Is Tartaria a Fairy tale?

sonoman

Reactions
Greetings SH folks!

Is Tartaria a Fairy tale?

It may be, but not in the way you might think. before this mystical Tartaria came to my attention I was dabbling in other mysteries so my first impressions when it did were that it sure seemed alot like some of the Druid and/or Celtic lore/law.

today I ran across this article: From Transylvania to Tunbridge Wells - Chapter 3a

a good read and seems to connect many other dots as well as completely damning the vatican and everything they have initiated since their con cep tion.

however, this is what caught my eye in relation to this the thread title.

In studying the fairy in the context of both Celtic and medieval history it must be remembered that the tribes to whom the Victorians ascribed the appellation ’Celtic’ were not a homogeneous or integrated racial group and the Celts themselves never saw themselves as a cohesive, pan-European nation of peoples.

Furthermore, like their medieval descendants, they had, within an indistinct collection of tribes, a patriarchal, misogynistic culture, which stands in complete opposition to the popular view that the matriarchal ’Celts’ promoted a policy of sexual equality.
When we looked at the stories contained in the ’Annals of Irish History’, the Irish ’Book of Invasions’ or the Welsh ’Mabinogian’ we would have been inclined to think that these documents were about the Celts when in fact they were about a strange race of foreigners who reigned alongside these dark-haired, swarthy, stocky little farmers for nearly two thousand years. From these stories we obtain our idea of what the ’Celts’ were like, when in fact they weren’t Celts at all, they were Scythians, the Elves, the Fairies, The Aryans.
its all hearsay to me until its not. I plan to put forth some effort to verify the claims and the proofs provided about the total catholic fraud but I havnt seen any mention of how the Druids fit in to the whole Tartarian mystery so when I found this similarity, I figured it was worth its own thread.

Its probably not very compelling without some background info on the Druids but I have a plate full ATM but I will come back to this at some point with more on them. hopefully sooner rather than later but if anyone else has something or even gets the same feeling please share.

Im not very good at threads or spell binding/casting in general so please forgive me for this one if its not up to standards. I really dont like to start threads much anyway but Ive felt this might be a key all along to this Tartarian mystery so I wanted to see if others might also.

maybe a hint: Tartan - Wikipedia

In the Realm of the Ring Lords
It has long been known that there was once a continent, inhabited by a great king-tribe, which was noted for its lemurs.

Hence, it has been dubbed "Lemuria", setting a good many enthusiasts searching for its sunken whereabouts beneath the Atlantic, Pacific or Indian oceans as if it were the lost city of Atlantis.

Maybe such a concealed territory does exist. However, the fact is that (by whatever name it was once known) the mightiest Lemurian land tract was never lost.

It was the great mainland continent which still exists today, stretching across eastern Europe through the one-time USSR.

This was the original realm of the great Ring Lords, tracing back to about 40,000 BC - the homeland of the Oupires of the Pict-sidhé. It was the land of the mighty Warlords of the Dragon before they migrated and battled their way southwards in the ever-cooling climate of the last ice-age. Undoubtedly, the environment was once very warm there, as is proved by the fact that the lemurs travelled about as far south as they could possibly go by land before Madagascar and the Comoros broke away from the southern African mainland.

What did these early god-kings look like?

Well, they are now thoroughly identifiable from their preserved remains, which have been excavated at various sites from as far afield as Transylvania and Tibet. With their light-brown to red hair and pale eyes, the leather-clad men stood at least six foot six inches and upwards, while even the women were over six feet tall. Undoubtedly, these forebears of the Gaelic and Celtic High Kings were among the most awesome warriors of all history.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Reactions
Don't sell yourself short, this is an excellent topic/idea. I'll start digging around for some Druid information.

I've actually wondered about the origins of why the Scottish plaids are called Tartans. So I find this doubly intriguing. Originally it might have just referred to the manner of dress of the Tartarians, it didn't start out with any pattern at all, not as the plaids we think of today.
This is crazy, it's been starring us in the face all along.

