Extinct Bird Re-Evolved Itself Back Into Existence

Searching

Reactions
I don't know where to really begin with this one...

A ONCE-EXTINCT BIRD species "re-evolved" itself into existence and returned to the island it once colonized thousands of years ago, researchers say.
Fossils of the Aldabra rail have been discovered dating back 136,000 years, but the island has since been submerged by the ocean, wiping out almost all life.
"Aldabra went under the sea and everything was gone," Julian Hume, paleontologist and author of the study, said in a press release from the Natural History Museum in London. "There was an almost complete turn over in the fauna. Everything … went extinct. Yet as the Aldabra rail still lives on today, something must have happened for it to have returned."
The research, published in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, revealed that the white-throated rail recolonized the islands. But researchers believe that after the sea levels dropped and the bird reappeared, it became flightless once again. Newer fossils showed the Aldabra rail was heavier than its ancestor, indicating that the bird had lost its ability to fly for a second time.

Once the bird became extinct after the flood, it took only 20,000 years for the white-throated rail to return and evolve into the flightless Aldabra rail bird again. According to the museum, this is one of the fastest recorded timelines of a bird losing its ability to fly, and the first and only known time that a species of bird has become flightless twice.
This could all be b.s., but what's the point of that? This obscure article that close-to-nobody reads isn't going to change anyone's opinion concerning evolution.
I think these scientists really do believe this story, just like archaeologists really believe in rock-cut structures. They are unable to think outside of the prison education has encased their minds in.

Anyway, this guy thinks it's a Mandela Effect. I gotta say, ME seems more plausible than the tall tale of birds returning from the dead after 20,000 years.

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
It’s either somebody out there playing genetics, or the bird was not really 100% extinct. Who knows, may be additional continents do exist.

The funniest thing I’ve heard all day:
  • Re-evolved itself back into existence.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Timeshifter

Reactions
I am always suspicious of dates, especially those that are pinpointed to thousands of years.

Does 20,000 years even fit in any model of evolution, wouldn't 20,000 years be enough to notice any changes let alone rebirth?

I am a proponent of the Holographic universe, and having experienced my own localised version of the ME today, I'll rule nothing out.

(y)

anotherlayer

Reactions
"Once the bird became extinct after the flood, it took only 20,000 years for the white-throated rail to return and evolve into the flightless Aldabra rail bird again."

Does anyone read this out loud before it goes to print? Nobody tilts their head with statements like these?

OP
Searching

Searching

Reactions
"Once the bird became extinct after the flood, it took only 20,000 years for the white-throated rail to return and evolve into the flightless Aldabra rail bird again."

Does anyone read this out loud before it goes to print? Nobody tilts their head with statements like these?
Sadly, I think few people can comprehend the contents of this article. They are used to reading articles with headlines like, Trump Shades Pocahantas and the Internet Claps Back.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
This article here says 30,000 years after the Flood. Crowds have to know that this stuff happened long time ago, and they need to know that it did. Boy would they be surprised how recent this event was.

Anyways, why do they say that the bird went extinct, and how do they know this Aldabra went completely submerged?

milhaus

Reactions
This article here says 30,000 years after the Flood. Crowds have to know that this stuff happened long time ago, and they need to know that it did. Boy would they be surprised how recent this event was.

Anyways, why do they say that the bird went extinct, and how do they know this Aldabra went completely submerged?
It is like your first point. They want people to believe things happened in a certain way at a certain time and that mostly operates in extremes. Either that bird re-evolved into reality or was re-encoded into our simulation. Where is room for the in-between logical explanation anymore? Explanations existing anywhere else but here in the fringe of society? That is the most troubling thing, in my opinion.

codis

Reactions
It’s either somebody out there playing genetics, or the bird was not really 100% extinct. Who knows, may be additional continents do exist.

The funniest thing I’ve heard all day:
  • Re-evolved itself back into existence.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Agree.
It rarely comes to the mind of modern "scientist" that perhaps their theory is wrong.
Like the black swan story - absence of proof is not proof of absence.

I especially like the statement "re-evolved itself back into existence". Reminds me of the Baron of Münchhausen, who pulled himself out of a swamp on his own hair ...

Obertryn

Reactions
We need to start attaching faces to the statements like this.
I mean, that's about as a reasonable as saying that if you throw someone off a high-enough cliff, they will magically grow wings on their way down given enough time before they hit the ground. I really need to start reading scientific papers again, I'm clearly missing some key data from the past 10 or 20 years concerning the modern consensus.

The "extinct bird re-evolving itself back to existence" tripe is also absolutely ridiculous. By definition, if an animal is "extinct", its numbers are so low that it is doomed to matter what it does. You can't reverse that anymore than you can convince a hungry tiger not to eat you by attempting to logically reason with it.