Lost Books

Red Bird

Reactions
Didn’t see a good thread to put this under, and hope this works.

Following is an article about:
The manuscript was called Libro de los Epítomes (The Book of Epitomes) and has been compared to being a Middle Age search engine due to its extensive cross-referencing. In it, the knowledge of the books and other early print material collected by Colón was meticulously distilled and classified.

From supposedly the 1400’s And, how most of books on his his list can no longer be found. One wonders if there was a search for each, and if this guy really even existed 🙃. I have to get to work with no time to dig right now. The website could interesting too

Rare Manuscript Found Reveals Massive Lost World of 16th Century Books

RecycledSoul

Reactions
Can’t find the link, but there was an interesting thread about a 1500’s Germanic “wunderbuch” Book of Wonders I read the other day. Cool thread! I’ll see if I can find some of my old stuff.

VonKitty

Reactions
Didn’t see a good thread to put this under, and hope this works.

Following is an article about:
The manuscript was called Libro de los Epítomes (The Book of Epitomes) and has been compared to being a Middle Age search engine due to its extensive cross-referencing. In it, the knowledge of the books and other early print material collected by Colón was meticulously distilled and classified.

From supposedly the 1400’s And, how most of books on his his list can no longer be found. One wonders if there was a search for each, and if this guy really even existed 🙃. I have to get to work with no time to dig right now. The website could interesting too

Rare Manuscript Found Reveals Massive Lost World of 16th Century Books
I read this same article yesterday on Galactic Connection, was wondering if there was a thread on it. Perhaps it will be translated to English one day as I would love to read it! You can’t help but wonder if it doesn’t provide some clues to the missing pieces of our puzzle.

I’m going to include the link I read just because it has a funny bonus at the end: “The Ugliest Royal Portraits in History”

Rare manuscript found reveals massive archive of 16th century books that are now lost | Galactic Connection

whitewave

Reactions
The "losing" of books is still going on and is intentional. A few librarians tried to fight back even resorting to some underhanded methods to combat the wholesale destruction of books but it's library policy to destroy old, seldom checked-out books. They call it weeding. Then there's the usual zealots that feel the need to burn books like Poland did last month with JK Rowlings Harry Potter books. It even goes on in the U.S.A. Not content to just burn books but even computers and cell phones or anything that might depict people enjoying sex (Heaven forbid!). :) In march of this year China banned all religious texts, even forbidding the distribution of them in churches and temples.
"I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD." (Amos 8:11)