Movie: Alita - Battle Angel (2019)

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Alita: Battle Angel (2019)

Tagline: An angel falls. A warrior rises.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Thriller, Adventure

Director: Robert Rodriguez

Cast: Rosa Salazar, Christoph Waltz, Jennifer Connelly, Mahershala Ali, Ed Skrein, Jackie Earle Haley, Keean Johnson, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., Lana Condor, Idara Victor, Jeff Fahey, Eiza González, Derek Mears, Rick Yune, Marko Zaror, Leonard Wu, Elle LaMont, Casper Van Dien, Edward Norton, Michelle Rodriguez, Jai Courtney, Racer Rodriguez, Hugo Perez, Billy Blair, Jamie Landau, Dimitrius Pulido, Patrick Gathron, Alex Livinalli, Neal Kodinsky, Anthony Bandmann, Alan Nguyen, Sam Medina, Tod Junker, John Wirt, Darcel Danielle, Emma Lindsey, Garrett Warren, Liz Tabish, Tony LaThanh, Jorge A. Jimenez, Vincent Fuentes, Ibrahima Thiam, Paul de Sousa, Gregg Berger, David Sobolov, Jeff Bottoms, Keil Oakley Zepernick, Tristan Riggs, Marque Hernandez, Don Daro, Liza Wilk, Rachel Prieto, Charlotte Delaney Riggs, Gregory Alexander Wight, Gary Teague, Heath Young, King, Ricky Lee, Alex Moore, Michael W. Bunch, Betsy Medina, Amanda Marie Wilkinson, Michael Wakefield, Philippe Auguste, Tyler Vogel, Derrick Gilbert

Release: 2019-01-31

Runtime: 122

Plot: When Alita awakens with no memory of who she is in a future world she does not recognize, she is taken in by Ido, a compassionate doctor who realizes that somewhere in this abandoned cyborg shell is the heart and soul of a young woman with an extraordinary past.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Ended up watching this movie yesterday. I think our forum members could relate some of the contents of this movie to the contents of this forum.

It could be that they disclosed almost too much.

She was our enemy... 300 years ago.

Ruby Rhod

Reactions
Servant of the Sky King enjoys the view from above with his Mark of the Beast chosen lady—is it a coincidence that each point of this star is a Sigil of Saturn?

Sigil of Saturn.jpg

Lots of harvesting/organ-trafficking allegories in this movie too, among...well, everything else. At this time we must begin to question what is actually being disclosed versus simply stolen ideas. I guarantee this site is a goldmine for science fiction writers.

Von_Turin

Reactions
Servant of the Sky King enjoys the view from above with his Mark of the Beast chosen lady—is it a coincidence that each point of this star is a Sigil of Saturn?

Lots of harvesting/organ-trafficking allegories in this movie too, among...well, everything else. At this time we must begin to question what is actually being disclosed versus simply stolen ideas. I guarantee this site is a goldmine for science fiction writers.
Oh yes, it's horrible and in almost every movie / tv series, that's why I'm very selective with watching movies because I see to much of this and it makes me sick. But I decided to watch Alita Battle Angel just now, it's sunday so why not :)

Battle Angel in this respect would be Fallen Angel. Alita = EL-ita... like in the EL-(ohim) => Winged Sky Gods.

9 minutes in this movie. Last skycity of Zalem = (Jeru)-Zalem.

Von_Turin

Reactions
Well, she did fall, literally that is.
I didn't even think of that but you're totally right ! The Fallen Angel from (jeru)Zalem or Zion. She is berserker nr. 99 = 66.

Quote from the movie : Owh, how are the mighty fallen = Bible text 2 Samuel : about the deaths of Samuel & Jonathan.

2 Samuel 1:27 How the mighty have fallen and the weapons of war have perished!"

Alita takes care of a dog. When she becomes a hunter she goes to a pub named "Kansas". Just before entering "Kansas" the dog shows up = This is not Kansas anymore Dorothy.

The whole "alientech" biomechanic supersuit reminds me of The Guyver.

The Guyver - Wikipedia.

And I still have one hour to go :)

Von_Turin

Reactions
SPOILER, don't read further if you want to see the movie b.t.w. my bad !

Quote from movie, VECTOR : "I'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven" = S-man in Paradise Lost.

The suit has an extra weapon = ARC Plasma.

Layers of cities (or civilizations) on top of each other. A unusual looking Romanesque church in the Iron City featuring prominently. Like many nice posts on this forum on these subjects.

So Alita the Battle Angel needs to destroy (Jeru)Zalem and beat "The End Boss" who is God in religious scripture...

But in our upside down world Alita the Fallen Angel is the Hero and Nova the bad guy.

300 years she was the enemy (I know see what you mean) who perhaps was the cause of the RESET and is the next coming enemy.

The RESET en ARC are closely connected, it even makes an appearance in the movie all though a little bit hidden.

The Resets follows a sort what biblical narrative and ARC is the key. At least that's what I'm getting from this and other movies.

