Lightning Rod Fashion: 18th century grounded Umbrellas and Hats

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
9006F6F8-8148-40A3-89A1-9F075AB2F7B1.jpeg

1770s
It appears that a time specific necessity is being dismissed as an insignificant fashion style of the past. There is nothing better to have other than a wire cable dragging behind pulling back on your umbrella, or tagging on your hat.

Gentlemen could simultaneously work on strengthening those dominant arm muscles as they strolled along in a rainy, or may be even dry weather.

51024C4A-1093-44FC-BD95-1C9938FED557.jpeg

Ladies could improve their angelic posture by constantly using those neck muscles to drag that dirty metal rope around.

Six or seven feet of electrifyingly unifying metal, snaking in one’s wake. After all, what else could bring two genders closer to each other?

The official history tells us the following:
  • Lightning rod fashion was a fad in late eighteenth-century Europe after the lightning rod, invented by Benjamin Franklin, was introduced. Lightning rod hats for ladies and lightning umbrellas for gentlemen were most popular in France, especially in Paris. The concept that inspired the fashion was that a lightning bolt would strike the Franklin-designed protective device instead of the person, and then the electricity would travel down a small metal chain into the ground harmlessly.
Once again we are being misled by the official pseudo-history. A little bit of research into the 18th/19th century atmospheric conditions could explain where the motivation to drag around that dirty wire was coming from.
  • "M. Plante" cites an account of a violent storm which took place on the 27th of July 1769, during which several hundred persons being congregated in a large public hall suddenly saw a fiery globe the size of a large cannon ball appear through an opening in the roof. All the lights immediately went out, and more than seventy-six persons were killed or wounded."
If you think that above example is an oddity, please feel free to familiarize yourself with the below thread.
It would be a sign of disrespect, and inconsistency of logic to suggest that our ancestors were smart enough to carve carnelian masterpiece rings 5,000 years ago, while simultaneously getting killed in droves by lightning, and doing nothing about it.

Mr. Franklin outdid all of them physicists of Newton’s caliber, as well as other over-educated individuals who came before him. He invented a lightning rod and solved a global problem.

KD: it appears there was no need for lightning rods prior to a certain moment in time which could coincides with the life span of Benjamin Franklin. Yet, our historians will go the distance to prevent general public from knowing that atmospheric conditions suffered a drastic change as recently as 200-400 years ago.

I can understand this position of the officials. What if the general public asked why those atmospheric conditions got changed...

It appears, 200-250 years ago, there was a fairly high probability of getting wacked by a bolt of lightning, and those poor people were simply trying to up their chances, and avoid getting killed. Therefore it was not a fashion, it was a necessity (imo).

Lightning rod fashion.

Glumlit

If gravity is static electricity, and all these artificial lights were powered by static electricity, then when that technology stops harvesting that energy, it would have to go somewhere.

I could see strange episodes happening as the atmosphere restabilizes itself (or attempts to). Stronger storms with more lighting, for sure.

And if those storms, or static discharges were suppressed or seeded, what effect would that have on gravity?

ISeenItFirst

If gravity is static electricity, and all these artificial lights were powered by static electricity, then when that technology stops harvesting that energy, it would have to go somewhere.

I could see strange episodes happening as the atmosphere restabilizes itself (or attempts to). Stronger storms with more lighting, for sure.

And if those storms, or static discharges were suppressed or seeded, what effect would that have on gravity?
Well, it could be a chicken/egg scenario. Ie. That energy was dwindling, and could no longer power the lights.

I been thinking about these alternative answers to gravity, but I am having a hard time using any of them to explain time dilation.

Glumlit

I'm not familiar with time dilation (I did try, briefly).

But I was going to mention wondering what the effect would be on our perception of time, if these discharges were suppressed.

It makes sense to me that stronger gravity -or increased difference in charge between earth and atmosphere- would result in our time being seen as compacted. Or tighter.

But I have no idea why, or how to explain it.

ISeenItFirst

I have hard time making sense out of this 1749 book, but it does have some interesting weather info. Unfortunately it is limited to its publication date, but nevertheless. May be it could help with stats to a certain degree.

A General Chronological History of the Air, Weather, Seasons, Volume 2
That's an interesting one. It sure is confusing, assumes lots of references I don't have. Talks about fiery hail burning ships and the sea boiling and the great deluge and all manner of interesting weather.

WildFire2000

Clearly it is all hyperbole and superstition. Duh.

