Growing Rocks?

Feralimal

Reactions
I watched this 2 minute video and was intrigued:

Does anyone know if farmers really do have to perpetually clear rocks from their fields? Perhaps specific fields are different to others?

If this is true, at least in some cases, do we agree with the common narrative that stones are released from deeper underground, or is it possible that stones can form much more quickly than we realise? With the right conditions, can a stone 'grow', in the same sort of way as a salt crystal?

I'd like to know more on this - perhaps others can add their thoughts. It is interestingthough because if it is possible that stones can form quite quickly as a natural process, that has all sorts of repercussions. Eg it supports the idea that previous ages knew the formula to stone making, to the creation of Petra, to those cart tracks in stone, etc.

KD, I'm not sure if this is in the right place - please move as you see fit.

realitycheck

Reactions
I read about growing stones in Romania long time ago and had same conclusion as author of article that Korben linked - that must be some form of inorganic life form, same as moving rocks in California and very likely those rocks from video Feralimal linked... and possibly there are more examples of "mystery rocks".

To me it was funny at first to read explanations / theories from official science as most don't make any sense and can easily be disputed, but now this like this sadden me as there are signs there that we are dealing with inorganic life and scientists that should be happy about this finding and work on way to understand it (and who know what breakthroughs can come from that) - instead they are trying to force it in little boxes of what they know and ignore parts they don't like and can't explain.

They are determining if something is alive or not by comparing it with organic life - let me ask this - Why it should be similar? We do not know even know how inorganic life should look like (I mean in a way that organic life has cells) or function, so we do not know what to search for. Rocks like these and crystals have some signs that it could be life - they grow, they reproduce. Why official science that should be open to everything and question everything is always ignores or mock things that do not fit in their little boxes of what they already know and try to look outside to new findings, if we explain everything only with knowledge that we already have there can never be progress...

Drifted away a little but point is - if some rocks are life forms maybe there is a way they can be guided to grow in specific shape as trees and fruits today, maybe not with force but with frequencies or some other way, and quarry could be just place where "seeds" are taken from...

Japod

Reactions
I watched this 2 minute video and was intrigued:

Does anyone know if farmers really do have to perpetually clear rocks from their fields? Perhaps specific fields are different to others?

If this is true, at least in some cases, do we agree with the common narrative that stones are released from deeper underground, or is it possible that stones can form much more quickly than we realise? With the right conditions, can a stone 'grow', in the same sort of way as a salt crystal?

I'd like to know more on this - perhaps others can add their thoughts. It is interestingthough because if it is possible that stones can form quite quickly as a natural process, that has all sorts of repercussions. Eg it supports the idea that previous ages knew the formula to stone making, to the creation of Petra, to those cart tracks in stone, etc.

KD, I'm not sure if this is in the right place - please move as you see fit.
There is a cinderblock at the end of the vid. I wonder how that got there.

OP
Feralimal

Feralimal

Reactions
There is a cinderblock at the end of the vid. I wonder how that got there.
Yep - good spot! I noticed that too when I re-watched it yesterday. I don't think that block grew! Maybe they were clearing a rubbish patch tho? But it does look suspicious..

So maybe the video is pulling our legs. It's absolutely possible that they could have scattered these rocks for the film shoot. On the other hand, it does also look like a well worked field - ie that the quantity of rocks they are finding would have been cleared historically. And some of the other videos being shared are even more convincing.

Hence my confusion and my asking whether this is really a thing for some farmers. Perhaps in certain areas farmers really are re-clearing their fields of rocks. I don't know.. I was hoping that someone who has personal experience might share something.