Glass making in ancient Israel

whitewave

Reactions
The Hebrew translation is interesting as it mentions Solomon making transparent glass. Supposedly, while glass and glass making had been around for a while, transparent glass was not invented until the 15th century. Hmmm.

Timeshifter

Reactions
Accidently discovered it....hmm

For part of my academic research into the real history of photography I have dicovered that Mainstream academia would have us believe they can trace artificially manufactured and modified by man since around 5000 BC (Rassmuson 2012) The 1st accepted reference to the use of a lens is in the play ‘The Clouds’ by Aristophanes in 423AD (Hickie 2013) with further advancement in lens design leading to spectacles being utilised in Italy around 1290 (Glick et al 2005)

We then experience a huge gap in refinement with in late 1668 Isaac Newton building his first reflecting telescope.

Short version, this is all made up as historians go along... For 7000 years read probably 700 years...

tupperaware

Reactions
Accidently discovered it....hmm

For part of my academic research into the real history of photography I have dicovered that Mainstream academia would have us believe they can trace artificially manufactured and modified by man since around 5000 BC (Rassmuson 2012) The 1st accepted reference to the use of a lens is in the play ‘The Clouds’ by Aristophanes in 423AD (Hickie 2013) with further advancement in lens design leading to spectacles being utilised in Italy around 1290 (Glick et al 2005)

We then experience a huge gap in refinement with in late 1668 Isaac Newton building his first reflecting telescope.

Short version, this is all made up as historians go along... For 7000 years read probably 700 years...
Sometimes I wonder if the "Gods" make bets on when certain techno-milestones appear like the first lens or stick of dynamite. Whole worlds could be won and lost based on our techno-prowness. There supposedly are worlds made of diamond.