Ethnobotany & Psychopharmacology

Have you ever partaken in magical plants?

• Yes, but they freaked me out!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I like to remain in complete control of my consciousness

• Hahaha, you fuckin potheads!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paracelsus

Reactions
*** Links posted first, my thoughts and experiences with pharmacology are below that ***

*What do we think we know about plants?*

Scythians & Cannabis
The drink of the Gods
Rapé and Sacred Tobacco | The Shamanic Amazonian Snuff That Detoxifies and Sets Intentions
The Modern Shamanic Guide to Taking Rapé - the Sacred Medicinal Snuff of the Amazon
Rapé - the Sacred Amazonian Snuff You Blow Up Your Nose
Learn Everything You Need To Know About The Psychedelic Ibogaine
Iboga Culture, Tradition & Modern Therapeutic Uses | Psychedelic Times
Brew a Cup and Get These Yerba Mate Tea Benefits
Etymology of the Word Alcohol: “Body Eating Spirit”

Everything I have posted above I have had direct experience with, except for 5-MeO-DMT. Plant based pharmacology is the story of human history, and certainly my own. I have been profoundly helped by plants and profoundly existentially freaked out and blasted sideways into the convolutions of reality. Sometimes I have courted the idea that plants have their own distinct intelligence. Other times though, I question if the compounds within the plant merely alter my own. Undeniably, whether you believe that you are interacting with a plant consciousness distinctly separate from your own or you are enhancing your own, you definitely notice something!

Accurately chronicling my own experiences with pharmacology begins with the most obvious - alcohol. We often forget, and overlook this compound, but, to do so is foolish, it is the most ubiquitous of them all. Personally, I don't enjoy it anymore, my youthful exuberance for getting "fucked up" is long gone. Mixed with cannabis, I have a one-way ticket to throwing-up-stomach-bile city. Insight gained from that experience - none.

Now, you can find countless bas-relief illustrations, pottery, paintings, and jewelry of cannabis and mushrooms (Psilocybin & Amanita). With these plants, and their inherent pharmacology, there has always been a profound sense of reverence. When you consume them you experience a rush of energy and ideas and insight you don't normally experience. You don't feel like you so to speak, you feel like you are in the presence of something ultra vires to yourself. But, are you?

I'm 32 now and have been consuming cannabis in one form or another since I was 14. I neither advocate for it aggressively nor make any dire warnings against it. For some people it can cause hellacious panic attacks, and others profound euphoria. Personally, it has given me both sides of the spectrum, and everything in between. Being a Colorado native I've also had the unique perspective to view the cultural shift from prohibition to open celebration. Even that has caused me to raise an eyebrow with great suspicion.

Just like the supressed history of Starforts and sunken cities, what do we really know about these highly pharmacologically active plants we ingest? What is the "True" history of medicinal botanical pharmacology?

In my heart of hearts, I believe that when it comes to these plants, one has to thoroughly and exhaustively research them before consuming them. They alter you, some moderately, some profoundly, some permanently. Getting high is a reason, but not always a good reason for imbibing. The ancient alchemists pursued what was known as the "Vegetable Stone" for this very reason. It is the branch of Alchemy known as Spagyrics:
http://www.gclvx.org/Junius Practical Handbook of Plant Alchemy.pdf
"Spagyrics" by Manfred Junius

Plants aren't as they appear, for that matter, nothing in this world is as it appears. To know the nature of something requires you to experience something. Oftentimes, the price of gnosis is steep and the teacher of the knowledge is ruthless. Clearly, society has enacted prohibition to prevent this gnosis. Knowledge of these plants is there, but, there is extensive puritanical propoganda regarding the truth of certain "sacraments."

Perhaps Soma isn't just one of them specifically, but all of them collectively. Our history is one of great mystery and debate, our neighbors from the vegetable realm hold as many as our own. Technology exists within them that far surpasses the paltry artificial achievements of our own. Natural Intelligence has been extending a literal olive branch of goodwill since time immemorial, it is high time we extend a nurturing hand back.

Last edited:

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
What does any of this have to do with stolen history?

Drug discussion was never the purpose of this site.

OP
Paracelsus

Paracelsus

Reactions

Fair question, I understand the reticence.

Direct Gnosis, pure and simple.

Emperor Huang Di's pharmacopeia, The Egyptians with The Blue Lotus flower, Scythians with Cannabis ruderalis, The Vedics with Bhang and Soma, The Mayans with Turbina corymbosa, Siberian Shaman with Amanita muscaria.

Literally every single civilization that has ever existed references psychoactive plants of some type. Researchers either glorify or minimize this fact, often equating modern conventions of substance abuse with historical ritual entheogenic consumption.

I think personal experience is a valuable and insightful information. These aren't drugs I'm referencing, they are potent forms of medicine that require tremendous understanding and respect.

Also, Alchemical Spagyrics is a major thrust of the post. People thought it was just superstitious chemistry and was ridiculed as such, but all modern pharmaceutical intervention is Spagyrics. That has undoubtedly been hidden from modern record.

Last edited:

Magnus

Reactions

Wow NARC much?
Plants arent drugs.

And the fact that natural plants are outlawwed and made illegal means they have been "stolen away" from us... gifts from Nature and from God the Creator.

Seriously, KB, disappointed in your post. Honestly questioning your intentions.

The OP doesnt have a title "What are your fave drugs" or something such as this, the terms Ethnobotany infer that the natural use of plants has been stolen and replaced with a false Allopathic fraudulent western medical system.

As Quatto would say, Free your mind KB.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Not gonna go into plants vs. drugs semantics. Why this forum was created is explained here. So far it's been doing just fine, it appears. Out of body experiences, and psychedelic trips will be discussed somewhere else.

Stuff like this is not for this site
weed.jpg

Magnus, you can question my motives all day long. You even created a thread to question my motives. I honestly do not care, but answering your ridiculous claims takes my time which I don't have much. Instead of researching things I end up handling stuff like this. I have been patient long enough. No more.

Create your own forum, and run whatever content you want.

Thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.