Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yup

Votes: 52 86.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters

milhaus

Reactions
I have to wonder why NASA bothers putting a lot of this out there. Pictures I can understand, as that is cheap and easy propaganda. But why put these bad actors in front of a video camera? For the "f**k yeah science" crowd that NASA appeals to, they are just repeating the same crap over and over again. For the "f**k NASA" crowd, every video seems to offer another thread to tug on to unravel the whole NASA myth. This isn't the 70s anymore where taping over the originals is a legitimate excuse, this stuff stays in the ether in perpetuity.

For me, the debate isn't whether or not they are lying (they are), it is what are they covering up by lying? IMO, all these lies seem like too much to hide a simple black budget money funneling scam, or secret space program (militaries/private companies have plenty of money and ways to hide something like this already). If I had to place a hypothesis it would be that the last time we tried to leave Earth orbit something stopped them and told them to turn around. Whether that "something" came from Earth, Moon, other planets, or other dimensions is debatable. Now NASA is forced to play in the kiddie pool of lower Earth orbit and low-grav planes, lest they suffer intergalactic consequences. Perhaps these entities are the history-scrubbers we run up against in this forum...
I think the most important thing for them is finding someone willing to play a part the rest of their lives. Ability to lie indefinitely is more important than acting ability.

Casimir

Reactions
I have to wonder why NASA bothers putting a lot of this out there. Pictures I can understand, as that is cheap and easy propaganda. But why put these bad actors in front of a video camera? For the "f**k yeah science" crowd that NASA appeals to, they are just repeating the same crap over and over again. For the "f**k NASA" crowd, every video seems to offer another thread to tug on to unravel the whole NASA myth. This isn't the 70s anymore where taping over the originals is a legitimate excuse, this stuff stays in the ether in perpetuity.

For me, the debate isn't whether or not they are lying (they are), it is what are they covering up by lying? IMO, all these lies seem like too much to hide a simple black budget money funneling scam, or secret space program (militaries/private companies have plenty of money and ways to hide something like this already). If I had to place a hypothesis it would be that the last time we tried to leave Earth orbit something stopped them and told them to turn around. Whether that "something" came from Earth, Moon, other planets, or other dimensions is debatable. Now NASA is forced to play in the kiddie pool of lower Earth orbit and low-grav planes, lest they suffer intergalactic consequences. Perhaps these entities are the history-scrubbers we run up against in this forum...
These bad actors in front of a video camera are probably still beneficial: I bet there are, at most, 1/1000 able to point out confusing inconsistencies when viewing them. It's funny how the ability to see stars in space or not progresses with time in the video... lol. Neil looked SO uncomfortable with the question.

I really feel the same way about the debate here. They are clearly lying, or there wouldn't be as many inconsistencies. I get everyone has a brain fart every now and then, that is not what the pile of evidence against NASA suggests though. Same with most conspiracy flavored theories, circumstantial evidence gets less and less circumstantial as it piles higher and higher. Its funny how courts of law are pre-configured to the point where your circumstantial evidence could be known by the entire public but you're technically safe due to the nature of the evidence. I feel like its one of many built-in ways for the elite to cover their asses when sloppy.

Secret space pgm's and insidious economics to fund them are essentially a given to me. High level technology has been softly disclosed so well that people just can't believe how far ahead the govt (or mega influential institutions) could possibly be. It's wild how much money NASA spends on getting people to think a certain way when they look up. With how little we hear about it in recent history, I'm interested on what black projects are finding exploring the deepest depths of the ocean...

@milhaus I think that's a really good point, and it makes sense the academic rigmarole involved in making it to the very top like that- even qualifying for selection. You have to be smart, but smart for COMPLETELY different reasons.

trismegistus

Reactions
Secret space pgm's and insidious economics to fund them are essentially a given to me. High level technology has been softly disclosed so well that people just can't believe how far ahead the govt (or mega influential institutions) could possibly be. It's wild how much money NASA spends on getting people to think a certain way when they look up.
If NASA lies about their day to day operations this much, what makes you think that "soft disclosure" of high technology isn't also a lie? No doubt there are things that the military develops that are quite advanced, but does it really move the needle into truly high tech? I would argue that the military has successfully reverse engineered a UFO and have developed tech like transistors, kevlar, and camouflaging techniques. However, I think the fundamental tech behind the UFO phenomena (such as near instantaneous travel, the ability to manifest a screen memory, time warp, trans-dimensional communication) are unobtainable by the military no matter how much money they throw at it.

With how little we hear about it in recent history, I'm interested on what black projects are finding exploring the deepest depths of the ocean...
If we are running with the framework of "something we don't understand doesn't want us outside Earth orbit," I would also posit that the same goes for the deep ocean. That being said, I find the depths of the oceans much more fascinating than anything offworld.

I think the most important thing for them is finding someone willing to play a part the rest of their lives. Ability to lie indefinitely is more important than acting ability.
Totally agreed there. Only people that look into these videos with the explicit purpose of peeling apart the lies are going to notice the shoddy acting jobs, its hard to think that the average viewer would assume that NASA is lying whole cloth.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Obviously they are making this stuff up. The governing body for NASA goes way up. And it does not stop with NASA. The whole world Space programs are in on it. Which altimately means that all the governments are like a big NFL league where countries are teams.

One of the main questions is obviously “why”? What is out there, which would cause them to create this Space fairytale? What are they hiding?

Additionally, NASA’s movies can not cost too much. What are they really financing with 20 bil a year?

wizz33

Reactions
i think they are a roadblock to stop smart people from looking beyond rocket engines to one of the many anti-gravity solutions, and the CIA is the sword.

trismegistus

Reactions
Saw this article on Drudge this morning - - thought it would give everyone here a little chuckle.

“The thing that makes the HI-SEAS site good for [space simulations] is more about the isolation, the lack of visual stimulation, the lack of life outside the habitat,” she said. “Those are all things that the moon and Mars have in common.”
I wonder if we can find any lost looking rovers tooling around the volcanic landscape of Hawaii....

dreamtime

Reactions
When you have to preface your tweet with "this is real"... This goes well with Elon Musk's quote "It looks so fake because it's real".
When I look at it from their perspective, they are doing a remarkable job at keeping the secret to themselves. Some Freudian slips come through though, that's human nature.

Down deeply they want to inform their fellow humans, and this is the way it comes out, as it is suppressed. They have an internal monologue "So does this look real to others? It looks fake.", and in that tweet Gerst answers his own monologue with "Yes, this is real.", as he feels the need to justify his own doubts, and thus a lie slips through.

Those quotes show a small part of their own internal reasoning, which they try to avoid as much as possible.

trismegistus

Reactions
Late to the party, but...perhaps you should ask him why it doesn't matter to him, that we've all been lied to? :)
That's a great way of looking at this. I get this a lot from my friends too and I felt that the question isn't really a fair one.

Like, sure, the fact that NASA lies about everything doesn't explicitly affect my day to day life. Perhaps if I was trying to build a rocket to exit Earth's orbit these things would be more relevant to me, or if I was a financial institution in charge of approving government loans for projects I would want to know that it's not just being laundered away to some other area.

And it is not like I stand to benefit from knowing this stuff - - in the sense that I am actually putting myself in a position where I no longer find the mainstream explanation of space exploration and physics to quench my thirst for knowledge. I do not have an answer from my friends when they ask me "what do you think it really is then, that scientists wouldn't be able to figure out but you have?" Because while I have some guesses, they are not really much stronger than that. What benefit do I have of putting myself in a state of unknowing regarding a topic that has been claimed to have been "known" for the last 75 years?

It is the slippery slope logic of the issue that is the most important to me - - if they are lying about something as big as moon landings and space stations, where does the lying end? These are massive cultural icons and events we are talking about here, anyone who has had exposure to modern society "knows" the USA landed on the moon in 1969. If this is a fabrication (at worst, at best there was more to the moon landing that will never be revealed to the public) at the highest level, why would you believe anything that comes out of these people's mouths? The burden of proof is on NASA, and what do we get from them? Thousands of pictures and hours of footage "lost" or "taped over", petrified wood masquerading as moon rocks, and CG mockups of planets and constellations including Earth itself! I am not in the flat-earth camp, but with all of the inconsistencies and flat out lies I can at the very least empathize with those who may think the Earth is flat.

ArielFawcett

Reactions
That's a great way of looking at this. I get this a lot from my friends too and I felt that the question isn't really a fair one.

Like, sure, the fact that NASA lies about everything doesn't explicitly affect my day to day life. Perhaps if I was trying to build a rocket to exit Earth's orbit these things would be more relevant to me, or if I was a financial institution in charge of approving government loans for projects I would want to know that it's not just being laundered away to some other area.

And it is not like I stand to benefit from knowing this stuff - - in the sense that I am actually putting myself in a position where I no longer find the mainstream explanation of space exploration and physics to quench my thirst for knowledge. I do not have an answer from my friends when they ask me "what do you think it really is then, that scientists wouldn't be able to figure out but you have?" Because while I have some guesses, they are not really much stronger than that. What benefit do I have of putting myself in a state of unknowing regarding a topic that has been claimed to have been "known" for the last 75 years?

It is the slippery slope logic of the issue that is the most important to me - - if they are lying about something as big as moon landings and space stations, where does the lying end? These are massive cultural icons and events we are talking about here, anyone who has had exposure to modern society "knows" the USA landed on the moon in 1969. If this is a fabrication (at worst, at best there was more to the moon landing that will never be revealed to the public) at the highest level, why would you believe anything that comes out of these people's mouths? The burden of proof is on NASA, and what do we get from them? Thousands of pictures and hours of footage "lost" or "taped over", petrified wood masquerading as moon rocks, and CG mockups of planets and constellations including Earth itself! I am not in the flat-earth camp, but with all of the inconsistencies and flat out lies I can at the very least empathize with those who may think the Earth is flat.
The truth is, we've been lied to about everything, to some degree or another, starting with our origins and continuing on until today. It's a hard pill to swallow, and a hard burden to carry in this society, our simultaneous states of knowing and unknowing, especially because we have to hunt for the answers for ourselves and have had to start from scratch to piece it all together where it makes sense, whereas the Standard Issue Lie has been sold for hundreds of years to people who don't care about anything if it's not on tv.
I think it all does affect our everyday lives in more ways than we think. Being in a state of knowing that there is something WRONG just changes how we treat people, how we process and relay information, how we learn, how we live, it changes our interests and goals. Knowing the truth, that we've been lied to, no matter what the lie is (NASA, in this case), makes us who we are in this world, and we change with every new piece of information we stumble upon.
Heaven knows I don't benefit from any of this (other than satisfying my intellectual curiosity), considering how much of a recluse I've become in the past decade (from a social butterfly & performer), because of all I've learned once I got rid of my tv. I can't even really say that stimulating my intellect is much of a benefit, because the more I study, the more questions I have that are unanswered, and it just becomes this self-feeding thirst for knowledge that I can't seem to quench.

FE/RE, meh, I'm in the camp of, I have no earthly (haha) idea. I've seen compelling evidence for flat, but I've never seen it with my own eyes, and even if I did, would I believe it even then, considering the holographic and augmented reality tech available now?

trismegistus

Reactions

Saw this trending on Twitter...

Am I supposed to believe this picture?

This is apparently how it is supposed to land:

According to the mockups, there are landing thrusters that are supposed to engage for a clean landing. Where is the evidence of the displaced particles?

Think we could get a shot of the computer screens all these people are ostensibly working on? Are they afraid that if we do then countries will steal our trade secrets, or would we just see a bunch of people playing minesweeper and solitare?

I think this person is remiss in mentioning that we have a 100% success rate for moon landings...seems too good to be true, eh?

ArielFawcett

Reactions

This makes me cringe, I feel for them so much. These are not actors, they are men who are not proud of what they have done. They hang their heads and avoid eye contact, they pawn off questions on each other. Yes, they're Freemasons, but I feel they were being forced against their will to lie, they were sold the Lie(tm) and then once they passed all the tests, they were told the truth, and then likely threatened if they went against their masters. Only after that did NASA hire actors, because I'd think unless you're a professional actor, it's really hard to act proud when you're full of shame on behalf of the entire freaking world in what was supposed to be the biggest accomplishment in all of humankind.

CitizenShip

Reactions
Also we are told that nasa was built using the personas that were doing there very best to kill anything moved in europe, how about that for cog native diss onance!

These have been caught out so many times but i am still amazed that i bought it for so long(all that sci-fi as a kid).

This always makes me laugh

Tyrion

Reactions
I always though it was funny that people find Hollywood decadent but praise NASA at the same time, when the first produces better entertainment and fiction.