Mandela Effect, Time, and Words

Searching

Reactions
I know this isn't everybody's bag, but those who have been affected may find this interesting. This was recently brought to my attention, and I feel rather stupid for not making the connection on my own.

People who lucid dream have shared ways they realize they are in a dream. There are 3 main give-aways:

1) Look at a clock. If it is askew, the numbers are off, the hands are moving abnormally fast, or it just doesn't make any sense, then you are dreaming.
2) Try to read words. If the text doesn't make any sense or the letters often move around, then you are dreaming.
3) Try to remember how you got to the place or in the situation. If you can't then you are dreaming.

For some of us, the first 2 happen (slightly different) in real life. The 3rd one happens to all of us.

1) Many of us find anomalies when looking at clocks. Some call it synchronicities. We see 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 12:34, etc regularly when we glance at a clock.
2) Spelling of words have changed for many of us. Bernstein changed to Bernstain, dilemna changed to dilemma.
3) I do not know anyone who remembers being born or their first 5 years of life in this realm. We can't remember how we got here.

Here is the video that pointed this out to me. What I wrote above specifically starts at 14:50, though the entire video is very interesting.

Last edited:

milhaus

Reactions
You have probably made the connection before but forgot. Something I have noticed just by recording myself or keeping notes is that I will go back years later and realize I thought mostly the same things as I do now. It is just sometimes you have to be reminded or have it presented to you in a different way. There are a lot of qualities about yourself you might think are fairly new, too, but you would be shocked to find out you have always been that way.

I have one memory as a baby where I was crawling towards the living room. My Mother was watching me and I stopped to look at the sun coming through the window. I have another memory when I was 4 and shoved a handful of crackers in my mouth. And a few others and I know it "isn't possible" so who cares if anyone believes it.

However, I am not really convinced we were always in this particular dream. I think maybe we died and were given the chance to live out the rest of our lives. Maybe the people we know that aren't dead like us are communicating with us in their dreams when they are asleep at night. This only works because there is no time so it becomes fluid, as if we are actually interacting. Also, if a god is dreaming us then they may occasionally share their dream with another god. Get what I am saying?

Anyway, I think this because I know the moments I would have or should have died and then I know when other people I know could have died and their reactions upon seeing me were truly bizarre. Like they hadn't seen me in forever.
I felt like I was alone here for the longest time.

We can meet when we sleep. All my dreams are as if they are behind the scenes. I am allowed to make sets; big houses with many rooms and I spend my time with the people I love the most. I prefer that to being inside of this big machine or whatever it is. It gets so tiresome especially when you notice the loops and can "predict" what is going to happen next. This one is more of an artificial dream, in my opinion. A dream within a dream.

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow:
You are not wrong who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand--
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep--while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

-Edgar Allan Poe

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
However, I am not really convinced we were always in this particular dream. I think maybe we died and were given the chance to live out the rest of our lives.
It is possible we have died many times before, but our lives get reset. We wake up the next morning with no knowledge of our death and continue on as if nothing happened, living in a new dream or stream of consciousness slightly different from the one we left. I sometimes think about loved ones left in the old dreams, how they dealt with our deaths, how their dream changed upon our absence.

I suppose this reset idea should be comforting as it does away with death in the conventional sense, but I find it disturbing. Are there infinite dreams for us to immerse ourselves into? If so, how do we leave this "place"?

milhaus

Reactions
It is possible we have died many times before, but our lives get reset. We wake up the next morning with no knowledge of our death and continue on as if nothing happened, living in a new dream or stream of consciousness slightly different from the one we left. I sometimes think about loved ones left in the old dreams, how they dealt with our deaths, how their dream changed upon our absence.

I suppose this reset idea should be comforting as it does away with death in the conventional sense, but I find it disturbing. Are there infinite dreams for us to immerse ourselves into? If so, how do we leave this "place"?
I think about that, too. The possibility makes me very sad. Though, so does every other possibility.
the devil and God fighting over me? "I am really not worth the trouble".
returning to the source? "I just want to be left alone".