And I of course instantly started thinking about Tolkien,

Lots to think about, I'll be back.

welkyn

Reactions
When we looked at the stories contained in the ’Annals of Irish History’, the Irish ’Book of Invasions’ or the Welsh ’Mabinogian’ we would have been inclined to think that these documents were about the Celts when in fact they were about a strange race of foreigners who reigned alongside these dark-haired, swarthy, stocky little farmers for nearly two thousand years. From these stories we obtain our idea of what the ’Celts’ were like, when in fact they weren’t Celts at all, they were Scythians, the Elves, the Fairies, The Aryans.
Having studied Welsh and Irish mythology a great deal, I can say that this is definitely the case. There are references to what we would nowadays think of as "Celts" in the texts, esp. in the Lebor Gabala Erenn (though even "Celt" is a more recent ethnonym, no more than 300 years old), but most of the material surrounds people who are both phenotypically and culturally distinct from what we know of the "Celts" of old (i.e. Gaels/Britons).

We can trace hints of these mysterious people and their culture back through known migrations, and it's certain that they originate in the Pontic-Caspian Steppe - i.e. Scythia. Hence the notion that the "Scots" are "Scythians" - there's some pan-European affiliation to a tribal mother known variously as "Scota", "Scathach", "Skathi" etc., which always accompanies groups associated with proto-Scythians.

I think most of the people researching this stuff would agree that we can trace the "root races" of Britain and Ireland (such as they are now) back to the West Asian Steppes. There's a common culture spread from what would eventually be Tartary in the east through eastern/south eastern Europe (Batls/Slavs, Thracians, Dacians), central Europe (Hallstatt-La Tène "Celts" and the Unetice/Bell Beaker cultures), through western Europe (Celtiberians, Aquitanians, Gauls, Belgae) and up into Britain/Ireland (Britons, Gaels, Picts, Cruthin). Same motifs, same art styles, same materials used in the same ways - often the same ways of burying the dead, related religions and languages (as far as we can work out at least). Even the real "Celts" - the Hallstatt/La Tène people of central Europe (note: no Briton or Gael would have called themselves "Celtic" before ~18th c.) - have been confirmed to have been led by a heavily organised, highly militaristic branch of Scythian nobility.

The fact that the ideas of "elves", "fairies", "aryans", and "Scots/Scyths/Scandinavians" (yes, that's the root of Scandinavia - "Skathidenauvia", literally "Scyth Island") all turn up together suggests that these threads do come from a common source. There are also similarities with native Siberian folk belief, the "shamanism" that might have been left in the wake of Tartaria's untimely exit from the world stage. I've long felt that there's an ancient and deep connection between Europe (esp. northern Europe) and Siberia, so none of this is a surprise to me!

Any more relevant info from your source? I don't have time to go through it all myself, but it seems like a good trove of information!

Ice Nine

Reactions
Celtic Animal Symbols: Horse

Trying to find some common elements between what is known about Celts and Druids and Tartars.

Celtic Animal Symbols: Horse
The horse has a long history with the Celtic people, and at times was a deity unto itself-perhaps even the first Celtic deity. Horses were associated by the Gauls with several gods and goddesses, and were emblems of the sun. The horse was a tremendously important animal to the Celtic tribes, and its domestication transformed the Celtic culture Horses were used for meat and milk and provided labor for farming and transportation, making for huge advances in hunting and war-making. The horse was so important to the Celts it was associated with the sun god, who often appeared as a horse with a human face.
The horse is also linked to a number of ancient war goddesses Perhaps the best-known horse deity of the Celts was the Goddess Epona (Gaulish, “mare”), the horse-mother, a favorite goddess of warriors who was so popular, she had the singular honor of becoming the only Celtic goddess worshiped within the borders of Rome.
TeutatesEntwined water horses, from a Pictish carving

The father-god Teutates often appears in art as a bearded horse, and one of the names of Im Dagda, “Eochaid,” means horse or horse-father. The triple war goddesses associated with sovereignty and kingship were closely associated with horses (as well as ravens), and the divinatory king-making ritual of the Druids involved a prophetic sleep sewn inside the skin of a sacrificial mare.
The tragic goddess Macha had shapeshifting ability, and one of her three aspects appears to have been a horse. The wife of Otherworld god Midir is Etain, whose aspect was originally equine.The Welsh worshipped a goddess similar to Epona, called Rhiannon, who could appear as a horse, and is the mother of Peredur, who became a legendary rider in Welsh tales (and later, a knight of the Round table.)
Horses also figure in Irish and Scottish fairy lore. Most notable is the Puka or Pooka horse, a dangerous fairy-creature who lures unwary travelers to their death. Another is the water-horse, a sort of mer-creature associated with the sea god Manannan Mac Lir.

And the Mongols/Tatars were great horsemen/women

Found some interesting horse related info about Tartarians, who were also called Mongols according to "Giovanni DiPlano Carpini in his "The story of the Mongols whom we call Tartars." (See the bibliography page) Carpini, who visited the Mongols at Pope Innocent IV's command between 1245-1247, was thus able to write from the unique position of being the first European to produce a firsthand report about the Mongols after their Great European campaign 1234-1242. On page 54, he observes: "Girls and women ride and gallop as skillfully as men. We even saw them carrying quivers and bows, and the women can ride horses for as long as the men; they have shorter stirrups, handle horses very well, and mind all the property. The Tartar (Erroneous term for Mongols, but often encountered) women make everything: skin clothes, shoes, leggings, and everything made of leather. They drive carts and repair them, they load camels, and are quick and vigorous in all their tasks. They all wear trousers, and some of them shoot just like men. "

anyway that is from a long winded article about Mongol/Tartar women.
Mongolian women

OP
sonoman

sonoman

Reactions
thanks Ice Nine, we seem to be going somewhere with the Tatarian mystery but I guess we must keep going in circles (kirk/church ELs) until we see some sort of pattern?

Originally it might have just referred to the manner of dress of the Tartarians, it didn't start out with any pattern at all, not as the plaids we think of today.
this part from that wiki seems to also 'fit' the grand cover up:
The Dress Act of 1746 attempted to bring the warrior clans under government control by banning the tartan and other aspects of Gaelic culture. When the law was repealed in 1782, it was no longer ordinary Highland dress, but was adopted instead as the symbolic national dress of Scotland.
as far as wiping out the traces/connections. a standard operating procedure so now we spot them from miles away.

hey welkyn, thank you also for chiming in.

Any more relevant info from your source? I don't have time to go through it all myself, but it seems like a good trove of information!
IMO the only correct Source is within but all these external re sources do help stir the inward One. I generally view outward info very suspiciously and actually this bibliotecapleyades.net even more so for whatever reason. but there is a mountain of in formations there. Ive only scratched the surface there but will post up anything I see going forward about it here.

jd755

Reactions
Well I have read the ark of the covenant by wilson and blackett which contains the tales of the mabinogi in it and my god i and number one son find it a hard slog to get into..i highly recommend watching alan wilson and baram blackett on the youtube or at richplanet.net.

any questions about the books content or the mabinogi tales i will happily do my best to answer using the book itself it just mght not be an immediate answer though.
might annoy the irish who believe the celtic stuff but acording to the authors the celts were never in ireland nor were they iin britain. furthermore st patrick, well there were two apparently, originally came from what is now called wales.

OP
sonoman

sonoman

Reactions
following a lead that trismegistus posted in the "Dragons and Vampires" thread I spotted this tidbit:

2019-01-19_165818.jpg

From Transylvania to Tunbridge Wells - The House of Vere: References

'Scotland and her Tartans'
amazon.com/Scotland-Her-Tartans-Alexander-Fulton/dp/0831777176/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Scotland+and+Her+Tartans&qid=1547961186&s=Books&sr=1-1-catcorr

"Clans and Families of Scotland: The History of the Scottish Tartan"
amazon.com/Clans-Families-Scotland-History-Scottish/dp/0785810501

Paracelsus

Reactions
I've been listening to quite a bit of "Fairy Tales" lately, only they're not very whimsical. It is various researchers theories on what is taking people out in the woods and the various accounts of Sasquatch, Wendigo, Djinn, M.I.B., Fleshgaits, and Skinwalkers. Perhaps people here are familiar with the phenomenon as reported by David Paulides, Steph Davis, Nick Redfern, David Weatherly.

