Holy Mother of God Church, Yeghvard, Kotayk Province of Armenia

Apollyon

Reactions
large_yeghvart-r..CP_5878.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 3.36.35 PM.jpg

392c94dfc45416c119190404d71f222b.jpg

So called Armenian architecture is very interesting.
While researching Romanian history I stumble upon the word "Aromanian". What I could pull up about them said that Aromanian's weren't exactly a group and didn't tend to separate themselves from the whole but were considered the "best" of which ever people they happened to be amongst.
"the Aromanians as the "best Albanians", "best Greeks" and "best Bulgarians", leading to researchers calling them the "chameleons of the Balkans"."
I only add this bit to facilitate discussion I don't have a clear relation between Aromanian's and Armenian architecture but it's all the same region and this stuff is wild, not only from a historical perspective but from a holo-fractal one as-well.

0harris0

Reactions
"make new words to replace the old ones, that'll confuse em" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

am i wrong or do those 3 pics of the church show it in 3 stages of being un-buried?

i'd say all that black staining is the maximum depth it was buried at

CitizenShip

Reactions
Couple of kirks around this area all in the same style, this pic is hilarious for me with the shed made from bits of old rubble stood next to the 6th century master works!

Google Maps
Post automatically merged:

Couple of kirks around this area all in the same style, this pic is hilarious for me with the shed made from bits of old rubble stood next to the 6th century master works!

Google Maps
Interesting background to this tiny little region

Yeghvard - Wikipedia

And the Biblical city of Yerevan is just down the road!

Yerevan - Wikipedia

Another old city that seems to have been future proofed for the use of motor vehicles with it's 8 lane highways!

Google Maps

Interesting background to this tiny little region

Yeghvard - Wikipedia

And the Biblical city of Yerevan is just down the road!

Yerevan - Wikipedia

Another old city that seems to have been future proofed for the use of motor vehicles with it's 8 lane highways!
Also an ancient fortress up on the hill with a colourful history and built by a god, city of yerevan, they supposedly celebrated 2750 years of history by building a museum for the anniversary.

In 1968 the Erebuni Museum of History was established. Its opening was timed to coincide with the 2750th anniversary of Yerevan. The museum houses items uncovered during the excavations at Arin Berd and Karmir Blur and gives a history of the site.

Erebuni Museum of History - Google Search:

Last edited:
OP
Apollyon

Apollyon

Reactions
It definitely seems it should go down much further. Architecturally speaking, it's off balance, it's too top-heavy. Any building that looks top heavy is a better sign of a cultural layer than sub-ground windows.
you think that looks wonky check these out

emirbayindirkumbeti1.jpg6c4c914f5e090496679fce6d06aa0cf3.jpgcifte_kumbet_ahlat_bitlis_1913.jpg

_монастырь (1).jpg
hs3-1.jpg
d5e7fcf480a63cbf083aa08a27b9779d.jpg

fig013.jpg

Last edited: