Is the Sahara part of the land that the Israelites attacked?

Tonep

Reactions
Is the Sahara part of the land that the Israelites attacked,
Was part of Africa part of the land of the people they call the Canaanites?
After reading @Silvanus777 comment about the book of revelations I started thinking more about the bible and it's contents the past couple of days. I also started thinking about the area they call the Sahara in Africa which quite possibly was full of cities, lakes, rivers, and people. Then I started thinking about all the cities that the Israelites supposedly destroyed when they came out of Egypt. So putting 2 and 2 together, I thought to myself, what if the North Africa (plus the Middle East) area was the place that that story takes place in. I know it may be a bit of a reach but when I was studying this subject years ago I had a problem with all the cities they talked about in the bible being in the little area to the east of the Mediaterranian Sea that they call Israel. I made a list of the cities that the Israelites destroyed or had contact with:

Shittim, Jericho, Gilgal, Ai, Bethaven, Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite, Gibeon, Heshbon, Bashan which was at Ashtaroth, Chephirah, Beeroth, Kirjathjearim, Hebron, Jarmuth, Lachish, Eglon, Bethhoron, Azekah, Makkedah, valley of Ajalon, Libnah, Lachish, Gezer, Eglon, Debir, Kadeshbarnea, country of Goshen, Madon, Shimron, Achshaph, waters of Merom, great Zidon, Misrephothmaim, the valley of Mizpeh eastward, mount Halak, that goeth up to Seir, even unto Baalgad in the valley of Lebanon under mount Hermon, Anakims, Ashdod, river Arnon, Heshbon, Aroer, the river Jabbok, sea of Chinneroth on the east, Bethjeshimoth, Ashdothpisgah, Salcah, Megiddo, Geshuri, the plain by Medeba, Aroer, Ramathmizpeh, Betonim, Mahanaim, Betharam, Bethnimrah, Succoth, Zaphon, sea of Chinnereth, Edom, Maalehacrabbim, Azmon, Bethhogla, valley of Achor, Adummim, waters of Enshemesh, Enrogel, valley of Hinnom, water of Nepthtoah, mount Ephron, Baalah which is Kirjathearim, mount Seir, mount Jearim which is Chesalon, Timnah, Shicron, Jabneel, Kabzeel, Eder, Jagar, Kinah, Dimonah, Adadah, Kedesh, Hazor, Ithnan, Ziph, Telem, Bealoth, Hadattah, Kerioth, Hezron which is Hazor?, Amam, Shema, Moladah, Hazargaddah, Heshmon, Bethpalet, Hazarshual, Bizjothjah, Iim, Azem, Eltolad, Chesil, Hormah, Ziklag, Madmannah, Sansannah, Lebaoth, Hilhim, Ain, Rimmon, Eshtaol, Zoreah, Ashnah, Zanoah, Engannim, Tappuah, Enam, Jarmuth, Adullam, Socoh, Azekah, Sharaim, Adithaim, Gederah, Gederothaim, Zenan, Hadashah, Migdalgad, ***Arab****,Dumah, Eshean, Janum, Humtah, Zior, Maon, Carmel, Juttah, Jezreel, Jokdeam, Zanoah, Cain, Gibeah, Gedor, Halhul, Eltekon, Holon, Middin, Secacah, Nibshan, Engedi, Heshbon and all her cities that are in the plain; Dibon and Bamothbaal and Bethbaalmeon, Jahaza, Kedemoth, Mephaath, Kirjathaim, Sibmah, Zarethshahar, Bethpeor, Ashdothpisgah, Bethjeshimoth,

Thats quite a list of cities. Here are some things i find interesting:

--there was a city called Arab.

yes thats very interesting.

--Josh 15:4-Jebusite is the same as Jerusalem

oh really now?

--Josh 14:15 And the name of Hebron before was Kirjatharba

thanks for letting us know some of the names were changed.

--Josh 15:15 And he went up thence to the inhabitants of Debir: and the name of Debir before was Kirjathsepher.

--Josh 13:16 And their coast was from Aroer, that is on the bank of the river Arnon, and the city that is in the midst of the river, and all the plain by Medeba

when reading the borders of the cities that the Israelites conquered, it just doesn't seem possible that they fit between the borders official history tells us that they do. It seems to me that if the Mediterranian Sea was the western border then there eastern border would stretch all the way to Iraq. imo

--21 And all the cities of the plain, and all the kingdom of Sihon king of the Amorites, which reigned in Heshbon, whom Moses smote with the princes of Midian, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, which were **dukes** of Sihon, dwelling in the country.

Dukes?

--Josh 12:4-...And the coast of Og king of Bashan, which was of the remnant of the giants, that dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei

more giants...

--Josh ?:2 And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and of the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west,

what mountains are near Israel?

Josh 3:16 That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan

this is kinda wierd

****2 This is the land that yet remaineth: all the borders of the Philistines, and all Geshuri,

3 From Sihor, which is before Egypt, even unto the borders of Ekron northward, which is counted to the Canaanite: five lords of the Philistines; the Gazathites, and the Ashdothites, the Eshkalonites, the Gittites, and the Ekronites; also the Avites:

4 From the south, all the land of the Canaanites, and Mearah that is beside the Sidonians unto Aphek, to the borders of the Amorites*****

this sounds like a lot of land

Josh 15:4 From thence it passed toward Azmon, and went out unto the river of Egypt; and the goings out of that coast were at the sea: this shall be your south coast.

is this the Nile?

One day ima put some time into trying to find out what the actual borders were back then even though i know its probaly fruitless. But this all I got for this thread. Tell me what u think of my theory.

JustWow

Reactions
I think you are onto something. I have thought there is something up with the official version because there are places named on old maps of Africa that support the idea.
Also, Ethiopia. Have you ever noticed that the ocean to the west of Africa is referred to as the Ethiopian ocean on old maps? And when we hear about something of historical value being discovered or turning up in one way or another, often it is in Ethiopia. Maybe when whatever happened to create the Sahara did not destroy all of Ethiopia, just pushed it all the way to the opposite shore. There are Hebrews there today if I am not mistaken. Seems like someone searching for the ark of the covenant has been looking in Ethiopia. What if the ARK (think arc) was even worse than we thought?

OP
Tonep

Tonep

Reactions
I think you are onto something. I have thought there is something up with the official version because there are places named on old maps of Africa that support the idea.
Also, Ethiopia. Have you ever noticed that the ocean to the west of Africa is referred to as the Ethiopian ocean on old maps? And when we hear about something of historical value being discovered or turning up in one way or another, often it is in Ethiopia. Maybe when whatever happened to create the Sahara did not destroy all of Ethiopia, just pushed it all the way to the opposite shore. There are Hebrews there today if I am not mistaken. Seems like someone searching for the ark of the covenant has been looking in Ethiopia. What if the ARK (think arc) was even worse than we thought?
Thanks for replying to my thread.

Your thread reminds me of something i read years ago......Africa was not called Africa many years ago. What we now call Africa was called Ethiopia in "ancient" times; and was a term used to signify ALL of the land that was yet undiscovered on that vast continent. That term became Africa in modern usage. I am pressed for time so will have to finish this later bit again, thanks for responding.