KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Battlefield Earth (2000)

Tagline: Take Back The Planet

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, War

Director: Roger Christian

Cast: John Travolta, Barry Pepper, Forest Whitaker, Kim Coates, Sabine Karsenti, Christian Tessier, Sylvain Landry, Michael Byrne, Richard Tyson, Christopher Freeman, Shaun Austin-Olsen, Tim Post, Earl Pastko, Michel Perron, Andy Bradshaw, Tait Ruppert, Kelly Preston

Release: 2000-05-10

Runtime: 118

Plot: In the year 3000, man is no match for the Psychlos, a greedy, manipulative race of aliens on a quest for ultimate profit. Led by the powerful Terl, the Psychlos are stripping Earth clean of its natural resources, using the broken remnants of humanity as slaves. What is left of the human race has descended into a near primitive state. After being captured, it is up to Tyler to save mankind.

BStankman

Reactions
I could never figure out why such a movie would fail at the box office.
Wow, that is curious. It is generally considered a terrible movie by critics.
And that does not add up because this material has a built in captive audience in Hollywood.

I think I need to see this movie again.

dreamtime

Reactions
Maybe because the media boycotted the movie, as they don't want to see Scientology influence in the mainstream, and people are generally critical of scientology as well.

BStankman

Reactions
I am hoping to get a glimpse of an internal power struggle among the deceivers. Battle Hollywood.
Who is going to get the well paying Judas goat position? This young group of upstarts or the traditional ones.

BStankman

Reactions
Movies are a tool to deceive the masses. And they pay very well.
The Judas goat leads the sheep to slaughter and as a reward gets to live.
But the goat is not the sheppard. The goat is just a tool.

Tom Cruise and John Travolta are part of the new group that is very powerful in Hollywood.
There is also a traditional group that runs Hollywood.

I refuse to name either because I am certain they have the money to hire full time trolls.

This movie is a treasure trove.
But there is way too many things in it for one puny brain.

It is as if someone read the cliff notes of Zecharia Sitchin, mixed it with some bible stories, attempted to remake planet of the apes, and added in some USA patriotism.

The aliens are giant, have elongated heads and require a different atmosphere.
They also love gold and are psychopathic backstabbers. And great hubris.
Teaching man to mine gold is original sin.

The hero is hooked up to a Prometheus light machine to gain knowledge and lead man's rebellion against the aliens.
The fist thing he teaches is the triangle and geometry.

He teaches the other cavemen how to use forgotten earth technology, in perfect working condition, to crack the dome and also to destroy the aliens homeworld.

The most interesting predictive programming I saw was - Denver, human processing site.

Last edited:

Onijunbei

Reactions
L Ron Hubbard was a fiction writer.. And that's how Scientology comes about... Through his imagination... And he was involved with some pretty high level Satanists and Masons.

Ice Nine

Reactions
It failed miserably because John Travolta did such a crappy job in it. Although I liked the premise of the movie and I had hoped it would have been better. Since it's been 18 years since I have watched it, I'll give it another go sometime.

I definitely think somebody was mining on a huge scale, all the natural resources they could take or use up. Not even just gold mining per say, it could be for copper, silver, iron ore, quartz, whatever. Even big trees.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database