First forum ban ever

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Sharing as a part of being transparent I guess.

Banned the first user / davewave / in six months of the existence of this site. There is no need to register with the sole purpose of defending Wikipedia-type dogmatic version of the events in like 10 different topics within 10 minutes. This is not what, and who this forum is for.

We all went to school, and the common core version requires no defense on this forum. Note#2.

The Kraken

Reactions
I can understand a person pushing standard views if they're confronted by nonstandard views. I can't understand anyone seeking out a forum dedicated to fringey nonstandard views just to argue with them. Unless they're a shill.
Thats the trick. They are so unsure of there own beliefs they must fight for them even if that means finding people to fight. The NEW thinking is emotion based as you cant lie effectively with fact/truth based systems.

I feel we need open boarders is unquantifiable
We need open boarders because i wish to undermine the locals and destroy there culture is very quantifiable

Like the matrix every person is invested emotionally and therefore irrationally in the system and will fight to there dying breath to defend it.

BStankman

Reactions
Thats the trick. They are so unsure of there own beliefs they must fight for them even if that means finding people to fight. The NEW thinking is emotion based as you cant lie effectively with fact/truth based systems.

Like the matrix every person is invested emotionally and therefore irrationally in the system and will fight to there dying breath to defend it.
All too true, unfortunately.
Plain as day in 2017 rise of the AstroTurf ANTIFA - anti first amendment using fascist tactics

On the opposite side was the AstroTurf defenders of the first amendment.
People of this caliber or worse.

larry.jpg

What was the result? Reinforce the false dichotomy and a historic work of art/culture was destroyed.

durham.jpg

Why destroy history? It cannot be faked for very much longer.
In 6 months less than 300 amateur historians we have poked more holes in it than any little dutch boy can plug.

Suicufnoc

Reactions
Okay I lied earlier, this is definitely my favorite thread. No contest.

You know that you're onto something when they come in with the single intention to shut down a simple conversation.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Had to restrict access to a couple of users who did not make much sense in their endeavors on this forum.

Worsaae

Reactions
I appreciate the transparancy.
I don't believe that the earth is flat nor that evolution is fake and I've defended/provided counter points in those threads in what I believe to be a respectful manner and with an open mind. Should I avoid those threads in the future or is my behaviour in those threads acceptable?

I'm new to this forum and I like most of the content, and don't want to be banned :)

whitewave

Reactions
I, for one, appreciate that you're not letting this place turn into Facebook or ATS.