Personally, I think the Scyths and those who spent their lives out in the wilderness became such fearsome conquerors because of what they faced out there. Mystical vision quests and hallucinogenic experiences became mental training for dealing with perceptual attacks from the beings of the wilderness.

Most Americans grew up in civilized society, within the strictest demarcation zones of cities. Probably by virtue of some sort of genetic compulsion to do so - virtually all do so without even knowing why. Here is my theory...

The woods and the mountains are wild areas, you know within your soul if you are allowed to be there. I didn't grow up in a city so I never had to learn how to feel and listen for sounds, to watch how shadows shift in the woods. There are eyes all around you, some are watching out for you, some merely watching, and others... they are the predators and demons from stories of our past. Historically, the Scythians and Celts are regarded as being wantonly and insatiably violent. Perhaps fighting the demons and beings of desolate and wild places made them that way. Not only that, in many stories, these beings alter time and space itself in places like Aokigahara, or Hoia Baciu forest, or even Crater Lake Oregon. Maybe those of Scythian/Celtic ancestry still remember what stalks the wilds. Sometimes a story is just a story, but, sometimes a story makes you remember something - something you can't explain.

I'm Scotch/Irish/Welsh/Northern-Italian/Cherokee; uncivilized blood courses through my veins. I love the woods and the wilds, I've felt the presence of the things that exist out there. Regard them as fairy tales at your own peril.

OP
sonoman

sonoman

Reactions
I dont actually know many 'fairy tales' but I know that if youre not wanted in the forests, you wont have a pleasant experience and if you are, its magic!

have many campfire stories, some are stories of the firesides. many hair raising, most in a great way. yes, wildlife is directly connected to The One divine intelligence.

She was a Nagha or Nixa and it is from her that Lilith, and all the ensuing Grail Maidens, including Sheba and Morgana of the Apple Trees, Tamaris, Mary Magdalene, the Princesses of Avallon, Melusine, Niniane and Ygraine owe their identifications as "Trees of Life". Consequently we can say that Tiamat, the first Tamaris - the Maiden who gives the Waters of Life - was also the Tir Mat or Tir Mata, the first "Tree Mother" of the Lords and Ladies of the Forest, the Druids and Druidesses - the People of the Trees (of Life)

Last edited:
OP
sonoman

sonoman

Reactions
Tartaria is a real as America. If you believe the good ol' US of A exists, then so does Tartaria.
seems simple enough.

Taxonomy - Wikipedia

what is a tax payer? "What is real?"

one of the most dangerous stunts anyone could pull. During the Spring Rut the Stag is vicious, belligerent and half mad with lust and territorial rage. Getting anywhere near him was a feat of courage in ’itself. However, to be rightly invested with the true kingship of the Forest Peoples, it was necessary first to depose the reigning monarch, the Great Stag

Last edited:

jd755

Reactions
It is my feeling that the terms Tartary, Tartarus, Tartar, Tatar in whatever language were unknown to the people thus labelled. The original label seems to me to have been Tartarus and the others emanated from that one.
The people who dreamt up the label were the people behind the invention of the Roman Catholic Church.
The Roman Catholic Church is the organisation of people used to fabricate a utterly fake history and cloud real history in obfuscation and fantasy for a purpose I know not.

This post is my attempt to lay out the reasons why I feel this way.
I have already mentioned this feeling in a few threads on here but over the past few days I have been reading a small book from 1937 which held little interest for me when it was gifted to me simply because its religious in nature. I have no time for the fake worship of idols religions practice so there it lay for months.
The book is called Enemies. The author is J.F Rutherford and was published by Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society

The subtitle or bookplate reads;
"The proof that definitely identifies all enemies, exposes their methods of operation, and points out the way of complete protection for those who love righteousness."

Despite its content I read most of it. Skipping the biblical quoting and found myself noticing things which point out how the history was faked and fabricated and why those named Tartarian were named thus.

What follow is a shortish list of quotes from the book with my interpretation of how they relate to the stealing of history over a few hundred years, not the thousands alluded to and still going on today.

