Lincoln's funeral procession and Zwarte Piet

Laluna

Reactions
It's virtually impossible. The images in the above PDF link with our contemporary commentary could originally mean just about anything. Additionally, images of this kind exist for just about any race out there.

I just find it suspicious, as it is not consistent with the "hugeness" of the slavery issue itself. 19th century definitely poses a few questions.

So the existence of free blacks means there was no slaves? I'm not sure what you mean with the pictures? Could you explain

What about the lynchings and burning of black towns, churches etc? Did that happen after the war? The lack of pictures could be people werent interested in preserving slave photos. Maybe slave owners destroyed them?

There are autobiographical books, newspaper classifieds, baptism records, wills etc. are those all fake? What about the violence during the Jim Crow era and push to separate whites from blacks?

I did notice in my family tree and others we have census records of free unmixed blacks owning land in the mid 1800s. It doesn't add up with slavery since if they were freed documents should exist as proof. My DNA doesn't match with any Africans although many have tested. I know recently there's been a push that African Americans aren't from Africa and they were prisoners from war etc. how does that fit? It might be a new thread.

OK, we dont have much to go on. The plate says these are "young ladies from the high school."
But everyone agrees everything about the photo is very creepy, probably because of the similarity to this.

View attachment 10284

These Lincoln ladies attire remind me of another paramilitary organization.

View attachment 10285

A female paramilitary army is a reminder of the Valkyrie and their association with funerals.
the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. Valkyrie - Wikipedia

View attachment 10286 View attachment 10287

Thanks for bringing Zwarte Peit back into the discussion. Here we have clear examples of Black Aristocracy.

The Quran in the U.S is clue to what the Confederate states of America culture was.

View attachment 10288

And who they declared Independence from.

View attachment 10289

And who they fought. First Barbary War - Wikipedia

And for a bonus, more white slavers with that odd eagle.

View attachment 10290
Were colonists Muslim? How did that change? (or did it?)Are they white prisoners or slaves? Are those heads on sticks?

Just trying to understand y'all point of view. Interesting topic.

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
So the existence of free blacks means there was no slaves? I'm not sure what you mean with the pictures? Could you explain

What about the lynchings and burning of black towns, churches etc? Did that happen after the war? The lack of pictures could be people werent interested in preserving slave photos. Maybe slave owners destroyed them?

There are autobiographical books, newspaper classifieds, baptism records, wills etc. are those all fake? What about the violence during the Jim Crow era and push to separate whites from blacks?

I did notice in my family tree and others we have census records of free unmixed blacks owning land in the mid 1800s. It doesn't add up with slavery since if they were freed documents should exist as proof. My DNA doesn't match with any Africans although many have tested. I know recently there's been a push that African Americans aren't from Africa and they were prisoners from war etc. how does that fit? It might be a new thread.
I am saying that based on the photographic historical evidence something does not add up, just like in many other areas. We can speculate all day long as far as why no photographic evidence exists. There is a clear pattern of missing evidence, and justifying this absence by people not interested in preserving evidence is plausible at best.

A very similar issue we have with the absence of the US flags on the photographs of the same period.

Do I think that there was no slavery? No, I do not, but I do think that our understanding of the whole issue is very much off due to a deliberate misrepresentation of the issue. This could mean as little as the time frames being off to the point where there was no photography during slavery. Or it could mean as much as a successful attempt to hide the native presence of black people in the newly re-discovered Americas.

If prior to the Civil War every race was represented by free people who could own slaves of any race, it would put a totally different spin on a lot of things. As far as all the segregation which took place after the Civil War, including those bus boycotts of 1950s, that could be a part of the narrative.

Things do not appear to be as clear cut as our traditional history wants us to believe. I simply want to understand what really happened.

Laluna

Reactions
I am saying that based on the photographic historical evidence something does not add up, just like in many other areas. We can speculate all day long as far as why no photographic evidence exists. There is a clear pattern of missing evidence, and justifying this absence by people not interested in preserving evidence is plausible at best.

A very similar issue we have with the absence of the US flags on the photographs of the same period.

Do I think that there was no slavery? No, I do not, but I do think that our understanding of the whole issue is very much off due to a deliberate misrepresentation of the issue. This could mean as little as the time frames being off to the point where there was no photography during slavery. Or it could mean as much as a successful attempt to hide the native presence of black people in the newly re-discovered Americas.

If prior to the Civil War every race was represented by free people who could own slaves of any race, it would put a totally different spin on a lot of things. As far as all the segregation which took place after the Civil War, including those bus boycotts of 1950s, that could be a part of the narrative.

Things do not appear to be as clear cut as our traditional history wants us to believe. I simply want to understand what really happened.
Ok thanks for explaining and yes I agree especially about things possibly being off or not matching the established timeline and putting a spin on things.

ETA it makes me think of "false flags" and how long it's been going on.

Last edited:

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Anything strange about wearing virginal white to a black tie funeral?
Were these women marrying the Martyr to Justice? I dont remember Lincoln owning a harem.
And what about those arches?? Were those always there, or were they built just for the funeral?

Tonep

Reactions
Let’s try avoid turning two separate threads into one discussing chemical properties of addictives.

I still want to hear more about those white brides at Lincoln’s funeral. It was the most intriguing part for me.

those white brides brings to mind the vestal virgins of the Roman Kingdom...