KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Game of Thrones

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2011-04-17

Creator: David Benioff, D. B. Weiss

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Iain Glen, Alfie Allen, Liam Cunningham, John Bradley, Conleth Hill, Aidan Gillen, Gwendoline Christie, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kristofer Hivju, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jacob Anderson, Jerome Flynn, Rory McCann

Overview: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Friction between the houses leads to full-scale war. All while a very ancient evil awakens in the farthest north. Amidst the war, a neglected military order of misfits, the Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and icy horrors beyond.

Last edited:
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Any opinions on these series?

I wonder if the Wall and the White Walkers have any possible relation with the real world of ours...

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Well, Martin’s productivity is unreal. I think there are ideas coming from elsewhere.

The Wall, and the White Walkers, WWW of a kind, could have biblical proportions if there were real objects matching the ones from the fantasy world.

The wall

2971F4E1-C205-4F07-94FA-0CB668256DFA.jpeg

19FDE60D-5B31-4A22-B21B-5584F440BBF8.jpeg2062A761-A8C6-4348-BCA4-1EB2E4C2EFA0.gif
The White Walkers I don’t know. May be dormant nephilim, or whatever could be alive out there. The book of Enoch mentioned some imprisoned fallen angels, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitewave

Reactions
Could be. We have no idea what's there. Well, WE don't; I'm sure someone does. Wonder if it might be something along the lines of this? Between the 5th and 6th trumpet, 2/3's of humanity gets killed. Sounds like some sort of poison that torments you for several months but doesn't kill. I used to think the "locusts" were helicopters (breastplates of iron, sting in their tail-machinegun fire) but I could never reconcile the hair like a woman's. The face of a man on the locusts could just be a paint job. Painting scary faces on your aerial vehicles was a pretty common event in Vietnam. Can't imagine what the hair like a woman's would be, though.

Hardy

Reactions
In general i see occult hints on every 'known to me Level' in Hollywood movies and that is really weird.
I do not really like Games of thrones but the Intro is very interesting.
They clearly promote the concave Earth model and there is the popping out of Architecture like a machinerie .
This archtitecture thing is disturbing considering 'our' reflections to the theme.
Our reflections in inverted commas because without this Forum
i never would have seen it so clearly

PrincepAugus

Reactions
Could be. We have no idea what's there. Well, WE don't; I'm sure someone does. Wonder if it might be something along the lines of this? Between the 5th and 6th trumpet, 2/3's of humanity gets killed. Sounds like some sort of poison that torments you for several months but doesn't kill. I used to think the "locusts" were helicopters (breastplates of iron, sting in their tail-machinegun fire) but I could never reconcile the hair like a woman's. The face of a man on the locusts could just be a paint job. Painting scary faces on your aerial vehicles was a pretty common event in Vietnam. Can't imagine what the hair like a woman's would be, though.
Hair of a woman? Heat exhaust?

BStankman

Reactions
Well, Martin’s productivity is unreal. I think there are ideas coming from elsewhere.
Agreed. I think he has been fed some predictive programming ideas like Gene Roddenberry.
For some reason we will need to know soon, that there is only death beyond the wall.

Edit: Also free men live beyond the wall but time has run out for them. If they do not give up their freedom and come back to a feudal system, they will die.

Is that the true purpose of the flat earth movement? To end the illusion of freedom in our mind state, and put us back in a feudal mind state?
Not sure yet.

Last edited:

OtterD

Reactions
The 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series of novels on which the TV series is based have tons more elements of interest here. The Long Night - the Apocalyptic Winter brought on by the Others/White Walkers has numerous conflicting timelines in the novels themselves. According to various characters and legends told within the story the event could have occurred anywhere from 8000 to 5000 years before the novels.
There are architectural anomalies including the base of the Hightower, a building in Oldtown (as shown in the 'clockwork open' is made of a fused black stone, that seemingly existed before any humans came to Westeros. The First Men supposedly did not build round towers, and that architectural feature was not introduced until the arrival of the Andals, a second wave of humans to Westeros, except that several major and ancient castle in the story have round towers. Westeros, before men arrived was populated with the hobbit/elf like Children of the Forest, and Giants.