If it is a dream, then I think our best bet would be to show the dreamer that they are dreaming. They wake up and we cease to exist.
Unless we are in a recurring dream. Then we wouldn't notice the time gone between sleep except for the details that changed.

Maybe we are a recording that is endlessly repeating.
A record of ghosts that has been overlaid on someone else's past.

What if "we" are just our bodies/avatars/vessels and "souls" use us to experience this realm?
Some of us would constantly be getting new souls that want this type of experience/learn a certain lesson, while other people have the same souls their entire lives...
But we have no relation to the soul and only exist in the endless cycle. A tiny piece in a large machine or maybe just an artifact.

I'll let you know if I see an exit. 🥴😌

Edit: Unless reality is a collective dream and when you sleep you have individual dreams (that can still be shared). Then the private dreams would be a way for the individual to "recharge" to continue to power the collective dream. Maybe that is why things get so weird at night?

Last edited:

whitewave

Reactions
3) I do not know anyone who remembers being born or their first 5 years of life in this realm. We can't remember how we got here.
I remember a dream I had when I was still in the crib. My mother said I was full of $hit but I described the layout of the house and I saw this far-away look in her eyes as she struggled to remember when suddenly she remembered and said, "I remember that house. We lived there when you were just a ba..." And then she caught herself and looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my forehead. :)

Kansas

Reactions
I have clear and vivid memories back to being 3... maybe even 2. I clearly remember the layout and set-up of the house I was born in and we moved out when I was 3. I remember specific old relatives who died before I was 5 who visited us when I was very young... I remember a wooden peg-leg from a great uncle who died when I was 3, and shooting stick-on darts at a tv my parents claim to have thrown away when I was 2-3.

I think memories are probably stored from birth, but we lack the tools to interpret them until we're X years of age... and without interpretation we don't "file" them appropriately so those early years are just a jumble... but I bet proper therapy (even self-study) could unlock some of those early memories... the catch would be that without the ability to interpret the data as it came in, today it would read just like a dream... clocks and letters and everything else would seem wrong because there was no context through which the young brain could sort them.

Andromeda

Reactions
Well, I remember my first childhood years. I even remember the time before being able to walk. Hence why I’m systematically harassed by the system.

Regarding words you are right they carry magic. Either good or bad. And that is how we are in an occupation. The oppressors use a different language talking down to us and we have to adjust neurotically by the linguistics used upon us.

For example the psychiatrists on a tier above us would call sorrow for unstable and then you’ll be subjected for forced medication.

whitewave

Reactions
I notice when society uses words to try to change me. It irks me immensely. The English language (as it's spoken today) is a very violent language. We "kill time" rather than passing it pleasantly being non-productive to society. Countless examples of such violent thought in our language.

I play a tetris type game on my phone when I have to wait in line or at the Dr. office and I'm plagued by advertisements (mainly to download more games). One of the games they keep trying to get me to download is especially irksome to me. Can't remember the name of the game since I have zero interest in downloading it and only look at the timer to see how quickly I can skip the rest of the ad. It depicts a witch and some other woman with choices in the caption being "help her" or "kill her". I'm just mindlessly enjoying a game of tetris and not thinking about killing anybody but now I'm being given the opportunity to consider killing someone. It seems to pay better points than helping. I resent that the thought of killing even an imaginary person was instilled in my brain. I resent that advertisement so much that I quit playing that game so that I'd never see that ad again. There are other tetris type games that don't offer me a choice of killing.

Could it be that language, especially neurolinguistic programming has been/is being used to train our brains to think differently about our past? Are we being programmed to forget?

I have no idea what the "wild west" was actually like and have only old western movies to tell me but I seriously doubt that civilization could have advanced to its current state if there were shootouts in the streets on a regular basis. Still, that's what's been programmed into my head via the brainwashing machine.

It's not just our history that's being stolen; it's our reality and our collective memories as well as our conscience. I tell my children and grandchildren stories about my youth and how things have changed. I tell them stories about my grandparents and how things were in their day. Some day my grandchildren will look around at their world and remember the stories and think I made it all up or was just senile and "misremembered".

