Gyro cars, trains and monowheels of the early 20th century

ScottFreeman

Reactions
Gyroscopic leveling would have been of great use to Zeppelins. Since we're never shown the actual explosion and ship's position I wonder if an internal gyroscopic failure could explain the Hindenburg's dive at the stern seen at the beginning of the associated video.

A gyroscope was one of those fun toys we were handed as kids but nobody visibly used them in anything that I could think of at the time. So much potential in one device to be so underutilized.

whitewave

Reactions
A gyroscope was one of those fun toys we were handed as kids but nobody visibly used them in anything that I could think of at the time. So much potential in one device to be so underutilized.
Before ToysRUs closed in our area I used to make it a point to go in from time to time and spend as long as necessary checking out their toys. You'd be surprised at what sort of cool gadgets are wrapped in cheap plastic and called "toys'. Often wondered if the toy version was the beta model before the adult version was to be released (if ever).

Did Zeppelins use gyroscopes?

ScottFreeman

Reactions
Did Zeppelins use gyroscopes?
That was one of the possibilities that occurred to me...since browsing this: Hindenburg: Was Zeppelin technology a threat to the 20th century?

As mentioned earlier, flight and high speed transportation had to be at or near the top of the tech tree for this period wouldn't it? I'd think then that the remaining few examples of their prowess (those potentially being the Hindenburg, certain early iron ships, earliest jet engines (I think the Axis powers were the remains of, or an attempt at a resurrection of, the old) potentially even a Nautilus) would all have some of the same tech tree and parts. Taking away one or several particular concepts might have been enough to change everything.

Timeshifter

Reactions
Man, when did everything get so damn ugly?

Look at 'modern' cars, furniture, architcture! Wow

All of these wonderous & beautiful (found?) Techologies and things.

Could we not replicate them? Did it come down to dollars, were they too expensive to mass produce, or just two dificult? Or did TPTB just think we did not deserve them? They didn't sit well alonside servitude?

It appears again as though as a species we have regressed not progressed, and we still are in awe of 100 plus year old tech (found or otherwise) presented as new...

😢

BrokenAgate

Reactions
There's all this tech-before-its-time popping up out of nowhere suddenly, stuff I've never heard of in my 50+ years of living. It's as if it has been hidden away, and now someone wants us to know about it, so we're suddenly being allowed to see this old home movie of a child riding in a monowheel. Where did this come from?

Maxine

Reactions
There's all this tech-before-its-time popping up out of nowhere suddenly, stuff I've never heard of in my 50+ years of living. It's as if it has been hidden away, and now someone wants us to know about it, so we're suddenly being allowed to see this old home movie of a child riding in a monowheel. Where did this come from?
I'm quite surprised that these last few years so many information coming out about the real truth that nobody saw before, something is major definitely gonna happend very soon, because so much truth being revealed in so little time to people is a sign of a coming Apocalypse, to get rid of TPTB's once and for all and after which the New Dawn of our human civilization will start!

wizz33

Reactions
I'm quite surprised that these last few years so many information coming out about the real truth that nobody saw before, something is major definitely gonna happend very soon, because so much truth being revealed in so little time to people is a sign of a coming Apocalypse, to get rid of TPTB's once and for all and after which the New Dawn of our human civilization will start!
yes The Great Awakening