I know where the trees went...

Onijunbei

Reactions
What is coal?
Coal - Wikipedia
Millions of years to make my ass, more like a hundred.
Especially if it's buried under mud, below adequate top soil, where most microorganisms that could dissolve it can't reach.
And for some strange reason, coal is plentiful.

Just another silly post from yours truly

SeVen

Reactions
Man-made items found embedded in coal.

This link mentions lots of interesting manmade items found in coal, but, this one is of particular interest -
"Consider, for instance, the coin an Englishman found imbedded in a lump of coal about 1900. It clearly bore the date 1397. Somehow, an object little more than 500 years old wound up inside a material supposedly formed millions of years ago.”
Erratic Enigmatics

1944 - West Virginia - Brass bell
"Obviously, a discovery like that of the bell would present a serious problem for the evolutionary timescales.”
Evolutionary timescale… assuming they are only referring to the bell-maker? The evolutionary timescale for the creation of the coal was probably not a consideration :)
Update on the Mysterious Bell Found in Coal | Genesis Park

1997 - Germany - Throwing spears
"Archaeologists from the University of Tubingen found eight additional spears from the Schöningen coal mine. They appear to have been mass produced. Like javelins, their center of gravity was balanced toward the front of each spear.”
Eight Spears Found in German Coal Mine

Maxine

Reactions
Can’t believe I used to listen to stuff like this.
Ikr, like some kind of magical cover TPTB's put on people long time ago suddenly started to break down in these few years, people have started to actually question things and realizing all that is going on in the world and what really is this world!