Hennessey advertisment: The Seven Worlds - Directed by Ridley Scott. What's it all about?

Juzzer

Reactions
Hey wonderful people, have you seen this new Ad for this Cognac brand yet?
Is it me, or does it have a sense of secret knowledge about it? Ridley Scott is renown for his knowledge of secrets after all..
What do you all make of it, do you think he's trying to tell us something again?
I’m getting a Anunakki feeling from this

Last edited:

whitewave

Reactions
I'm guessing the seven worlds are the flavors comprising the cognac? At the 0:23 mark is listed I Sweet Notes; at the 0:55 mark is listed II Rising Heat; at the 1:25 mark is III Spicy Edge; at the 1:50 mark is IV Flowing Flame; at the 2:17 mark is V Chocolate Evil; at the 2:50 mark is VI Woods Council (?); at the 3:26 mark is VII Infinite Echo.

Not sure what flavor infinite echo would be but I suppose overall the drink is sweet, warm spicy, with woody notes. Strange commercial for an alcoholic beverage.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
It definitely grabs one's attention, though, doesn't it? And it's one of the few commercials that isn't idiotic. It's actually creative and interesting. As for the whole "seven worlds" thing, maybe there is a deeper meaning, like there are more worlds with intelligent life out there, and they all make better wine than we do?

whitewave

Reactions
When they come out with Romulan ale then I'll try some.
I don't watch commercials (or much tv) but those really clever ones have the disadvantage that I can never remember what they're selling-I just remember how clever the advertising was. This will probably be added to that list.

OP
Juzzer

Juzzer

Reactions
It’s an expensive bottle to buy but my birthdays coming up maybe I’ll treat myself 😂

Ridley Scott is the director behind Aliens etc.. if you watch his movies now (Prometheus) He’s seems to be a keen fan of the Ancient mythologies..

There’s loads of information I can see it’s set on Jupiter, the miners are mining gold honey from the planet.. then we have these giants walking through sand, the next scene look like some sort of nano tech light creating humans, the we have an old guy lifting huge blocks of stone with his mind.. with the next scene we have what I can only see as conscious in the form of plantlife 🤔

It’s like one of my dreams after a full day of research and I still love watching it 😁😂

I almost forgot about the pilots zooming around the clouds of Jupiter.. 😬

Reminds me of this.. Inanna/Ishtar statue 😂

It maybe of no relevance either, but Ridley’s last film was The Martian featuring Matt Damon.. set on Mars would you have it. 😂

Makes me wonder, that’s 2 planets down.. is he going to do the other 5?

Last edited: