Eski Kermen: it means Old Fortress in Tatar (Tartar)

Ice Nine

Reactions
What a place, it's a mind melter! My theory, it's very old and not a carved cave city, it's a massive covered city that was being dug out and into. So anyway I finally put two and two together and found a Tartarian connection I do believe. this place has it all, even cart ruts that all connect up eventually to other ancient sites in Russia, of which there is a staggering amount.

Anyway was this at one time a huge Tartarian city ? Really, we need to start looking at the other ruins similar to these in Russia.

This picture shows where Eski Kerman is, elevation wise, So I imagine this entire basin below the cliffs it was all solid overburden, of either ash or mud and has been dug out over time by various groups of people. Much like Cappadocia only on a larger scale I think.

eski-kermen-3230699_960_720.jpg

Eski Kermen: Show On Map

The ancient Eski Kermen is situated on the mountain tableland difficult of access. It is one of the oldest and the most picturesque cave towns in Bakhchysarai surroundings. Due to its imposing age and rare authenticity that allows feeling the atmosphere of antiquity in full, the medieval settlement, whose name means Old Fortress in Tatar, is reckoned among the most frequently visited archeological monuments of Crimea’s highlands..
The well fortified town-fortress was built by Byzantine residents in the late 6th century in order to protect approach to Chersonesus, which was Byzantine Empire’s main outpost on the Crimean Peninsula. Up to 30-meter-high forbidding sheer rocks surrounded Eski Kermen and served as its natural defense. In addition, massive stone walls towered in gorges’ upper reaches, which lead up to the city. Settlement’s fortification system consisted of the most fortified southern defensive center, situated at the main city gates, and of the northern patrol complex, which could be reached only by stairs through secret cave with hidden entrance. Casemates and rooms for guards who controlled approaches to Eski Kermen were situated right in front of the steeps.
Town’s prosperity period started in the 10th century and lasted for almost three centuries. At that time its territory widened to nine hectares, and its population rose to three thousand people who were mainly occupied in gardening and farming. Eski Kermen became a large trade and handicraft center and an important administrative and political center of the Southeastern Crimea. It was a full-blown medieval town, built-up with rectangular quarters that were divided by wide streets. In addition to dwelling buildings, several surface and underground temples were situated there.

In total, Eski Kermen numbered 350 caves, more than any other Crimean cave town. Most of them were used for household needs: as corrals and grocery stores. Separate network of caves served as a granary, whose reserves helped medieval town’s residents to withstand long sieges.
Eski Kermen ceased to exist in 1299, when it was almost completely destroyed by Mongol troops. The town tried to recover, but a century later, the Mongol army destroyed remaining fortifications and ravaged it. Since then, the Eski Kermen is abandoned, and numerous caves gape in it as wounds. Despite its tragic fate, the city managed to preserve the remnants of many fortifications, temples, and residential estates cut in the rocks. Now it offers an opportunity to visit amazing stone houses and to walk through medieval streets.
The Temple of Three Riders, carved into gigantic stone mass, is Eski Kermen’s structure of great interest and value. Fragments of fresco painting, dated to the 12th-13th centuries, survived on its walls. Ruins of another ancient temple – the Basilica, built fifteen hundred years ago – stand on the former central square of the cave town. One of Eski Kermen’s most interesting sights is a deep siege well, cut through the entire thickness of the rock. Stairs with 89 steps descended into its depth and lead to the cave, in which water arrived from sources at the foot of the plateau and accumulated.
Getting here. Take a bus from Bakhchysarai to one of the villages neighboring Eski Kermen: Holmovka, Zalesnoye or Krasny Mak. Then, walk to the mountain plateau.

Crimea_Bakhchisarai_the_cave_town_Eski-Kermen_4.jpgeski.jpgeski-3.jpgeski4.jpgeski-kermen-1[2].jpgeski-kermen-2[2].jpgeski-kermen-3[2].jpgeski-kermen-4[2].jpgeski-kermen-5[2].jpgeski-kermen-6[2].jpgeski-kermen-7[2].jpgeski-kermen-8[2].jpgeski-kermen-9[2].jpgeski-kermen-10[2].jpgeski-kermen-11[2].jpgeski-kermen-12[2].jpg

tupperaware

Reactions
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Reactions
I don't want to drag this off track, which I am really bad about. But yeah, I believe so much was going on in Russia. just going by the amount of mysterious ruins.
Another place that needs it's own thread is Vardzia Cave Monastery another major buried city not far from Eski Kermen.

Sylvie has a great page of noteworthy sites. Her entire website is a gold mine.
Ruins in Russia
Well anyway, Eski Kermen, I can see it being a huge city the likes of which we can't even imagine.

This is part of the Vardzia Caves and you can clearly see the layers, city buried in ash, then a layer of mud. And then a long period of time goes by and wandering nomads notice something odd in a hill side and start digging and end with with a crude cave system hewn out of the insides of buildings frozen in rocks and time. You know, that old chestnut. We see this same side view on all the sites, like Cappadocia, it's like we are getting a side view of an ant farm.