Obertryn

Reactions
Language is certainly powerful. My aunt used to freak out over me reading Harry Potter when the whole thing had just exploded as a global literary phenomenon because she claimed that it was using a type of encoded language that was literally "addicting" people's brains to reading it, kind of how Coca-Cola and Pepsi put chemicals in their drinks to make you crave more or how movies used to have an advertisement poster after every 25th frame on a cinema reel to subconsciously program you into wanting the thing advertised. She also had a reputation for paranoia in our family, so I'm not sure how reliable she was...

Red Bird

Reactions
I think your aunt was pretty smart actually!

@whitewave, you know I was looking into my hometown library and it was a Carnegie library. Carnegie was definitely a mason, part of the cabal, and I have been turning this around in the back of my mind. Definitely a history changer but add in the ME....

Waylander

Reactions

Thanks for sharing.
I too believe we are living in a reset reality or dream. Our consciousness moves, streams from dream to dream seamlessly and I can prove it, only to myself, mind you, but I know that what I know is true. I cannot remember much of my childhood, only fragments. Funnily enough, one of my clearest memories is that of a nightmare I had when I was a toddler. I know I was stillborn and doctor and nurses worked on me for one and a half hour before I cried. Was it my first reset? I must have been 6 years old and this I remember, when I almost drowned, or did I? No one in my family ever spoke to me about it and it seems I'm the only one who has this memory. Reset? Then more accidents followed, I do have the scars, but not the memories of the critical moments. More resets?
At this point, I suppose I should say I also have clear memories of a different reality not completely conforming to the standard ME list of discrepancies.
I do have more to say on this subject, but I don't want to end up doing a bad impression of " This is Your Life or should I say Lives".

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
Thanks for sharing.
I too believe we are living in a reset reality or dream. Our consciousness moves, streams from dream to dream seamlessly and I can prove it, only to myself, mind you, but I know that what I know is true. I cannot remember much of my childhood, only fragments. Funnily enough, one of my clearest memories is that of a nightmare I had when I was a toddler. I know I was stillborn and doctor and nurses worked on me for one and a half hour before I cried. Was it my first reset? I must have been 6 years old and this I remember, when I almost drowned, or did I? No one in my family ever spoke to me about it and it seems I'm the only one who has this memory. Reset? Then more accidents followed, I do have the scars, but not the memories of the critical moments. More resets?
At this point, I suppose I should say I also have clear memories of a different reality not completely conforming to the standard ME list of discrepancies.
I do have more to say on this subject, but I don't want to end up doing a bad impression of " This is Your Life or should I say Lives".

Some have shared MEs and others' different recollections seem to be more personalized. I guess we have all converged into this one timeline from different reality streams. I wonder what the point of it all is. Why is there residue to prove things were once different? The main residual for me is Ed McMahan. Johnny Carson presents a check to David Letterman from Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes:

In this timeline, Ed worked for the rival company American Family Publishers... Ed was on The Tonight Show with Johnny for decades, so I do not think the name on the check in the above clip was a mistake, but why is there evidence of it here?

And furthermore, if our lives keep being reset upon death, why are we given clues? What is the point of the reset and what is the point of us having access to MEs that can lead us to this conclusion?

The only answer that makes sense to me is that we are the maker of this game of life, and we've played it so many times that even with our memories wiped, we have become bored. Maybe the goal of the game this time around is to realize we are in fact in a game.

We use the word reset often on this forum to delineate previous cultures from one another. This realm has obviously been reset multiple times, and the main goal of this forum is to determine when the last reset occurred, but we find ourselves without a time frame.

Computers share our language. Computers reset; civilization resets. We have a virus; the computer has a virus, and many other common words and phrases. We think that the language to describe humans in these terms came first, but we may very well live in a loop with no beginning and no end. It's a chicken and egg scenario.

I now think of the cultural resets as changes made on a platform. There is a basic hardware system that is the basis for this world, and whenever there is a reset, it's just a deletion of old apps and a download of new apps. The pyramid empire that once ruled has been wiped out, but some residuals of that app remain.

The last scene in Serenity reminded me of this. If you haven't seen it but want to, spoiler ahead.