FE - Nullarbor Plain

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
The Nullarbor Plain is part of the area of flat, almost treeless, arid or semi-arid country of southern Australia, located on the Great Australian Bight coast with the Great Victoria Desert to its north. It is the world's largest single exposure of limestone bedrock, and occupies an area of about 200,000 square kilometres (77,000 sq mi). At its widest point, it stretches about 1,100 kilometres (684 mi) from east to west across the border between South Australia and Western Australia.

55F14B87-941D-4530-9CD1-1280EB6302E5.jpeg

Apparently this place is as flat as a pancake for at least 684 miles, as in - the curvature is absent.

How is that possible on a sphere? Any thoughts?

MaybeLater

Reactions
Well, the reason there is no curve is because it's flat.

Of course people who insist it's a spinning ball will just say we're not high enough, or we're stupid. Yet they usually won't expend any energy actually researching and checking things. Anyone that ascribes to FE started out trying to debunk FE. No one wants to believe they've been lied to their entire life.

But it seems fairly obvious that we certainly have been lied to repeatedly, and about almost everything.

WarningGuy

Reactions
Its also has the longest straight line of railway in the world at 1275km/792 miles and the longest straight road on earth at 92 miles.
There has been many sighting of UFOs and other weird stuff out on the Nullarbor. I seen some crazy lights out there a long time ago whilst helping out a mate who got crook and needed someone to drive his simi over to Perth . I had just left Ceduna after getting fuel and picking up a hitchhiker and was about 10 mile out when the follow said to me can i see them lights over in the distance, they seem to follow us on the right hand side doing the same speed for about 20 miles before they took off in front of us at great speed.

eddie

Reactions
I'm not opposed to different theories of the structure of the earth, but I don't see that this plain is evidence of a flat earth. The wiki article saying flat indicates topographically flat, as in the entire area has the same elevation. I don't know how one would determine if it is truly planar or curved. The picture, while amazing to see those cliffs, probably only shows about 20-30 miles of landscape.

Starman

Reactions
Well, the reason there is no curve is because it's flat.

Of course people who insist it's a spinning ball will just say we're not high enough, or we're stupid. Yet they usually won't expend any energy actually researching and checking things. Anyone that ascribes to FE started out trying to debunk FE. No one wants to believe they've been lied to their entire life.

But it seems fairly obvious that we certainly have been lied to repeatedly, and about almost everything.
It's all about the BIG LIE. How well can you entrap humanity in a false reality? Nothing more fundamental than whether we live on a spinning ball or an unbounded level realm. This is lucifer's world. It doesn't matter what we are propagandized into. It only matters that we get confounded and feel insignificant because of our ignorance.

Mabzynn

Reactions
I'm not opposed to different theories of the structure of the earth, but I don't see that this plain is evidence of a flat earth. The wiki article saying flat indicates topographically flat, as in the entire area has the same elevation. I don't know how one would determine if it is truly planar or curved. The picture, while amazing to see those cliffs, probably only shows about 20-30 miles of landscape.
Well, one could simply tell by going to look at the water stains on the rock walls. If the water marks are curvilinear over a great distance... it would indicate that it was just topographically flat.

So a quick search says the plains average a height of 200–390 ft. As Korben stated the distance is over 684 miles.

Curvature of the earth over 684 miles would show over 300,000 feet of curvature. Let me know when you can account for over 300,000 feet of variation on a 390 foot rock wall.

eddie

Reactions
Well, one could simply tell by going to look at the water stains on the rock walls. If the water marks are curvilinear over a great distance... it would indicate that it was just topographically flat.

So a quick search says the plains average a height of 200–390 ft. As Korben stated the distance is over 684 miles.

Curvature of the earth over 684 miles would show over 300,000 feet of curvature. Let me know when you can account for over 300,000 feet of variation on a 390 foot rock wall.
Well I suppose the water lines will be equal distance from the water all the way along. But suppose you walk all the way along. How are you to determine that you have curved down by 300,000 feet or not? It all looks the same. It looks flat. But it would look flat on both a flat earth and a curved earth because there is no fixed point of reference.

I too think there are lies about the nature of the earth but I'm simply not sure this is a good example to demonstrate a flat earth.

SuperTrouper

Reactions
The name Nullarbor translates as nothing (nullus) tree (arbor). There are, however, more than 100,000 camels roaming around. I've heard stories how Aussie camels are priced items in the Middle East as they are sought for breeding. The official story is that these camels were imported from British India and Afghanistan to use as transport while building the railroads during the 19th century. The railroad workers thought they would eventually die off, but they have flourished in the desert. Australia is the only country in the world with herds of feral camels. Go figure.

It's quite interesting that for a massive region - the size of the UK or Romania - with a permanent population of a few thousand, the Nullarbor Plain is where Deya Dova, one of my favourite Australian musicians, comes from. Check out some of her stuff:

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
I too think there are lies about the nature of the earth but I'm simply not sure this is a good example to demonstrate a flat earth.
Sounds like we will have to look for a higher elevation image.

At how far of a distance do you think we should be able to see the curvature if Earth is indeed a convex sphere with a radius of 6,371 kilometres (3,958 miles)?

MaybeLater

Reactions

At how far of a distance do you think we should be able to see the curvature if Earth is indeed a convex sphere with a radius of 6,371 kilometres (3,958 miles)?
It should be 8 inches per mile squared if the Earth is the size they say it is. Or about that.

