Israel takes "selfie" with Earth

Searching

Reactions

Here is my question: There are close to 5,000 satellites orbiting Earth, so why can I not see them in any photograph? Ever?

Here is the image that represents these satellites:

Here is the Tesla Roadster in space:

Not one single satellite in sight.

TH Dialectic

Reactions
You would think satellites would be quite easily visible due to the sheer amount of them! Surely, we would be able to see satellites going across the face of the moon; all of the high tech cameras with incredible zoom functions have never captured a single satellite passing the moon ...

I think the "silver bullet" if you like, in the whole satellite fiasco is the fact that no mobile phone signal is available when a) crossing any ocean and b) on any airplane. Seems satellites only float above dry land ...

Again, the mockery of man continues.

TH

0harris0

Reactions
the majority of satellites are small, really quite tiny!! i highly doubt you'd be able to see them around earth from the distance required to take a photo. though you see them (and debris) going past in footage from orbiting shuttles/ space station etc!

fibre optic cable tech has improved vastly since we first started using satellite communication.. look at the history of international data connection and its only in about the last 10 years really that we've ditched the satcoms, now that we're able to run massive data lines! :)

got me wondering now - do mobile phone calls/sms still use satellite?
presumably the internet data doesn't, as it's all running through some kinda internet mainframe infrastructure, but i wonder if the satcom companies still have some use :p

Bear Claw

Reactions
Here is one crash landing in Australia...

I find the high altitude balloons are satellites argument convincing. We don't really see them TOO much in the UK. However I was holidaying in the Northwest of America this year and had a big argument with my friend about what the lights moving in the sky were - there were seriously LOADS of moving lights in your skies (I was blown away). The thing I found mad is that according to Wikipedia 99% of satellites travel west to east. Yet the lights in the sky were moving at all angles. That would fit the hypothesis that they are balloons and thus follow the wind.

0harris0

Reactions
The thing I found mad is that according to Wikipedia 99% of satellites travel west to east. Yet the lights in the sky were moving at all angles. That would fit the hypothesis that they are balloons and thus follow the wind.
I've always seen satellites moving in all directions, even seen quite a few change direction up to 90 degrees :unsure:

Tyrion

Reactions
The origins of satellites came from the mind of famous science-fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke. He wrote The 1945 Proposal by Arthur C. Clarke for Geostationary Satellite Communications. Arthur C. Clarke was a high level Freemason as well as a homosexual and self-professed pedophile, throw in satanism and you’ve got a heck of a guy. Arthur C. Clarke was writing science fiction stories along with other notable sci-fi writers Philip K. Dick, Robert Heinlein and L. Ron Hubbard. Arthur C. Clarke did initially claim to know Hubbard, however later he denied that statement and thought L. Ron Hubbard to be completely crazy. That link to Hubbard had to be broken, all out rebuke works well.

There is a seven year overlap between 1945 to 1952 when Jack Parsons, L. Ron Hubbard and Arthur C. Clarke were all alive and were witness to the Science Fiction industry exploding into the eager minds of young people. I find the Roswell crash in July 1947 quite timely and it certainly propelled the interest in space to mania levels.Hollywood didn’t miss the cue since they’re owned by the Khazarian Rothschilds. Hollywood started cranking out sci-fi movies by the truckload. At the top of the Sci-Fi movie heap was the great undiscovered frontier — Space

Satellites Don’t Exist

anotherlayer

Reactions
What a joke. This selfie is absolutely incredible. I think I'll go with Elon when I say "it looks so fake because it's real!". Can someone define "pear shaped, oblate spheroid" to me? k, thanks biii.

Last edited:

jd755

Reactions
Here's the best part of an interview Richard D Hall did with someone claiming to be putting 'micro satellites' in 'space. Just watch his reaction when the man with the glasses shows him his 'mock up' and begins to describe it.

Have watched too many SpaceX 'nose cone' videos on slow mo than is good for me and every single one is cgi. Same as the 'vertical landing' tube videos.

Just two years ago spotted an amber light in a warm April sky move steadily on a level path across the sky. Didn't blink or change colour, speed up, slow down, change course, dart about and eventually it 'disappeared' as it was too far away for me to see.

Last year during late summer another bright amber light low enough to be seen as a Chinese lantern at first glance. Sat in the southern evening sky and slowly moved west as the clock ticked on before again disappearing as the distance became too great. Was there on consecutive evenings for a month or so.

That is the sum total of the weird night time ufo stuff I have seen. Two amber lights as literally unidentified flying objects

Saw the moon shimmer last year, just the once.
Seen it with a flat bit just a couple of months back, flat as though someone had hit it with a hammer and it flattened a bit of curve out. And finally seen it with a wave of some kind going round the circumference fairly briskly.

Oh and I nearly forgot. One summers afternoon last year the crescent moon was out in the afternoon and I could see through the blue bit and it had a halo round the whole ball or whatever it really is.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I remember that during the early days of the cellphones, GPS’s were pretty inacurate. As in you could be driving parallel to the road you were on. This promptly stopped with the emergence of the Verizon’s “Can you hear me now?” commercials.

The spot on accuracy could arguably be attributed to the addition of multiple cellphone towers. Thinking about how much influence do “satellites” really have on our GPS positioning? Could our coordinates be established via those cell towers instead?

esgee1

Reactions
My understanding is that the majority of satellites aren't really this close to the Earth's surface as the photo depicts. The rendering below is just artistic licence to showcase that there's a lot of satellites out there today.

Between the Earth and the Moon there is a lot of space and many of the satellites are much farther out than the image shows. And, as 0harris0 said "the majority of satellites are small, really quite tiny!!" The satellites are depicted as huge (as the ISS) in the artistic rendering below and that's just not the case.

So I'm not surprised you wouldn't see them much in low Earth orbit photos/videos (like from the ISS).

Those are my thoughts regarding satellites. As for the "Tesla in Space" car video, if Snopes says it's true then it must be so. /s :unsure:

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Whatever is allegedly up there could simply be simply this:

You gotta love those "phenomenons". Will be real funny if they bounce their signal off of the "firmament", and call it a phenomenon.

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
The satellites are just one problem in a long list.

If 100% of communication can be accounted for with under sea cables and land lines, then what is the point of satellites?
If Earth is an "oblate spheroid", why does it not look like that?
Why are the images of Earth CGI?
How are all these ships getting past the Van Allen radiation belts when NASA says we can't?
How did all the telemetry data get lost?
Wouldn't it be important for past missions to know the moon was in Earth's atmosphere? NASA says moon is inside Earth's atmosphere

The list goes on and on.

esgee1

Reactions
The satellites are just one problem in a long list.

If 100% of communication can be accounted for with under sea cables and land lines, then what is the point of satellites?
If Earth is an "oblate spheroid", why does it not look like that?
Why are the images of Earth CGI?
How are all these ships getting past the Van Allen radiation belts when NASA says we can't?
How did all the telemetry data get lost?
Wouldn't it be important for past missions to know the moon was in Earth's atmosphere? NASA says moon is inside Earth's atmosphere

The list goes on and on.
Not all satellites are for communication. Many are for mapping the various aspects of the Earth and objects in outer space. And of course the secret spy satellites... :censored:

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions

The Beresheet spacecraft from Israel's SpaceIL was facing long odds to land on the Moon, being the first ever privately launched probe to attempt it. Fortunately, just before that happened, the spacecraft turned its camera toward the Moon's horizon and managed to snap a final, sublime photo of its cratered surface. It also brought a time capsule containing a copy of the English-language Wikipedia, the Wearable Rosetta Disk, the Torah, children's drawings, memoirs of a Holocaust survivor and more.
Israel's Moon probe snaps a final photo before crashing

There is a copy of Wikipedia on the moon now. :cautious: