Inca Empire capital - Cusco in 1530s. Did it look European?

whitewave

Reactions
Scroll up to post #6 and click on it to see enlarged version.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Those are some crazy eyes you have. One dude is clearly missing there. There is an opinion that there is too much static (lack of motion) in the actually displayed statue. This one is much better. I did not even notice it, which makes me wonder what else we are missing there in the art of Piranesi.

romulus_statue.png

PrincepAugus

Reactions
Hmm, there's only one baby there? Shouldn't there be both A Romulus and a Remus?

Absyllyon

Reactions
We have too many items suggesting that they did. I am not even counting myths and legends here. Of course, you have to take into consideration the time frame those object were built. None of us enjoy complicating our own lives. So why do we think they enjoyed back then?

Who are those steps and door handles for? In addition to all the other things here: Possible books, weapons and musical instruments of the Giants

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I think the existence of giants, at least, in the past is pretty well substantiated by multiple sources which could be trusted way more than the official science.

At this point, at least to me, multiple european type structures in Americas in 15th century sound way more exciting :geek:

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
A little more info never hurts. Was simply contemplating that giants exist in folklore, legends, 1800s newspaper articles, etc. But this non-american building in Americas are bizarre.