Gog and Magog in northeastern Tartaria

sonoman

Reactions
reading this: Dragon Society - Real History, Dragon Philosophy and The Importance of Royal Bloodlines

found an unexpected mention of the gogs:
"The Tractatus pulcherrimus referred to him as ‘king of kings’ rex regnum. He combined spiritual authority with regal power... Yet essentially, ‘Prester John’ is only a title and a name, which designates not a given individual but rather a function. Thus in Wolfram von Eschenbach and in the Titurel we find ‘Prester John’ as a title; the Grail, as we will see, indicates from time to time the person who must become Prester John. Moreover, in the legend, ‘Prester John’ designates one who keeps in check the people of Gog and Magog, who exercises a visible and invisible dominion , figuratively, dominion over both natural and invisible beings, and who defends the access of his kingdom with ‘lions’ and ‘giants.’ In this kingdom is also found the ‘fountain of youth.’"
FWIW

0harris0

Reactions
Zeus with an army of divine-allies, made war on the Titanes and cast them into the pit of Tartaros (Tartarus).

There are many explanations of what (or who) Tartarus is, or was but...

Tartaros was secured with a surrounding wall of bronze set with a pair of gates guarded by the hundred-handed Hekatonkheires.

It just could be that this wall was no regular man made object, and the Gog and Magog are not our regular beings.
absolutely fantastic post mate!! tartaros/ tartaria?

but then if the wall is a metaphysical metaphor, for a veil of perception, and speaking more of dimensional/"non-terrestrial" concepts then that blows my mind just a little bit :alien:

this whole thread is lovely, I've sure got some reading to do!! thanks so much for the content everyone :D

sonoman

Reactions
Tartaros was secured with a surrounding wall of bronze set with a pair of gates guarded by the hundred-handed Hekatonkheires.
found another mention of Tataros on a an ancient greek esoteric site:
Most obviously there are the macrocosmic manifestations of the Elements, for example, the land, the sea, the sky and the sun. They are also connected with the sublunary spheres: Heaven, Earth, Abyss (the subterranean water) and Tartaros (the subterranean fire).
The Elements: Introduction

and also:
Demeter and Persephone are called "The Khthoniai," and Khthôn is a name of the Earth Goddess. Her special realm is dark Tartarus, which stands opposite to shining Olympus, ruled by Kronos. Tartarus is the hidden region of dark Primordial Matter, the Foundation of Existence. The Black, Dark, Obscure Earth (Khthôn or Gaia Melaina) was proverbial in ancient Greek.
Pherekydes gives the names Zas and Khthoniê to the first Gods after the God of Unending Time. She is the Dark Queen of Tartarus, the Goddess of chaotic Primordial Matter; He the King of Olympus, who hurls transforming Lightning Bolts. But marriage domesticates Them. Acting as Divine Craftsman, Zas weaves a wedding gift, the "Gift for the Unveiling" (Anakaluptêrion), a Variegated Robe (Pharos), which is adorned with the ordered world (the Cosmos, for Kosmos means good order, arrangement, adornment). After it has covered the bed on Their wedding night, He wraps it around Khthoniê, and thus She becomes Gaia, the Goddess of the living Earth. (A lost Orphic scripture is called The Robe.)
Summary of Pythagorean Theology II: Goddesses
doesnt have much todo with the topic, just found it comparatively interesting.

Last edited:

ShemTov

Reactions
about 800bc, sheets of bronze started showing up in southern greece and unless they have found the industrial production areas lately, then they cannot explain where they came from. the greeks of course made helmets, breastplates and shields etc. for the entire army with it.

about 700 years before that the halstatt celts started making bronze spiral arm bands that before processing had similarly been huge sheets of bronze. i would guess the celts found the bronze wall of tartarus and the greeks decided they wanted it. the resulting war was the real trojan war and lead to the flight of the seapeoples from places like iarcuri.

its all supposition of course but obviously much of mythology is true history.

GMX04.jpg

peace

ps. i think that the huge amount of ancient soot in the soil of central europe might indicate bronze production.

Last edited:

TameMaori

Reactions
I am viewing this map on the British Library website and opening it in full screen. I can only read the larger print and I have given myself a headache trying to read the smaller print. I found the area you directed me to but that's it. Also, I am unfamiliar with this famous gate?

Anyway, I agree with your comment about the church and the remoteness of Gog and Magog. I also agree that there seems to be conflicting information being floated around about Tartaria. I don't think they were giants either so we seem to have a crucial piece of the puzzle missing.
To stay on point (of the thread) is the Gog and Magog on the map above the same as was mentioned in Revelations? It struck me that they are in the top right corner of a round map that has been rolled out flat. But the more I think about that sentence, "...and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war" the more I think Gog and Magog must be referring to something other than nations that are in the 4 corners of the earth.
The few remaining tartan clad mummies in China were large even by today’s standards, men averaging 7ft and the women 6.4. To many in the day maybe they were giant.

OP
J

JustWow

Reactions
Just a thought with which I go to sleep now, because here it is very late at night, what if the 1000 year old Friedensreich was already, and we are in the time in which Satan was released a second time. The Millennial Kingdom of Peace with Jesu as righteous and with him all the raptures from the first resurrection, or rapture, which are the time of these beautiful monumental buildings as well as on these ancient paintings.
That would explain another civilization before ours.
that's exactly what I thought!!!!
Post automatically merged:

What if the god of the old testament is not who we thought he was and in fact is the opposite? What if "he" made promises to a certain people to do his bidding and they have been every since? And when a certain time has passed (a thousand years), the "good guy" will be freed to banish the bad ones...
I ma just saying that we are all talking about history being written by the winners- so why not the Bible too? So if you are the "bad guy", you have 1000 years to tell everyone that the good guy is Satan and when he comes back- don't believe him!
Maybe in the verse below, it originally read "...Which are in ONE of the 4 corners..."
“And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down out of heaven, and devoured them” (Revelation 20:7-9 — ASV).

Check out the map attached.

I just realized that I totally messed up what I said- I was sick and on meds is my excuse! I was trying to say that I felt like the bad guy has been in charge of this world and refers to his competition as Satan. But that it is really the god that most of us pray to that has everything messed up. It is so confusing because the goodness of Jesus is thrown in the mix! I don't know how to explain it - I just got the flu again so...
Post automatically merged:

Just a thought with which I go to sleep now, because here it is very late at night, what if the 1000 year old Friedensreich was already, and we are in the time in which Satan was released a second time. The Millennial Kingdom of Peace with Jesu as righteous and with him all the raptures from the first resurrection, or rapture, which are the time of these beautiful monumental buildings as well as on these ancient paintings.
That would explain another civilization before ours.
yes- I think that sounds possible.

Last edited:

moriyah

Reactions
What if the god of the old testament is not who we thought he was and in fact is the opposite? What if "he" made promises to a certain people to do his bidding and they have been every since? And when a certain time has passed (a thousand years), the "good guy" will be freed to banish the bad ones...
I ma just saying that we are all talking about history being written by the winners- so why not the Bible too? So if you are the "bad guy", you have 1000 years to tell everyone that the good guy is Satan and when he comes back- don't believe him!
Maybe in the verse below, it originally read "...Which are in ONE of the 4 corners..."
“And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down out of heaven, and devoured them” (Revelation 20:7-9 — ASV).

Check out the map attached.

Just Wow, generally I would say you are correct, but, there are some 20,000 recognized errors in the KJV including the 6,820 replacements of Yahweh with GOD, God or Lord. It would help if you create a new thread for Magog and I will watch it for sure. I was looking at Magog on two Tartary maps today and rereading the Bible references for the 20th time at least. I'm not sure of my way around this site yet but will be glad to contribute maps and materials on Tartary amongst other subjects. Magog is supposed to be the grandson of Noah and I have read other references stating Noah was the first Tartar but then we know the Scythians are involved too. Did they precede or follow or amalgamate with the Tartarian confederacy?