There are still some things I don't get about FE, but the beggiest issues for FE (in my opinion anyway) are the lack of curvature, and the lies of NASA. And now the Moon is in our atmosphere, and space is full of water.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
The thing I'm wondering is, what happened here to create this huge expanse of vast, barren, flat limestone plain?? For sure, it doesn't look natural. It looks like strip mining taken to an extreme, or like all the soil, hills, plants, everything, was simply vaporized.

eddie

Reactions

This is a great question. The problem is the only way to detect the curvature is to detect that the horizon is lower than what it would be on a flat surface. The horizon itself will not be curved; I see that argument a lot. This is what I mean:

sphere.jpg

Imagine you're standing at the top, the orange point. The horizon is the red line. The horizon line is at the same level all the way around you, so it would appear flat. However it should also appear lower than you. But by how much? I think there is math involved. According to this post, at 10km above the surface, the horizon is 3.2 degrees below level, which is probably hard to notice, but not impossible? I have NOT checked this guy's math. I also think it would be hard to see this in pictures since there is no way to reference what level is and where the horizon should be.

BrokenAgate

Reactions
Well, it SHOULD appear lower, but there are usually things in the way...mountains, hills, houses, skyscrapers, valleys, rivers. So you'd have to get up above all this stuff, right? On this huge, flat plain, that shouldn't be an issue. Looking at photos online, though, it's hard to tell. You see a road disappearing into the distance in a long, unbroken line, like this:

Nullarbor road.jpg

So, does the horizon start to dip down past the limit of human vision? I don't know how many miles of road we are seeing here. Looks like an incredibly long distance, just because there is literally nothing in the way to block our line of sight, not even a dip in the road.

I did come across this interesting article: South Australia’s Nullarbor Plain – a wasteland for nuclear wastes?

And this picture of a cave on Nullarbor plain:

cave on nullarbor plain.jpg

I think there's a good possibility that Nullarbor already has been the site of nuclear bombing, or some sort of bombardment, anyway.

mythstifieD

Reactions
Its also has the longest straight line of railway in the world at 1275km/792 miles and the longest straight road on earth at 92 miles.
There has been many sighting of UFOs and other weird stuff out on the Nullarbor. I seen some crazy lights out there a long time ago whilst helping out a mate who got crook and needed someone to drive his simi over to Perth . I had just left Ceduna after getting fuel and picking up a hitchhiker and was about 10 mile out when the follow said to me can i see them lights over in the distance, they seem to follow us on the right hand side doing the same speed for about 20 miles before they took off in front of us at great speed.
Wait.. You live around there? You should grab a buddy and do a flat earth test.

Just get a powerful telescope, get on the phone together, and one person drive out. As soon as the person with the telescope loses sight, stop and mark the time and distance travelled (reset your trip odometer).

Now see if that matches the sphere earth distance.

Don't forget to record EVERYTHING. Heck a second telescope with a camera recording, someone recording you, and also someone in the car as well. If you record it right, and defy the visibility distance, it would be pretty convincing. They can't claim water is bending light and causing a mirrage. Make sure to do it on an OVERCAST day, so it's cool and heat mirages won't happen.

Personally I'm a globe head and love the idea of aliens out in the vast beyond. But it would be intriguing to do this experiment!

crystalcat

Reactions
Apparently this place is as flat as a pancake for at least 684 miles, as in - the curvature is absent.

How is that possible on a sphere? Any thoughts?
If those people had edited their video differently, including longer sunset shots, I bet you could have seen the sun set twice, given they were using their drone.

WarningGuy

Reactions
Wait.. You live around there? You should grab a buddy and do a flat earth test.

Just get a powerful telescope, get on the phone together, and one person drive out. As soon as the person with the telescope loses sight, stop and mark the time and distance travelled (reset your trip odometer).

Now see if that matches the sphere earth distance.

Don't forget to record EVERYTHING. Heck a second telescope with a camera recording, someone recording you, and also someone in the car as well. If you record it right, and defy the visibility distance, it would be pretty convincing. They can't claim water is bending light and causing a mirrage. Make sure to do it on an OVERCAST day, so it's cool and heat mirages won't happen.

Personally I'm a globe head and love the idea of aliens out in the vast beyond. But it would be intriguing to do this experiment!
I dont actually live around there no. I live a thousand mile away
Well, it SHOULD appear lower, but there are usually things in the way...mountains, hills, houses, skyscrapers, valleys, rivers. So you'd have to get up above all this stuff, right? On this huge, flat plain, that shouldn't be an issue. Looking at photos online, though, it's hard to tell. You see a road disappearing into the distance in a long, unbroken line, like this:

So, does the horizon start to dip down past the limit of human vision? I don't know how many miles of road we are seeing here. Looks like an incredibly long distance, just because there is literally nothing in the way to block our line of sight, not even a dip in the road.

I did come across this interesting article: South Australia’s Nullarbor Plain – a wasteland for nuclear wastes?

And this picture of a cave on Nullarbor plain:

I think there's a good possibility that Nullarbor already has been the site of nuclear bombing, or some sort of bombardment, anyway.
Maralinga in south Australia was the scene of UK nuclear testing and was contaminated with radioactive waste in the 1950s and early 1960s. The English then walked away and leaving there mess behind. Its the only place in Australia any nuclear bombing or testing was ever done. If you google earth around the Nullarbor you will see something has happened there in the distant past. Down the south west tip of Western Australia there looks like some sort of bombardment along time ago similar to what you see in Russia around the old star forts.