "the father" of creation, Yahuah (Yah-hoo-ah, not God or "Gadre-el" more commonly known as Satan) or a subsequent artificial intelligence didn't have the original material to build an original human being. It had the blueprint, but not the material due to the wipe-out. It knew that a chimp (or more likely Bigfoot) and a pig could be mashed together with a bit of splicing here and there to make an original human blueprint. Not 100% accurate obviously, but close enough.

This is why we have hair on our bodies for example (which I think the original human didn't have), and animal tendencies. It could also be the reason for the supernatural intervention which created the religions to put us on a human path of civilization and not a retrograde degenerate one of the animal kingdom. Not all races are the same either. I think there is a higher likelihood of the black African race reverting back to the animal genes than other races.

This independent documentary below on Liberia is the best I have ever seen on Africa (although not all of Africa is the same). It truly gave me hope. I honestly thought Africa would be trapped here forever, never ever graduating, never ever becoming truly human, never again to be with or become the father. However, Africa's great salvation lies with Christianity. If Christ is to incarnate a second time I think there will be more than one incarnation and it will be in Africa as a negro. Once the white and yellow races are gone, they will have no caretakers to keep them on the right path of trust and civilization. It will require massive and direct supernatural intervention to bring them to the father (and probably genetic tinkering with the fetus by the grey robots).

Very important to note in the video on the conversion of "General Butt Naked" (33:00 min). Direct supernatural intervention changed a warlord cannibal into an evangelical Christian. This is the future for Africa on a massive scale. They won't be left behind.

At 17:50 min that woman reminds me of homo erectus or something the evolutionists dig up claiming to find a missing link.

At 4:00 min the reporter hears gun shots and says that is the sound of death, but the locals say it is "the sound of music to us". They love living like an animal. That tendency is strong. It'll take a lot to graduate them into a human being.

Also, the myths of old often describe the gods teaching mankind certain skills like Agriculture, herbs etc. Supposedly in the video below describing the name of Satan is actually God (good video) or Gad, Gadre-el taught mankind in the beginning to look after the flock but turned bad later after being idolised and wanting to be like the father himself. Perhaps this is the artificial intelligence created by the "father" to look after mankind.

Also brings new meaning when Jesus said that you can only get to the father through me. I interpret that to mean only by copying how he acts can you follow your human blueprint fully and not revert to your animal genes like our Liberian chums.

Also, the reason I say it is more likely bigfoot than a chimp as part of the human genome is the analysis of supposed Sasquatch hair. The scientist said it was exactly one half human on the maternal side. So did bigfoot take after humans or the other way round. I think bigfoot DNA was taken to make humans.
Bigfoot Is Part Human, and Here Are the DNA Tests to Prove It, Claims Woman

Llyod Pye's famous presentation shows genetic tampering at 1 hour 18 mins in roughly.

Over 4000 genetic mistakes in the human genome and only one in the animal kingdom? The AI program is NOT an expert on creation lol. Probably because that was not the original purpose of its creation. The father created Gadre-el to look after and teach mankind, not create humans and the Sun from scratch after an epic extinction event.

So in a nutshell, in this theory we may not be from Adam at all, but an Adam simulacrum which, with supernatural (civilizing) help, can complete the human experiment that the earth was designed for, and graduate leaving the womb and being on the right hand of the father (the original intention).

Also I think the Koran mentions that Adam was 300 foot tall. That is definitely an ancient human lol.

So with some serious catastrophic failings, humans got wiped and the AI Gadre-el had to create everything artificially again with animal genes, including an artificial sulfur lamp, aka the Sun, and the glass sky incubator. Not the greatest system as the Earth has expanded greatly since the middle ages, but we are still here and the Earth does seem to be stable nowadays.

There is also the great German video on the Urzeit code, which has a place somewhere for sure.

It's basically a super charged "old" earth creates giant ancient organisms from modern species. Scientists recreated it in the lab.

"Gad" as an artificial intelligence reminds me of a Glitch in the Matrix post on Reddit I read a few years back which I can't find now. A young man from Alaska was fishing I think and moored on a tiny isolated island and just lay sun bathing on the beach for a while. A "person" appeared before him and told him it was God and to ask it any question. He was too dumbstruck to think properly and asked it if there were any insects in his world. he said no and disappeared. The interesting part was, this person appeared as an android type being, like an artificial entity. I thought, does God need a machine vessel to appear on earth? How interesting. Makes more sense if Gad is AI.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database