Life Span Pre-Modern Age

Andromeda

Reactions
We are taught by official documents that human life span were much shorter in previous ages. Here in Sweden school children are taught it was common that humans did not live past 30-35. How do we know these documents are not forgery?

If we give a verdict to current architectures they do not even amount to what previous humans accomplished and that is the reason I find it hard that human life span was shorter before the Modern Age.

Perhaps it is a massive forgery done in grandgrandpa’s time only to usher the dominance of allopathic medicine in our Modern Age?

What do you think about past humans short life span? Don’t you think it is a bit odd they had short life span yet they accomplished architectural wonders?

NorthernLion

Reactions
It's not evidence and proves nothing, but in just about every example of a verifiable historical personage I have researched (genealogy, history, etc.) I have never found those 30-35yr estimates to be true. Quite the contrary, just about everyone lived to ripe old ages and had many, many children. Most of my grandfathers were fathering children well past what would be considered middle age these days.

It's an interesting point you raise, that lowering perception of life expectancy "in olden times" is a way to push allopathic medicine (and a modern lifestyle) as a move forward.

BStankman

Reactions
rafalnowicki
What caused the global cataclysm? Part two.

The opposite is true. Kali Yuga accurately describes the current age along with the shorter than normal lifespans.

Kali Yuga: The final age. It is the age of darkness and ignorance. People become sinners and lack virtue. They become slaves to their passions and are barely as powerful as their earliest ancestors in the Satya Yuga. Society falls into disuse and people become liars and hypocrites. Knowledge is lost and scriptures are diminished. Humans eat forbidden and dirty food. The environment is polluted, water and food become scarce. Wealth is heavily diminished. Families become non-existent. By the end of Kali Yuga the average lifespan of humans will be as low as 70 years.

Ice Nine

Reactions
rafalnowicki

The opposite is true. Kali Yuga accurately describes the current age along with the shorter than normal lifespans.

Kali Yuga: The final age. It is the age of darkness and ignorance. People become sinners and lack virtue. They become slaves to their passions and are barely as powerful as their earliest ancestors in the Satya Yuga. Society falls into disuse and people become liars and hypocrites. Knowledge is lost and scriptures are diminished. Humans eat forbidden and dirty food. The environment is polluted, water and food become scarce. Wealth is heavily diminished. Families become non-existent. By the end of Kali Yuga the average lifespan of humans will be as low as 70 years.
Crikey ! @BStankman if that paragraph doesn't succinctly describe our current state, I don't know what does.

And the longevity issue, one side of my family a lot of them lived well into their 90s and a few made to 100.

Our modern world is not always conducive for a long life.

Moriarty

Reactions
I personally think that the span was, at least, comparable to ours, and may be even longer... may be much longer.

This thread goes hand in hand with this thread here. I'm interested in getting to the bottom of this issue. Let us see what we can dig up.
Life span is just another example of inversion of the truth. It is what they do with pretty much everything. You can apply that to 90% of what we are told I believe

Socaltaoist

Reactions
Well considering half the population died before the age of 5 the average is of course going to be that low. If you lived past 5 then 15 more than likely you would live to a normal age. It's just a case of teachers not understanding math really and it sounds fun right!? Progress!!

BrokenAgate

Reactions
rafalnowicki

I think we have recently entered the Ascending Dwapara Yuga. We are rediscovering an understanding of electrical energies, spiritual awakening is beginning, and our awareness of social injustices is increasing. Politically, things appear to have gone to hell, but that's because the world leaders know, on some level, that their time of greed and corruption is ending, and they are fighting back, trying to hold on to their power. Any time the people begin to show signs of enlightenment and of questioning the paradigm, evil will become stronger until it is defeated. Our battle really is against powers of darkness. Those powers are everywhere, and the battle never ends.

dreamtime

Reactions
I think we have recently entered the Ascending Dwapara Yuga. We are rediscovering an understanding of electrical energies, spiritual awakening is beginning, and our awareness of social injustices is increasing. Politically, things appear to have gone to hell, but that's because the world leaders know, on some level, that their time of greed and corruption is ending, and they are fighting back, trying to hold on to their power. Any time the people begin to show signs of enlightenment and of questioning the paradigm, evil will become stronger until it is defeated. Our battle really is against powers of darkness. Those powers are everywhere, and the battle never ends.
According to Jainism, we are in the 5. phase of 6 descending ages, after which come 6 ascending ones.

Last edited:

Paracelsus

Reactions
Take a very quick look at people like the late David Rockefeller, or George Soros. With billions in the bank and penultimate access to cutting edge medical care and even literal children's blood they still look like cadaverous revenants.

Approaching the human body as a merely a biological mechanism has invited the hubris of this age. The template for what we are is entirely energetic in nature. Our body receives marching order from the soul on cell differentiation and de-differentiation. All of these processes occur flawlessly without any conscious direction whatsoever.

I just read this paper about the heart:
The Heart as a Bi-directional Scalar Field Antenna
A scalar field antenna, pretty rad!

The ancients knew all of this through the medicine of alchemy. Provided the bio-energetic field of the body was nourished, physiologically you could live indefinitely. Ciba-Geigy even tried to bury the work of Guido Ebner and Hans Schürch verifying electrostatic fields as a potent tonic for embryonic growth.

For those who enjoy the TCM perspective, the story of Li Qingyun is extremely fascinating. Tai Chi and Nei Gong are the only martial arts I do anymore.

Andrinus

Reactions
The decrease of life expentancy seems to be a significant motive in the (aethiopic) 1Enoch: remember, the immortal 'watchers' left their heavenly realms and came to earth, to intermate with the daughters of men, which caused all kind of problems. Gabriel was sent out for punishment:

'Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in battle: for length of days shall they not have. And no request that they (i.e. their fathers) make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and 11 that each one of them will live five hundred years.' (1Enoch 10, 9ff)

And a bit later:

And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is for ever and ever is consummated.

I somehow believe that the core aspect of punishment here is not the fight of the watchers' sons against each other, but the fact that the watchers have to see their sons aging faster (or at all) and 'see' them passing away, without anything they could do about it. What a horrible situation from a family mans point of view. I could imagine that the 'slain one another' part was added later to the original text, to divert from what was considered the important part initially.

In general, the motive of limited live expentancy occurs more than one in religious texts, like the old testament or the apocryphs, where 120 years generally seems to be the normal span for us humans ;)

Red Bird

Reactions
I love Custance’s writings. The link below talks about aging and in it it is a table from a guy (1836) who documented long lived people and their ages. Meaning he had as good of documentation as could be to prove their ages.
The table wouldn’t copy over correctly but it’s on pages 6 and 7.
The following paragraphs document people who lived up to 256 years old.
Not to forget the long lived people in the Caucasus area (of Tartary).

Virgin Birth (Volume 5) - Pt.I, CH.1

Andrinus

Reactions
I did not knew the writings of Custance referenced just above by @Red Bird but was surprised to find the declining longevity motive for the biblical post-flood patriarchs right there too, on page 16. This seems to point in the same direction as my speculations about the watchers dilemma from book of enoch. Thanks for posting (y)

Last edited:

Red Bird

Reactions
I did not knew the writings of Custance referenced just above by @Red Bird but was surprised to find the declining longevity motive for the biblical post-flood patriarchs right there too, on page 16. This seems to point in the same direction as my speculations about the watchers dilemma from book of enoch. Thanks for posting (y)
His writings are very interesting and different from what one would imagine from the 40's/50's (at least, once again, not any that we've been taught). However I must say that if the Watchers situation is true, I'm not feeling too sorry for them. They are definitely the bad guys.