The figures (described in legends in the books) who battled to end the original Long Night, Azor Ahai, Nissa Nissa and the Last Hero share significant elements with other figures who supposedly existed after the Long Night ended and in other cases long before the Long Night. There are also hints that there is a cosmic event/possible impact event as an element of the Long Night. Some of these elements are commented on by characters in the story (some is left to the reader to puzzle out), so a lost history and confused chronology (of an apocalyptic event) is a major theme in the novels, that is not really found in the TV show. We also have lost technology in Valyrian Steel and the glass candles (allowing sight and communication over vast differences).

I think Martin is telling us that comparative mythology is one key to understanding where we come from, and that myths and legends can survive apocalyptic events where records may be lost. Those common elements shared among cultures can reveal real figures, and real history, even if only as a rough framework.

tupperaware

Reactions
Hopi ant people from their underground lairs causing depopulation a couple hundred years ago and earlier would be the equivalent of the White Walkers. Maybe the ant people are slave traders for yet another strange race underground. Like everything else there there would be good and evil ant people.
The Ant People of the Hopi

The Hopi legend could imply the Hopi's merely received inspiration from ants during cataclysmic times to go underground and store food but that would also imply there might have been substantial numbers of humans that remained underground.

The Hopi ant people could also just be altered humans that stayed underground during earlier worldwide disasters.

The Hollow Earth Theory; Does Agartha Really Exist?

trismegistus

Reactions
I have more of a meta-commentary about GoT; namely regarding Conspiracies. If you haven't watched the show I suppose there would be spoilers in this post, read at your discretion.

I often use GoT as an example when talking to people and the topic of a conspiracy comes up (usually after my third beer :LOL:). Part of the appeal of GoT is the political machinations for ruler of Westeros (at least for the first few seasons), that the only way to take the throne is to do so through deception, cunning, and a master plan of sorts. This is usually accomplished through secret meetings, generally walking through a garden or in a dark, dreary strategy room. These are by definition conspiracies. The White Walkers? Conspiracy theory. Dragons returning? Conspiracy theory. Killing the king? Conspiracy.

Why is it so easy for people to buy conspiracies unfolding on a fictional TV show but outright dismiss any real world implications of a conspiracy? It is a strange bit of cognitive dissonance that so much of today's media involves conspiracies, yet everyone seems to be resistant to the idea that real conspiracies to power, control, and divisiveness are out there. Perhaps this is by design?

Secondly, I do quite like the idea of the similarities between The Wall and Antarctica, as well as White Walkers and Nephilim. I wouldn't be surprised if the endgame for the show is a reveal that there is a cosmic reason for the White Walkers tearing down The Wall, and the merging of Man and Nephilim.

freezetime26

Reactions
Why is it so easy for people to buy conspiracies unfolding on a fictional TV show but outright dismiss any real world implications of a conspiracy? It is a strange bit of cognitive dissonance that so much of today's media involves conspiracies, yet everyone seems to be resistant to the idea that real conspiracies to power, control, and divisiveness are out there. Perhaps this is by design?
I think people dismiss conspiracies because they refuse to believe that people in power are evil for some reason, i mean, they dont reject the idea of the president, for example, raising taxes for x reason, helping x company statising their debt, or stealing money from the people. But, when you tell them that the president is just a pawn of the big banks and corporations, that the CIA is conspiring against the people, that the world is controlled by few families or you tell them that some science needs revisionism (Such as the evolution as an example) this clashes with their way of seeing the world (The just world fallacy). I always tell people, "In human history every king, ruler, or a group of people at some point conspired against the other to get power, money and property, have lied and waged wars to the benefit of a few, have killed innocent people and exterminated entire populations just because they refused to be indoctrinated, what makes you think they stopped doing that? God knows why they somehow stopped doing this in the 20th century". Other reason, is because they probably acknowledge this at some point, but they feel powerless, so they dont act accordingly or do anything about it, the first and second world war managed to get rid of those brave and based men and women who were smart and aware enough to be a problem for this new world order, there is a Spanish history revisionist who talks about this, his name is Pedro Varela.

trismegistus

Reactions

Perhaps this scene is reminiscent of some relevant threads here at Stolen History... sometimes glimpses into the collective unconscious can come through the writing of fictional media, at least that's what Jung would say.
they probably acknowledge this at some point, but they feel powerless, so they dont act accordingly or do anything about it, the first and second world war managed to get rid of those brave and based men and women who were smart and aware enough to be a problem for this new world order
It takes a lot of humility and objectivity to come to the conclusion that most everything in the society that brought you up is a lie, seems in these early days of waking up it takes a special kind of someone to willingly look past the veil of modern comforts into the depths of our reality. At least in the GoT world the plebs have physical proof of their conspiracies, such as a dragon destroying a city or white walkers at the wall. In our world these things aren't as easy to come by, and require some digging.

freezetime26

Reactions
View attachment 14998

Perhaps this scene is reminiscent of some relevant threads here at Stolen History... sometimes glimpses into the collective unconscious can come through the writing of fictional media, at least that's what Jung would say.
It takes a lot of humility and objectivity to come to the conclusion that most everything in the society that brought you up is a lie, seems in these early days of waking up it takes a special kind of someone to willingly look past the veil of modern comforts into the depths of our reality. At least in the GoT world the plebs have physical proof of their conspiracies, such as a dragon destroying a city or white walkers at the wall. In our world these things aren't as easy to come by, and require some digging.
Im not saying that nowadays people are cowards, but modern society divided us, we dont have a ultimate purpose, the modern economic system keep us occupied with barely little time to do what we want, we are constantly bombarded by propaganda so we dont know what is true anymore. I was saying that people back then were more aware of the tricks of the elite (Mainly because christianity i think), and media at least wasnt fake news like nowadays.

sonoman

Reactions
I dont watch enter tain ment, I only know about it because its more pervasive than second hand smoke lol but this is one of those programs that seems to be used as public notice/disclosure (legal notice/administrative procedure). at least I get that feeling from what others say about it and I know they use this stuff like they used newspapers back in the early days.

we used to be more special but these last ten years seem like they are forcing people or at least trying to wake them. I think maybe because they realize that a large portion of the population is locked in to their programming and they are rubbing it in the faces of those who are free of it. because seriously, if people aint at least semi woke by now.. WTF?

Plissken

Reactions
Favorite quotes:

"Words are wind" - Common saying

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” -Jojen Reed

“A wise man once said the true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms” – Tyrion Lannister

“Power is a curious thing, my lord… Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick, a shadow on the wall. And, a very small man can cast a very large shadow” – Lord Varys

“Look around you. We’re all liars here – and every one of us is better than you” – Lord Baelish

“A man with no motive is a man no one suspects. Always keep your foes confused, if they don’t know who you are, what you want, they can’t know what you plan to do next” – Lord Baelish

The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it. —Lord Brynden

One voice may speak you false, but in many there is always truth to be found - Daenerys

”We look up at the same stars and see such different things.” - Jon Snow

”Old stories are like old friends, Old Nan used to say. You have to visit them from time to time". -Bran Stark

Before he had lost his sight, the maester had loved books as much as Samwell Tarly did. He understood the way that you could sometimes fall right into them, as if each page was a hole into another world. - Samwell

Archmaester Rigney once wrote that history is a wheel, for the nature of man is fundamentally unchanging. What has happened before will perforce happen again. - Lord Rodrik to Asha Greyjoy

The last two quotes mention maester and archmaester. A lot of people in the ASOIAF community compare them to the Catholic Church or the Jesuits. They collect manuscripts and old books to store in the Citadel (Vatican Secret Archives). where it is impossible to get access unless you are an archmaester, who are the highest ranking members of their order. As a group they are called a conclave (as in papal conclave??) They also handle all the distance communications through the ravens. They take care of the lordly families when they are sick and they teach their children. Lots of power. It is believed they know all about the Whitewalkers and the Children of the Forest but continues to let them be legends.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KorbenDallas Movies 6