Leonardo da Vinci: inventor or inheritor?

whitewave

Reactions
@BrokenAgate,

The average person considers themself hopelessly average and resigns themself to mediocrity. If there are negative acquired mental illnesses, then it stands to reason there are also positive ones.

Take a quick peek at the MK- ULTRA program literature. If you can program an assassin you can program a genius.
FOIA | CIA FOIA (foia.cia.gov)
I respectfully disagree. You can program a person to utilize their natural resources (value systems, intelligence, etc) differently than they might have otherwise, but you can't supply them with resources they don't naturally possess.

Paracelsus

Reactions
I respectfully disagree. You can program a person to utilize their natural resources (value systems, intelligence, etc) differently than they might have otherwise, but you can't supply them with resources they don't naturally possess.
The sad fact of human nature is that slaves tend to argue for their chains. Both the Archons and Geniuses recognize this, one becomes a master and the other masterless.

whitewave

Reactions
And then there are the Ronin who desire to be neither a master of others or to be masterless regarding their own fate. :)

BStankman

Reactions
Da Vinci has some intersting quotes. Leonardo da Vinci Quotes (Author of Leonardo's Notebooks)

The human condition does not seem to change.

LDV.jpg

“An average human looks without seeing, listens without hearing, touches without feeling, eats without tasting, moves without physical awareness, inhales without awareness of odour or fragrance, and talks without thinking.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“I awoke only to find that the rest of the world was still asleep.”
― Leonardo da Vinci,

AgentOrange5

Reactions
Read all of her books a few years back. She is a fun read, but for the most part is a traditionalist. Apparently, she did travel quite a lot gathering materials for her books. The first 3 are worth reading, in my opinion. The last three are a love flick with repeats of the info already mentioned in the previous three.
As far as our traditional, narrative compliant knowledge of Neanderthals goes... I think it is nothing but speculation. Traditional science has no way of knowing what was happening back then, and what brain capacity they had. Sure they can say that due to this skull cavity, and due to that indentation, them Neanderthals were capable of only this, or of all of that. They also say that they lived like 400,00 to 50,000 years ago. Based on some of he threads here, they could have existed 1,000 years ago easily. They also could have been just as capable of things as we are.
Shoot, they could have been the contemporaries of Mr. da Vinci here.
I read the first 3, maybe 4 of the series. Interesting enough that I kept reading past the first once, but each one also seem overly drawn out, with tens of pages (sometimes more than a hundred!) before anything actually happened to progress the story.

One theory I've heard about Neanderthals, they are actually just very elderly homo sapiens. The theory being that our forehead keeps growing (kinda like our nose and ears) the older we get. Certainly, if one starts looking at pictures of people 100+ years, one can see what could be the beginnings of a forehead protrusion. If say, Biblically recorded lifespans are true, of people living hundreds of years, I can imagine a Neanderthal forehead growing in that time span. Like with many theories, no way to currently prove it, but I am partial to that idea that Neanderthals were just elderly Homo Sapians.