Vardezia.jpg

I found a great aerial view of Eski Kermen, there are "cart ruts" all over the top, I have ideas about that, but won't derail.

Eski13.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Reactions
I wanna hear it. Please.
Well we kind of touched on it, by getting off track a bit in this thread. The mystery of "cog cuts". What are they for & how were they made?

But in a nutshell I think they are the hardened tracks of rescue vehicles that were going around gathering up survivors of some cataclysmic event.

.earthbeforeflood.com/humanitarian_mission_in_neogene_-_heroes_who_saved_victims_of_flood_taken_refuge_underground.html
Yes I really feel we go back along long time. This Russian researcher has really struck a cord with me. I spend most of my time looking around Russia now.
But we better ax the cart rut talk here, even though they are clearly a part of Eski Kemen.

And more about Eski Kemen and area

Rock towns of Crimea, Turkey, Israel and Bulgaria - are part of common rock complex, built by the same people

tupperaware

Reactions
I don't want to drag this off track, which I am really bad about. But yeah, I believe so much was going on in Russia. just going by the amount of mysterious ruins.
Another place that needs it's own thread is Vardzia Cave Monastery another major buried city not far from Eski Kermen.

View attachment 16029

I found a great aerial view of Eski Kermen, there are "cart ruts" all over the top, I have ideas about that, but won't derail.

View attachment 16030
Eski Kermen - once a mountain of mud.

One common theme is no soot (from torches or fires) is found in caves even in those deep underground (Cappodoccia). My guess is that the cart ruts are made in underwater mud and created during data, power or fuel cable/pipeline laying. This implies that all these caves were made by a civilization burrowing into soft underwater mud. Its a civilization of underwater creatures or robots millions of years ago. The ruts on Crete were dated by a geologist to around 15 million years ago - when Crete was underwater.

1. The ruts are always formed in underwater mud. Nobody is carving by hand the ruts in rock for vehicles and vehicles are not eroding the rock to form the ruts. Vehicles are not making the ruts in above water mud and then the mud is quickly turning to rock.
2. There were "mountains and hills" of underwater mud throughout the Eski Kermen area.
3. There were "footless" creatures with the amazing ability to leave no footprints, burrowing into the soft underwater mud to form a network of caves.
4. After a few million years of hardening and the waters receding - people find and further modify the caves adding stairs and skylights. They also notice the perplexing "cart" tracks.
5. One very good energy source in these underwater mud zones is methane.

Underwater river of mud and sand tells tale of climate change and ocean gateways, new oil and gas exploration possibilities
"The Strait of Gibraltar is one such gateway. It re-opened less than six million years ago.
Today, deep below the surface, there is a powerful cascade of Mediterranean water spilling out through the strait into the Atlantic Ocean.
Because this water is saltier than the Atlantic--and therefore heavier--it plunges more than 1,000 meters downslope, scouring the rocky seafloor, carving deep-sea canyons and building up mountains of mud on a little-known submarine landscape.
The sediments hold a record of climate change and tectonic activity that spans much of the past 5.3 million years."

Below is one of those mountains of underwater mud burrowed into by some kind of sea creatures - millions of years ago then uncovered millions of years later.
The article talks about mountains of mud forming in the Atlantic "outside" the Strait. Around 15 million years ago a Gibraltar Strait dam broke allowing water to flood the Mediterranean basin no doubt forming mountains of underwater mud and leaving it that way until the waters receded through evaporation. This might have happened multiple times. Drilling into this same hillside but behind the exposed cave area might turn up some interesting buried and "closed" caves and their contents.

1548632567926.png

Paracelsus

Reactions
OK, maybe it was just a couple of guys with pick axes. Here is an awesome flyover of the entire area. At 1:40 you see the ruts.

View attachment 16047
Didn't Cremo go over this in "Forbidden Archaeology," the 15 million year old cart ruts? If they are legit, the bigger question would be - why the unprecedented period of technological stagnation?

Not that I particularly buy that anybody is carving out solid stone, hardened mud, or tufa with a pickaxe or chisel. I've dug fireline in the mountains down to mineral soil with modern hand tools, the Dao built that shit to last! Also, you couldn't use the stonecutting technique of inserting spreader wedges along a seam to break off massive chunks.

Now, if you told me someone figured out the resonant frequency of the stone and blasted it with two standing waves crossed to form an interference pattern to disintegrate the stone. Well, that would seem like a perfectly reasonable aswer.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
May be it was not hard when ruts were made.

Did Cremo say how he came up with 15 mln years?

wild heretic

Reactions
I was going to mention this place a while ago after looking at wiseup's video on it.