Now, seriously, following the previously mentioned WildHeretic map study of the late 1600's through early 1700's ... Uh... That's what was going on. New land was appearing in places, the coasts around the world changed. William of Orange invaded England and forever altered the government. During that time weather would have been crazy too, I suspect, especially when you have reports of the winter that killed everything (except Russia). The poem has been linked here somewhere else and I'm too lazy to re-link it. Clearly, based on Telsa's demonstrations of electricity and the pictures and sketches that survived from the 'dark ages' and the 'Renaissance', there were vastly different atmospheric conditions involving electricity and the like.

Side-note, I've discussed some of these things with my father who is a licensed master-level electrician, and he will admit to a degree that harnessing power through other means than we normally do today should be theoretically possible, but it's useless to us because of the fact we can't regulate it properly and run it through the transformers and such we do today. So, our sensitive electronics and everything would just fry themselves and such. While I understand his point to a degree, I think there'd be a way to regulate the energy flow in a safe manner, if anyone actually bothered to believe it existed.

Magnetic

Another excellent thread Korben!!! Yes yes yes!!!! The magnetic field/aether was much stronger then! Magnetic instabilities and reversals are the cause of the changes. A weak magnetic field = weak aether potential(present day)....our civilization is nearly done because of the coming reversal of the magnetic field. I was reading a book about the revolutionary war in America and during General Washington's defense of NYC groups of Rebel soldiers were electrocuted by lightning who were near cannons and a strange rotating cloud brought terrible weather for a time. The weather seemed harsher than normal during the conflict.

milhaus

I've just been thinking something along these lines, but what if "they" are actually still using free energy; harnessing free energy from lightning with Skyscrapers, for example.

The Tesla story is key to a lot of assumptions that we make about our certified paradigm.

Supposedly he was some genius who figured all these things out that nobody else in human history had thought of before, or he uncovered the knowledge from a secret society that had kept this knowledge hidden since Ancient Egypt. Okay, now pick one. Then the military took all his papers after he died and we know that they are using his inventions because it's just another open secret at this point. But how many of us stop to think that the rulers have been using that technology the whole time? Right in front of us. I realize I need to look at these "conspiracies" as major forms of misdirection and reorient my thinking towards what they are really meant to hide. Stay tuned for tonight's double feature: Edison Vs. Tesla. Followed by The Cold War: USA Vs. Russia.

Now if Earth was overtaken by the current ruling power (when, I don't know) there would have to be transition phases between generations on the technology the common man knew existed, or were familiar with, and the current level of technology we know of and use today. I would imagine that they would have to deceive the people into believing that new uses were being made for old technology, even as some sort of novelty, so the people assumed progress was happening when in actuality, that knowledge was being phased out and labeled things like "strange fashion". Is that why they promised everyone flying cars? Were these nothing but false promises to reassure us that they were acting in good faith? Hm.

Clearly a lot of knowledge has been "lost" over the years, like how to go to the Moon, and so there must be ways to identify the periods in which technology/information/knowledge was being erased in order for us to uncover the truth.

OP
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
What would this world do without Ben Franklin. Nobody in the history of mankind figured this lightning rod out, but then came Ben, and saved us all. Yet we have ancient porcelan towers and domes... for praying, of course.

''Franklin was really quite an electrician,'' Dr. Moore said. ''He may have been an amateur, but he's the person who named the difference between positive and negative electricity. And with his famous kite flight he established that lightning is electricity.'' Discovery of Rod's Function

Magnetic

Old Ben Franklin flying a kite that has a key that is illuminated by the electrical charge. The key to extract atmospheric electricity is height from the ground symbolized by a kite. I wonder how many fools actually tried to attract lightning and perished.

Verity

Another excellent thread Korben!!! Yes yes yes!!!! The magnetic field/aether was much stronger then! Magnetic instabilities and reversals are the cause of the changes. A weak magnetic field = weak aether potential(present day)....our civilization is nearly done because of the coming reversal of the magnetic field. I was reading a book about the revolutionary war in America and during General Washington's defense of NYC groups of Rebel soldiers were electrocuted by lightning who were near cannons and a strange rotating cloud brought terrible weather for a time. The weather seemed harsher than normal during the conflict.
What would be a good link or book on the possible reversal of the earths magnetic field please? I haven't heard of this and it seems an interesting subject to follow up. I would have thought that as earth settles down the magnetic field would calm down for a while rather than actually reverse, but- I know nothing about it. Could you link to some good sources?

Magnetic

Ah verity
Magnetic said:
What would be a good link or book on the possible reversal of the earths magnetic field please? I haven't heard of this and it seems an interesting subject to follow up. I would have thought that as earth settles down the magnetic field would calm down for a while rather than actually reverse, but- I know nothing about it. Could you link to some good sources?

Just got flooded out by the Hurricane, hard drive crashed, sprained back trying to save possessions ...not any good sources out there but look at bronze age civilization collapses to get a flavor. Cheers!