Ark.JPGarc.png

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Interesting that the movie ended where it did. They did not really show that the sky city got destroyed. What could that mean? Are we going to see a sequel, or the city could still up there?

Von_Turin

Reactions
Yeah, a sequel ending as main (commercial) reason like you mentioned.

The Sky city is located near Kansas (there we have Dorothy again) and Radio KAOS is in Dallas b.t.w. :)

A lot of these manga/anime have sequels, there was a period in my life when I read / watched that stuff quite a lot. Guess the sky city of "Zalem" would still be up there in an eventual sequel.

Alita the movie was okay to watch when I shut my brain down for those hidden things.

And perhaps as a lesser "hidden religious meaning" the ending means that it's time for round 2... or 3... or 4... who knows right ? Because...

Can't tell you exactly what year it is or how many times Zalem / Zion has been destroyed ( or not ) because we don't know :)

As a last note :

I know there are a some believers out there who are sure that when the next "reset / kingdom of heaven" etc. comes, that a "New Zion" will float over the Earth as a city (mother-ship who knows ?) and thus be a bridge between Earth / Humanity and the "Higher Powers of Heaven".

Obertryn

Reactions
It's based off an anime series from the 90's, so I assume if you wanted to poke around for some hidden meanings, you could try that. The Japanese are certainly a creative bunch. Death Note is still one of the best supernatural crime-thrillers around.

Ruby Rhod

Reactions
Hexagonal Torah case emblazoned with a Sigil of Saturn in the room with the Ark shown previously...

Torah.JPG

Somewhat related note: I had previously been more skeptical of the "ancient nuclear technology" stuff, although aware of the tales in the Mahabharata. But when you pair that story with that of the Book of Samuel, in which peoples in proximity to the Ark are stricken with tumors, and the evidence on the face of the earth, the logical probability of there having been ancient weaponry based on radioactive material enters the realm of plausibility.

Von_Turin

Reactions
It's based off an anime series from the 90's, so I assume if you wanted to poke around for some hidden meanings, you could try that. The Japanese are certainly a creative bunch. Death Note is still one of the best supernatural crime-thrillers around.
I agree with you that Japanese are very creative when it comes to manga/anime. OMG Yes ! Deathnote is one of the best I've seen, even skipped a night of sleep just to binge watch Deathnote and then go to work :) I like the medieval, magic, fantasy, SF, RPG adventure anime the most I guess.

Indeed this movie is based on Japanese nineties anime so I could try to look for hidden meanings but this is the Hollywood adaption and "they" do whatever fits their script / agenda from my point of view.

Hexagonal Torah case emblazoned with a Sigil of Saturn in the room with the Ark shown previously...
Somewhat related note: I had previously been more skeptical of the "ancient nuclear technology" stuff, although aware of the tales in the Mahabharata. But when you pair that story with that of the Book of Samuel, in which peoples in proximity to the Ark are stricken with tumors, and the evidence on the face of the earth, the logical probability of there having been ancient weaponry based on radioactive material enters the realm of plausibility.
Nice catch !!! The planet of Saturn with the Hexagonal and Vortices. One of the linguistic variants of Torah = Torque = Vortex.

Guess the globes are also connected. Never occurred to me all these years that these types of globes are upheld by an Arc.

All this in a room where a sort of Ark looking case makes a cameo. You could also view Battle Angel as an Arch-Angel.

I feel you with electrical / plasma thingies whether natural (electrical universe) or ancient weaponry.

Edit (far fetched for most but not for me) : Edward Norton who plays Nova, The Ruler of Zalem in Alita Battle Angel... also played...

In "Kingdom of Heaven" - 2005, his role was that of Baldwin IV, king of (jeru)Zalem.

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Another thing of interest is the prohibition of the firearms they had. Agree, that it could be our contemporary political move. At the same time history shows that back in the day we used edged weapons as well. Pistols and stuff came around the 15th century, which could arguably be the 17th century. This possible 15=17 will be published later.

Banta

Reactions
So, this movie has always been curious to me as to why it got made at the budget it did. It cost at least 170 million to make and only made 85 million domestic and 400 million worldwide. That might sound profitable but a general rule of thumb is that a movie needs to make around 2 to 2.5 times it's production budget in order to break even due to marketing costs and other assorted BS that I don't quite get. So this movie barely broke even by that math... And this is with it overperforming it's projections (forecasting before the movie put it at around 300 million worldwide top end, with lots of potential to end up closer to 200).

The mainstream reason that the movie got made is because it has been a passion project of James Cameron and if not for his influence and history of success, you wouldn't have seen this movie adapted from a somewhat obscure anime.

Take any of that for what it is worth… but this movie was widely considered a huge financial risk and the current thinking is that probably won't get a sequel, despite it being a minor miracle that it did as well as it did.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KorbenDallas Movies 4
KorbenDallas Movies 2
Timeshifter Movies 1
KorbenDallas Movies 2
Onthebit Movies 2