Grand Unified Architectural Style: Antique Africa

Apollyon

Reactions
I was first introduced to this idea maybe 3 years ago by the wonderful Silvia Ivanowa of new earth fame. She kept saying stuff like " one single architectural style on every continent" but she never really had the images to back it up. Right before watching her show I had just purchased magicians of the gods so I was open to the idea of a world spanning civilization. I never finished the book because I quickly realized that what really needed attention wasn't some 12,000 years ago civilization but one much more recent. So I set out to better understand what exactly she was getting at. I created r/historicalstreetview to aggregate examples of this anomaly. Most all of these examples are explained away by the mainstream history as colonial architecture but does it fit? They want us to believe that before building homes, roads or public services and hospitals they had to build these ornate government buildings? And completely forget to do any landscaping at all? Usually colonial style architecture is presented as much more crude, utilitarian and practical than the examples i've gathered, like this image

zFW9Bd9.jpg
not this image
9JVRrb3.jpg

Nairobi Kenya
Y8ZsQnD.jpg

0wag80z.jpg2jX9rQc.jpg3daO9M5.jpg4f8KC10.jpg4N8jcVw.jpg6QLNJvL.jpg6WqjxDg.jpg89YL1v4.jpgC9cRYGX-1.jpgCRfOgAy.jpgDndbHZS.jpgdowR3BD.jpgIVBv2Wf.jpgjOsDn3B.jpgLLoHLcM.jpgp1xQKdV.jpgphcwDQE.jpgqAsXE2H.jpgSAYCfnG.jpgv6vuk7g.jpgvnBcH1R.jpgZ891s9e.jpgzfCh9h5.jpg

Algeria
UHbxifk.jpg

Bp9UZpZ.jpg4RSJStc.jpgBfciwR5.jpgDp3rCwn.jpgE9qW3qe.jpgEKmJZh8.jpggeuDNXd-1.jpgoGTKVDm.jpgpq4rJaW.jpgQYXbnBy.jpgYW7BUU8.jpgGoR4Y5A.jpggZbkJef.jpgR68AHCK.jpg

Alexandria Egypt

R44ZjX9.jpg

Alexandria,_Consuls_Square_1900.jpg22675-78708.jpg22675-78725.jpg22675-78731.jpg

South Africa
SUangGMGWECuq8rznlqALs_oy9Rl0Vrz4KSAO1m4Aj4.jpg

GwWkt6Kl.jpgzKtpyZG.jpgXR7NFDX.jpg6593194659_ce9d4fddfb_b.jpg6593194775_3418c26737_b.jpgThe-Raadzaal-1889.jpgUnion Buildings and Gardens 1920 - via ARRA.pngQhQXp9l.jpgWeUHlbW (1).jpg

Tanzania

A. C. Gomes Panorama circa 1902.jpg

IAA106088.jpgCoutinho J B Collection1 Birds eye view .jpgDar_es_Salaam_in_1930s.jpgdar4.jpgmap3.jpgmap9.jpgmap10.jpgmap38 (1).jpgAnglican Cathedral Zanzibar.jpgCapital Art Studio.  Stone Town Arch.jpgcbcda836ef9caf93c12fe27de5f35679.jpgDeLord. Photo Studio.jpg

Senegal
3S5pYna.jpg

nlRBlKF.jpgOXGc8NV.jpg6580aace-5edf-4a38-892b-3c94a02231f9.jpgdakar_palais_du_gouvernement_gecc81necc81ral.jpgeadc1fe10d5a52ae3bb8b8c9be2ab3d0.jpg45bcc1ca553700ae9b76badb4fd068e3.jpg

Madagascar
SSt6XLN.jpg

ob_177d5c_1908.jpgob_7c71e4_andafiavaratra.jpgob_0ddf56_2003.jpgob_61fd3a_soarano2.jpgob_91c5a9_ambohitsorohitra.jpgob_6858cf_andohalo.jpgob_737107_1950.jpgob_d6b3b5_cathedrale.jpgob_f59e78_antaninarenina.jpg

Mozambique
rBxJ7aG.jpg

lm-estac3a7c3a3o-cflm-d-spanos.jpgMaputo_train_station_01.jpgescola-industrial-oud.jpgobras-publicas-oud.jpgavenida-oud.jpgschool-oud.jpgmarket-house-oud.jpg

Morocco Casablanca

55b8f09cc93ad12c81866905a2c809f1.jpg

I want to point something out. The image seller I got this from says this is 1900-1910 but the women's fashion is from much latter, notice the knee length skirts which didn't become popular until the war time rationing of WW2-the Korean war.

38256787.jpgCasablanca-Morocco-Early-1900s-Views-Lot-3.jpgAK-Casablanca-le-boulevard-de-la-Gare-anime-d-automobiles-et-de-passants-un-attelage.jpgaerial-view-of-boulevard-de-la-gare-casablanca-morocco-date-circa-K07RBT.jpgBoulevard_de_la_gare_Ann_®es_1920.jpgboulevard-de-la-gare-casablanca-morocco-date-circa-1915-k07rct.jpg173386938-1024x1024.jpgcasa-angle-boulevard-de-la-gare-et-rue-roget.jpg3046713495_536dea6aee_b.jpgcasablanca-le-boulevard-de-la-gare-horse-drawn-carriage-train-station-JF9006.jpgcasablanca42-620x413.jpgcasablanca52-620x413.jpg1975753.jpg538999.jpg1920px-Casa_didier55_019.jpgCasa_old.jpg

In closing I think I did end up proving Silvia's notion of a one world style. As for what it means i'm not 100 percent certain. What is clear is that there has been a mass effort, a mass delusion if you will, regarding anti colonial sentiment, in which huge swaths of priceless, durable architecture around the world has been systematically torn down and replaced with architecture that wont last 50 years.

Related links:
Star shaped cities, towns, and forts as evidence of the unified world of the recent past
Similar style buildings are all over the world. Were they built by our civilization?
"Antique World". Alternative title; "Grand unified architectural style"

Last edited:

Verity

Reactions
Nik Research did some work on the same subject a few years back and I came away with no doubt of a global empire too. Its architecture can still found in Asia, India, South/Pacific in places and South America too.

Regarding the durable architecture being replaced- it's happening here in the semi-rural southern hemisphere. Handsome old stone buildings are literally discarded as new f'ugly state-of-(whose dark?)-art are being celebrated.

Modern buildings go up like matchsticks. This could be taken two ways- the initial build is all wood- matchstick buildings. But intending to mean they becomes flaming matchsticks when set alight. Good-bye information/papers/history therein, and hello 'economy-boosting' rebuild.
I'm starting to wonder if the so-called "smart meters" have a part to play in this. An easy remote-ignition switch or something. New buildings are (so toxic and) so incredibly flammable.
Stone endures. Unless earthquake fault lines or volcanos are disturbed. (Apparently haarp/dew can do that.) And even then they tend to stand a great deal of it.

Deejay

Reactions
Excellent post thanks!

I am located in Pretoria, South Africa. The location on Google maps is Church Square, Pretoria.

I've never seen this picture before and I have lived here my entire life. Amazing.

6593194659_ce9d4fddfb_b.jpg
So post-flood that beautiful fountain was replaced with this fake-history low-grade ugly-ass statue of Paul Kruger. That was the apartheid version, it has been modified since.

67301567.jpg

I'm sure you know about this one, The "Castle" of Good Hope in Cape Town:

castle4.jpg

Last edited:

Verity

Reactions
The Pentagon would be a modified star fort..? Anyone looked in to that?

Last edited:

BStankman

Reactions
Amazing stuff.
Photographic evidence that Africa was deliberately changed from a classical place to a "dark continent" of misery, starvation, and genocide.

Is this not what is happening in Europe today?

noblewish

Reactions
Nik Research did some work on the same subject a few years back and I came away with no doubt of a global empire too. Its architecture can still found in Asia, India, South/Pacific in places and South America too.

Regarding the durable architecture being replaced- it's happening here in the semi-rural southern hemisphere. Handsome old stone buildings are literally discarded as new f'ugly state-of-(whose dark?)-art are being celebrated.

Modern buildings go up like matchsticks. This could be taken two ways- the initial build is all wood- matchstick buildings. But intending to mean they becomes flaming matchsticks when set alight. Good-bye information/papers/history therein, and hello 'economy-boosting' rebuild.
I'm starting to wonder if the so-called "smart meters" have a part to play in this. An easy remote-ignition switch or something. New buildings are (so toxic and) so incredibly flammable.
Stone endures. Unless earthquake fault lines or volcanos are disturbed. (Apparently haarp/dew can do that.) And even then they tend to stand a great deal of it.
Totally agree. In regards to earthquakes, the really old structures were actually pretty earthquake proof in their design due to polygonal masonry. And the even older stuff was carved (or molded?) from single giant blocks of stone or just straight up bedrock.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
All this resemblance suggests one common origine of designs, i.e. school. Looking into single buildings I noticed that the “influence” was usually produced by one particular school in France.

École des Beaux-Arts - Wikipedia

Where else do we see this similarity in todays life? I think it’s cars, and residential houses. All of them are made from prefabricated parts.

asatiger1966

Reactions
The Pentagon would be a modified star fort..? Anyone looked in to that?
I took a look, it appears to have been built in a swamp, or unused land.
In looking at the Pentagon there seems to be a number of star forts that are called Pentagonal shape, and never mention the words " Star Fort ". why would that be?

RowOfEleven

Reactions
As someone who has little to no real knowledge of architecture, can we prove, in any case, that these buildings couldn't have been built by colonialists? This is the real question to answer, at least for conversations I have with friends and family. This is always what they bring up to refute any ideas I present about this Grand Unified Style.

Perhaps there are historical records we can access that help. Things like population of any given area when the buildings were erected. If there aren't enough people to build, then perhaps they didn't build at all. I know that Korben has looked into this specifically with (iirc) San Francisco's rebuilding after one of their great fires.

Maybe we should pick one area to start with and see what all of us can come up with?

Deejay

Reactions
As someone who has little to no real knowledge of architecture, can we prove, in any case, that these buildings couldn't have been built by colonialists? This is the real question to answer, at least for conversations I have with friends and family. This is always what they bring up to refute any ideas I present about this Grand Unified Style.

Perhaps there are historical records we can access that help. Things like population of any given area when the buildings were erected. If there aren't enough people to build, then perhaps they didn't build at all. I know that Korben has looked into this specifically with (iirc) San Francisco's rebuilding after one of their great fires.

Maybe we should pick one area to start with and see what all of us can come up with?
As far as I am aware it's not possible to prove a negative.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
As far as I am aware it's not possible to prove a negative.
Prove it! Lol

No, not in a general sense, but within defined parameters, sure you can.

Unfortunately finding the proper data points is a challenge in itself. And to expect that data to rule anything out might be expecting too much. Still, worth looking in to.

CyborgNinja

Reactions
Where else do we see this similarity in todays life? I think it’s cars, and residential houses. All of them are made from prefabricated parts.
Yes the "kit set" theory. The idea that these far flung areas of the globe ordered buildings out of a catalog. The parts were then shipped from Europe or where ever the factories were and then assembled on site.

Youtuber FENDAP or "Flat earth nation" as it is known speculated that much of the capitol buildings of the United states were bought and delivered out of a catalog and the money required to place the orders was credited to the newly established incorporated governments by the companies back in Europe thus providing an excuse for accounts of massive debt to be set up. If that makes any sense.

-I'm sure east India company did the deliveries if his theory is true. It does help explain the absence of industrial estates that would be required to fabricate these components. None of which seem to have existed in the colonies.

It's pretty far fetched but just another thing to keep in the back of your mind.

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
Challenge accepted! :p

How would you go about proving that a pear is not an apple?
Easy, define some parameters. There will be no absolute definitions. Everything is relative, but for practical purposes you can rule things out.

On topic, if we find there was only 1 brick factory in all of north America, and they only produced 50 bricks a day, and there were no imports of bricks, then we can safely say the buildings weren't built by those people.

In practice, the info is scarce, much would have to be interpolated, and there would be such a large margin of error/feasability, that it would be likely inconclusislve. Still don't hurt to try.