Pompeii Unpublished: Sketches not permitted to be made...

Found this early 19th century book with a bunch of Pompeii and Herculaneum hand drawn images. It mentions something about some of the images not being authorized, or permitted?
  • Could we get any help with trying to figure out what's up?
  • Is there something we are not supposed to see there?
  • Too many images depict colored objects
  • And I guess it is not really 1801 book, after looking through. Rather a compilation of pre-1825 drawings.
There are actually two sets of brochures in there, presented under the following titles:

pompeii_1.jpg

pompeii_2.jpg

pompeii_3.jpg

red_building1.jpg

red_building.jpg

What is this?
wtf_socrates.jpg

This here is an image of the Pompeii Forum made using the Camera Lucida. Was this place even excavated, or just stood like that?
  • Never heard about this Camera Lucida thing...
pompeii_forum_1.jpg

In 1631 Torre del Greco was again damaged by an eruption of Vesuvius. Its citizens bought back their rights in 1699, after paying 106,000 ducats to their landlord, the Marquis of Monforte, and thenceforth the city flourished as a maritime trading and fishing port. The tradition of coral crafting dates from this time.
  • The historical centre of Torre del Greco was buried under a 10-metre-deep (33-foot) layer of lava in 1794.
torre-del-greco.jpg

Vegetation?
Chalcidicum.jpg

gate_1.jpg

KD: Per the narrative, in the early 1800s these ruins (buried or not) were supposed to be over 1700 years old. Yet, buildings on the presented sketches are still covered in paint. Many buildings do not look like they were ever buried. What's up with all that?

Vol II, page 120, top
Pompei-Vol-II-page120-top.jpg

Eruptions
  • 472 Theodoric
  • 1036-7
  • 1049 (?) Lao Ostinesis (?) auctor ( author )

Comments: From Mount Vesuvius - Wikipedia
  • 472 AD Pollena eruption of Somma-Vesuvius (Campania, Italy)
  • 1036 with the first recorded lava flows.
  • 1049 ... eruption
  • 1306 not mentioned in wikipedia
  • 1631 .. 16 December ... killed at least 3000 and maybe up to 6000 persons...
  • 1760 severe eruptions
No mention of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. The only surviving eyewitness account of the event consists of two letters by Pliny the Younger, published latest in 1508 by Aldus Manutius. Should have been well known by sir William Gell in early 19th century.

I’d love to find out when we discovered sources talking about the 472 eruption.

One has to appreciate them ruins colors.

There are so many detailed "restored" depictions. Per the narrative the ruins are close to 1800 years old. How did they know what the original design was?

restored_pompeii-1.jpg

restored_pompeii-2.jpg

1627229578799.jpg

This is an overhead view of the Pompeii amphitheater which some would call a giant speaker. All of the official narratives of the controllers are fishy to me. Maybe after listening to this classic Pink Floyd recording from Pompeii one can better appreciate the above drawn images, pink floyd pompeii, echoes. If this structure was inherited from the Tartarians then the acoustics might be for healing?

Found some cool stuff. This one is called "Tragic Poets". Looks like a halo.

tragic_poet.jpg

They also had a Temple of Isis of all things. The crane symbol is also found in a lot of houses. I thought this was supposed to be an Egyptian goddess.

temple_of_isis.jpg

This Isis "temple" might have been a power station. The egg/pineapple staff found inside looks like a common decoration found on rooftops well into the 19th century. The torus decoration on the floor is also interesting.

temple_of_isis1.jpg

temple_of_isis2.jpg

That figure in the upper right corner looks like a Fleur-de-Lis. Was the original supposed to represent a Medusa head and it got simplified over time?

Watched this video. It’s definitely a main stream, but the info is still pretty interesting.

By the way, was there any official explanation on the pineapples, other than... it's a mystery?

By the way, was there any official explanation on the pineapples, other than... it's a mystery.
Isis in the pineapple.
Deity focus: Isis | Cosmic Pineapple

Edit to add
Searched high and low for Isis and a pineapple imagery and I found none.
I often feel buildings acquire names from an archaeologist, historian or academics opinion and that sticks.
Let's face it is a very easy and effective way to hide not knowing in plain sight.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard of Isis and pineapple having any sort of connection. As far as I understand, today it’s some sort of a spiritual thing. I’m not big on.

Yet, them Pompeiians... haha. What did they know?

pompeii-isis.jpg

Source

I’ve never heard of Isis and pineapple having any sort of connection. As far as I understand, today it’s some sort of a spiritual thing. I’m not big on those.
Me neither but that site was the one that popped up and it is amusing if nothing else.
Did find the claim Isis simply means Temple. If that is so why not use the word Isis instead of Temple when describing a singular building?
Instead Isis has today a goddess.
Makes no sense to me.

To be honest, looking at images like this, I struggle to even imagine what that society was like.

pompeii2.jpg

Source
And what kind of head is this?

pompeii2-head.jpg

The dude on the right looks like an engineer from the movie Prometheus.

engineer.jpg

Similar articles
Article starter Title Section Replies Date
KorbenDallas 79 A.D. no more: Pompeii got buried in 1631 Pompeii 13

Similar articles

Back