Page 40
"There were Giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men, which were old men of renown" Geneis 6:4

Giants IN the earth was what struck me. Why IN and not ON?
Given all the research done on here into Giants figuring out what the definition of Giant in play in the Genesis quote is may point to something significant.

Page 51
"For if God did not spare the Angels who were sinned but having confined them in Tartarus with chains of thick darkness delivered the over into custody for judgement. 2 Peter 2:4 Diaglott

Tartarus in Greek means a great debasement of degradation.

So one translator of the bible verse called Diaglott makes a connection between a word claimed to be of Greek origin with a specific meaning and gives it a brand new one of hell. The other translation by whoever says;

"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgement"

My feeling is that Diaglott translation and its connection of Tartarus = Hell was deliberate and allowed the Roman Catholic Church to label people who were more connected to God than we realise heathen, Tartarian, etc etc.
Put Tartary on maps if you will. Whereas the real hell is Religion.

Page 58
In 1937 in Russia a number of men tried, convicted and executed for the crime of treason after having confessed of crime and performance of act of which they could not possibly have been guilty.

My feeling on this is these men were men 'of god' in other words people the Roman Catholic Church would label Tartarian. I know its a leap from the words above but the feeling is what it is.

Page 64
"By the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water, [within the water-ring or canopy round about the earth] whereby the world that then was being overflowed with water perished. 2 Peter 3:5:6

Here I see a couple of things not least an understanding that this world is a water world. The flood fits in with tales of flooding from the lands labelled Tartary and the flood evidence being accumulated on here. The notion of a canopy as a water container is another thing that feel to me on the money. Those labelled Tartarians were and are fully aware of these things. I seems to me the Roman Catholic Church cannot as in are not allowed to extinguish history so it's people do their level best to couch the truth in the way of fantasy.

Page 66
Religion is a form of worship bestowed by creatures upon another, the one worshipped being regarded by such creatures as superior to themselves and worthy of adoration and worship.

This struck me in light of my reading of the Anastasia stories where she talks of black robed monks coming to ancient Rus with troops of mercanaries being urged on to kill the non believers simply because they didn't believe in the black robed monks Religion. Tartary was labelled for destuction purposes which made it 'ok' with God in the eyes of those running the Roman Catholic Church.

Page 67
Politics is the means and art of organising and governing the people in order to control organisations of men.

If that isn't as brief a statement of the current state of play we all labour under I don't know what is. The people of Tartary had/have no need of this organising so they had to be made to see the benefit of it by force be it force of will, force of arms, force of numbers.

Page 68
Nimrod and his political associates built cities, into which the people were gathered and that as the beginning of trade or commerce, trafficking amongst each other.
From that day to this Religion Politics and Commerce have been operated jointly by the Devil and his assistants for the purpose of controlling and ruling the nations of the earth and keeping them away from a knowledge and service of Almighty God.

Since I entered my fifth decade I have had this overwhelming feeling commerce and religion were the same thing with the singular purpose of controlling people. The gathering into cities is going on today as people are lured from their natural surroundings on the lure of material riches and 'freedom'.
The people of the lands labelled Tartary had no cities, they had no comprehension of them, they had no need of them. Their purpose seem to me to be to get people reliant on authority and to stretch their connection to their passed as far as possible.
I don't feel it can be broken simply stretched into the distance so we don't see it, the exact same method that is employed with recent, very recent history being given insane distance due solely to the constant pushing of an artificial calendar and clock system based entirely in the spinning ball earth theory.

Page 70
"For the love of money is the root of all evil; which while some coveted after, they have errors from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10
"Money" as here used means anything by which gain is measured.

Here again it come to me as evidence the world labelled Tartary had no need of money because 'gain over another' was unheard of. They were part and parcel of the abundance of everything.

Page 100
Man's besetting sin, from the time of Eden till now has been and is Religion.

The time of Eden ain't that long ago. Probably it is still ongoing just hidden away by layers and layers of basically looking in the wrong direction. The classic magicians trick. Roman Catholic magicians being particularly adept at this skill.

The saluting of flags or men or other like objects or bowing down to them is attributing protection and salvation to creatures or things and that is a religious formalism and in open violation of God's law.

This is why every 'nation' has to have a flag. I have never understood why a flag gets saluted or why as a child I had to stand for the National anthem. There is a dearth of Tartarian flags because the people in those lands were not nations or nationalities of people. Apparently purely by birth in a specfic location ' I have' two 'nationalities', English and British.

Page 131
Writing of mens name in books on earth has nothing to do with making the members of the church.

There is the crux of it for me. This entire Religious, Political, Commercial construct that has been laid over Eden relies totally on the writing of mens names in books which creates a legal and commercial entity if you will neither alive nor dead.
Sound is only used to deliver the name to the ears of the writer of the record, written words are silent words.
The people labelled Tartarian had no need to record the names as like as not they only used sound as the record of the past as sounds are the things 'written in heaven' as they are vibrations or frequencies.
By turning sound into writing the Roman Catholic Church silenced people and placed itself as the sole author of the written word.

Page 157
The kingdom of god has nothing that is commercial.

When I consider this it is instantly apparent that this contrived and controlled world of religious, political, commercialism imposed on me from birth is the true hell and the natural world enjoyed by those labelled Tartarian is heaven.

The Roman Catholic Organisation is now and for centuries has been engaged in Religion, Politic, Commerce for gain and is therefore the enemy of God and the enemy of Men.

Whenever I look into a old book or an old map there is always the words Church or Roman or Jesuit in evidence.
All those old maps that appeared within very short order in a small part of Europe simply reek of Jesuit. They all promote the same thing this ideology of nations and commercial trade taking place within the Roman Catholic Church's control.
The way they label anywhere outside of Church Control as Tartary and then proceed to 'shrink it' and 'fragment it' across the years is to me clear evidence the Jesuits are forcing their 'way' onto people and lands by whatever means serves to replace the time of abundance with a time of church controlled lack.
The timescale doesn't feel right to me but it is the pattern that feels right.
I feel as late as the deliberate seeding of San Francisco with the United States the world of 'Tartary' was widespread across the land mass of earth.

So there it is. A wander through snippets of a short book that brought out this article about what I feel are the origins of Tartary/Tartarus.
The fact Rus is the 'tail end' of Tartarus and is now with a 'sia' tacked on the end the 'dominant' name given to a vast area of the known world and its connections with west coast America in the 1800's suggests and is portrayed as the current 'scarecrow' or 'bogeyman' and has been for all my life is really a description in the same vein as Tartarus.

The process of making abundance disappear is ongoing. The faking of history be it written, be it sculpture, be it art, be it maps, be it buildings, be it events, be it personalities etc is ongoing. It has to be because once a lie has been written it only stands for as long as new lies are written to support it.

To sum up. There never was a Tartary or Tartarian Empire. They only existed as marks on maps and in the words of books of the fakers of history the Jesuit sect of the Roman Catholic Church. When this church actually came into being is I feel within a few of centuries ago in the period its history labels the Reformation, more accurately labelled the Re-Formation. This is the reason why there is so litte 'written' or 'pictorial' evidence of Tartary. The peoples passed was and likely still is kept orally and told in tales.

But to end on a note of irony.
The author of that little book quite rightly, in my estimation, calls out Religion, Politics and Commerce for what they truly are and what their purpose is and yet the book itself is a product of Religion, Politics and Commerce.

Last edited:

Red Bird

Reactions
Since finding the Tartarian topic I’ve noticed some are sure that it represented some Golden Age of peace and wonderful ness almost utopian. There’s a fairy tale. It may have been a sort of Pax Tartarian but, humans being humans, plus the fact that it seems the Golden Horde was incredibly organized and stationed throughout the area, etc. I don’t think it was utopia.
Also, the Golden Age seems to truly represent the ancient time when giants ruled and they were debased beyond belief although good builders.
It ties in that the snake in the garden/Babylonian societies/Rome-catholics+fake Jews/Catholics are the ever underlying enemy to truth. They are relentless and their goals Are simply power and wealth and ultimately to be like gods bringing back the Golden Age.

jd755

Reactions
Since finding the Tartarian topic I’ve noticed some are sure that it represented some Golden Age of peace and wonderful ness almost utopian. There’s a fairy tale. It may have been a sort of Pax Tartarian but, humans being humans, plus the fact that it seems the Golden Horde was incredibly organized and stationed throughout the area, etc. I don’t think it was utopia.
Also, the Golden Age seems to truly represent the ancient time when giants ruled and they were debased beyond belief although good builders.
It ties in that the snake in the garden/Babylonian societies/Rome-catholics+fake Jews/Catholics are the ever underlying enemy to truth. They are relentless and their goals Are simply power and wealth and ultimately to be like gods bringing back the Golden Age.
Interesting.
Have you read this Russian language take on it?
Tartar or Tatar?

Red Bird

Reactions
Interesting.
Have you read this Russian language take on it?
Tartar or Tatar?
No! I didn’t see this one. I scanned but will have to read it. Being so ignorant of this area of the world when reading about it only a few things stick. One being that the military didn’t seem to be wild barbarians as we are taught.
Aside- in the history of the reformation book (late 1800s) I was reading she mentioned the Taters, first time that clicked. I’m behind.

Seven823One

Reactions
I like to learn things about Mongolia. Since I lived there in late 60s - early 70s as a child, I still feel some attachment to this land and its people. Mongolia territorially is located gobsmack in the middle of "Great Tartaria". I remember that in the Soviet Union (from school books) the hordes that invaded Russia were always referred to as Mongol-Tartars...

The maps below are from a book by John Man about the life of Genghis Khan. When Ghengis started assembling his army by uniting and conquering the smaller tribes, that were living near Mongols, one of the tribes was Tartars. Would it be the root name and place of everything Tartar? You could see that the extent of Mongolian empire is very near the extent of Great Tartaria...
So, I am making a conclusion that it is one and the same.

OP
sonoman

sonoman

Reactions
I think you are mostly right on jd755.

yes, Tar is Black.

the commercial sea is the holy see is the great whore of babylon.

commerce comes from mercenary, merchants, mercury.

the original people stood by natural law and in opposition to commerce (war against god, man, and nature) so they were Tar'd (Black listed)

all tartars were black but it was not because of skin color however they were enslaved and later the words 'black' and 'white' became to be known as races of men, which is a lie.

if you ever get a chance to read through a red letter edition of the KJV new testament, read only the red print. its all hearsay but whoever he was or wasnt, he was right on. dont wait for him to save, follow his lead!

Ice Nine

Reactions
I like to learn things about Mongolia. Since I lived there in late 60s - early 70s as a child, I still feel some attachment to this land and its people. Mongolia territorially is located gobsmack in the middle of "Great Tartaria". I remember that in the Soviet Union (from school books) the hordes that invaded Russia were always referred to as Mongol-Tartars...

The maps below are from a book by John Man about the life of Genghis Khan. When Ghengis started assembling his army by uniting and conquering the smaller tribes, that were living near Mongols, one of the tribes was Tartars. Would it be the root name and place of everything Tartar? You could see that the extent of Mongolian empire is very near the extent of Great Tartaria...
So, I am making a conclusion that it is one and the same.

View attachment 18687View attachment 18686View attachment 18685
I've come to the same conclusion myself. There was no Tartary Empire persay, they were the great Mongol horde or a part of it. I don't feel they were some great civilization that spread out and built magnificent buildings and great cities.
For me it has become a fairy tale, of some mysterious civilization of master builders, Somebody had mad architectural skills, but I don't think it was from a great Tartarian civilization.
I could be all wet, but sometimes I just have to follow my gut feelings.

Juzzer

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

While preparing research today, I came across a book which may be of use to this thread..

Purchas his pilgrimage : Relations of the world and the religions observed in all ages and places discovered, from the creation unto this present. In four parts. This first contains a theological and geographical history of Asia, Africa, and America, with the islands adjacent. Declaring the ancient religions before the flood, with a brief description of the countries, nations, states, discoveries...

Tartaria is still sounding alot like an mixed mash of everyone sort of Empire to me.. I like that last bit "we've all agreed never to speak of it again"