I was dying to find the name of the place which he failed to mention under the video and only found it due to a photo stamp on one of his photos lol. Mind you, I know why. He doesn't want copycat YouTube accounts taking credit.

There is some serious evidence of technological petrification at this site. Incredibly so.

Very difficult to date as well. The entire site could be of the previous cycle pre-medieval.

Look at 4:15 min. Undeniable. Look at the pillar. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Reactions
I was going to mention this place a while ago after looking at wiseup's video on it.

I was dying to find the name of the place which he failed to mention under the video and only found it due to a photo stamp on one of his photos lol. Mind you, I know why. He doesn't want copycat YouTube accounts taking credit.

There is some serious evidence of technological petrification at this site. Incredibly so.

Very difficult to date as well. The entire site could be of the previous cycle pre-medieval.

Look at 4:15 min. Undeniable. Look at the pillar. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Yeah that post in the middle is pretty epic! "previous cycle pre-medieval" or pre flood more likely.
77360601-the-ancient-fortress-eski-kermen-near-bakhchisarai-village-crimea-ukraine-may-2008.jpg
I really agree with Wise Up's assessments of most of these sites. His idea struck such a cord with me I felt I finally had some explanation that made sense to me and I can see exactly what he is driving at. I do think a lot of these sites (there are so many it's almost unbelievable) I think they were submerged for eons as well and came back up during another epoch.

I find it astounding that sites like this are pretty much just ignored by Quackedemia and a person might think they are few and far between, when actually the opposite is quite true.

tupperaware

Reactions

Good point. Being previous cycle and pre-medieval could explain why the "rail" (cart ruts?) system seems to be so chaotic. Our rail systems do have a bit of tolerance built in but not the +/-4 feet shown in the pictures. So here you have cart rut buildings next to cart ruts which is a bit unique. Elsewhere as in Turkey you just have very chaotic cart ruts and no buildings right on the cart ruts like these in the video. My guess is there were buildings like these wherever there are cart ruts - here and there as maintenance and pumping stations. Major cataclysm wiped those away or just a million years of erosion.

Not only were these structures underwater at some point they were created underwater. All the rock in these Crimean fort structures was once a mountain of mud - underwater millions of years ago. Then structured maybe by refugees from the nuclear wars on Mars which at the time might have been a water world. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/9aknn8/were-ancient-martians-murdered-by-nuclear-bomb-dropping-aliens-an-investigation. Really almost anything is possible once the notion of advanced civilizations millions of years ago on nearby planets is accepted. The creatures that built these underwater structures could have been the Annunaki fish people The Fish People Are Alive and Among Us or some lucky water chimera creatures employed by them. One guess is this complex was pumping methane and any cart ruts seen anywhere from Turkey to Crimea are the traces of methane pipelines or equipment/data cables. Methane is great as a greenhouse gas - useful for terraforming. Its also a good fuel. These mountains of mud would be generating incredible amounts of methane. No need for stairs at this point. They're only needed a few million years later when bipedal creatures like us hand carve them in "chaotically" just to get around after we setup camp for a few thousand years. No need to align any part of the structure with anything visible in the heavens, since it was all underwater and focused on commerce.

Oceanographer John Orcutt Elected to National Academy of Engineering

1548689959681.png

List of piscine and amphibian humanoids - Wikipedia
1548692619692.png

Last edited:

Paracelsus

Reactions
May be it was not hard when ruts were made.

Did Cremo say how he came up with 15 mln years?
It was Dr. Alexander Koltypin and cart ruts in Malta, Capadocia, Kazakhstan, Spain, etc. His theory is that they are related to fault lines.
The Ancient Wheel-Rut Enigma

Here's the pdf for Michael Cremo's book Forbidden Archaeology:
Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race : Michael A. Cremo : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Reactions
It was Dr. Alexander Koltypin and cart ruts in Malta, Capadocia, Kazakhstan, Spain, etc. His theory is that they are related to fault lines.
The Ancient Wheel-Rut Enigma

Here's the pdf for Michael Cremo's book Forbidden Archaeology:
Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race : Michael A. Cremo : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
I've been touting Dr. Alexander Koltypin for a while now. What he says makes sense to me, that's all any of us can hope for, I'm just trying to make sense of things for myself, not everybody else. So I'm hooking my wagon to his star for now.

OP
Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Reactions
It seems to pre-date any Tartars, which yeah, I think it is quite ancient. So old it has no name.

"Not far from Mankopia is a certain very ancient fortress and town, but it does not have any name from the Turks or Tatars, not even from the Greeks themselves, because of its extreme antiquity…", the Polish ambassador Martinus Broniovius (Martin Broniewski) wrote in the 16th century. It was probably the reason why the Tatars started to call it simply "Eski-Kermen", which meant "the old fortress".
Eski-kermen

UnchainedZA

Reactions
You might want to look up a guy on youtube. His site is called WiseUp. I do not always agree with him but his view of all these so called "underground" cities is spot on.