Exposition Universelle, Liège 1905

jd755

Reactions
Exposition Universelle et Internationale de Liège was a world's fair held in Liège from 27 April to 6 November 1905 just 8 years after a Belgian exposition held in Brussels. Intended to show Liege's industrial importance it also marked 75 years of Belgian independence and 40 years of Leopold II's reign. The exposition received 7 million visitors, covered 52 acres and made 75,117 Belgian Francs.

Twenty-nine countries were official participants, from:
  • Europe: Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Sweden, Switzerland, Great Britain and Ireland
  • Africa: Egypt and Congo Free State
  • America: Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Cuba, and the United States
  • Asia: China, Japan, Persia and Turkey. Germany and Spain were unofficial participants
The German Pavilion under construction at the Exposition Universelle, Liège Link

Liège International (1905) - Wikipedia

Link

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Apologies for adding some textual information to the above image, but I do not think it makes any sense to simply add photographs to the Expo section. For single photographs we have this: Single Photo Series

Expositions are too big of a historical issue. This forum is for investigations, and meaningful content. Let us stop just throwing stuff unaccompanied by any contents.

Here are some article examples done by @CyborgNinja of what an SH Expo coverage should look like, or similar to:
This forum became what it is due to the quality of content being published. I'm inclined to keep it this way.

If someone wants to cover an expo, please give us some meaningful info. Otherwise we all have Wikipedia, and Google Images.

OP
J

jd755

Reactions
Fair enough. I'll leave the field alone.
Clumsy old fingers, tiny 7" inch eeepc screen and keyboard mean things go wrong, wrong buttons get clicked
Will refrain from posting threads as clearly I am giving you too much work to do. I have only quoted from wikiliar once or twice, I do not trust it as a source of anything and don't ever use google images but as I said I'll leave the thread creation alone from here on. I am not here to disrupt.