Earth's magnetic field is 'acting up'. 'Experts' are 'forced' to 'update' 'model' that aids global navigation.

LordAverage

Reactions
Saw this on the conspiracy subreddit with the following title.

Earth magnetic field is acting up and geologists don’t know why. Erratic motion of north magnetic pole forces experts to update model that aids global navigation.

Links to this article

Earth’s magnetic field is acting up and geologists don’t know why

Turns out they constantly update the 'World Magnetic Model' the 2015 edition was meant to last until 2020 but they have to act now (well, once the US government shutdown is finished of course. Let's not get too worked up).

Is this where they use the excuse of 'acceleration of change to the magnetic field' to alter our navigation software to suit their own needs and to possibly cover up their previous lies? Or introduce new lies. Probably both.
In 2018, the pole crossed the International Date Line into the Eastern Hemisphere. It is currently making a beeline for Siberia.

The geometry of Earth’s magnetic field magnifies the model’s errors in places where the field is changing quickly, such as the North Pole. “The fact that the pole is going fast makes this region more prone to large errors,” says Chulliat.
You could view this as science doing it's best to fight with the forces of nature but as far as I recall navigation was fine from a very long time ago and this never caused an issue before. Now suddenly all the 'regions' near the north pole are more prone to large errors, now will we see updated navigation to regions where the elite have been known to visit more frequently in recent times, convenient?

Sounds like a really good excuse to update navigation programs to me.

Paracelsus

Reactions
What a crock of shit.

Have you got a compass? Does it still point North? If it does, then the general magnetism of the Earth isn't "acting up." There are always localized electromagnetic anomalies in places like Hoia Baciu forest or high potential electro-static fields. But, these anomalies don't contribute to overall disorder.

This is a good animation showing the principle of an AC induction motor and how the North and South poles flip and create the alternating current.

Or this, a diagram and explanation of a magnetron.
Magnetron Operation

0harris0

Reactions
so the magnetic pole has moved almost 20 degrees since 1900?!! nuts! wonder where it was before 1590 :p
Post automatically merged:

Has the pole actually moved very suddenly?!?!

Since I read this the other day, it's got me wondering... I'm a cycle courier over here in UK, since xmas my GPS has been a little bit out (locations not quite right). It's got really really out of whack in the last couple of weeks though!

It was really far off last night (it's so so so so confusing), I found myself just around the corner from the locations, or even on a completely wrong road (from going to the pin location on the map!).
It's crazy, I'm talking up to 200 metres off target, with high accuracy GPS mode on!

Anyone else experienced any GPS flaws??

What I'm thinking is the magnetic pole has shifted, or is shifting very quickly all of a sudden and the OP article is the 'soft release' of the information, trying to play it down (or trying to not let our science and tech look incredibly flawed). It's as if our technology can't keep up with the changes, but yeah, it's only because we couldn't predict this was gonna happen... riiiiiight o_Oo_O

Last edited:

whitewave

Reactions
Was about to post something on this phenomenon on the Next Reset thread. According to the NYT the Magnetic Pole has gone from wandering 7 miles per year to wandering 34 miles a year. Not to worry, though, your iphone should still work (whew! I was sweatin' it there for a minute.) and such a major change in our earth's magnetic field will only affect people living above 55 degrees latitude which only crosses Europe , Asia , the Pacific Ocean , North America , and the Atlantic Ocean . So no worries there. And although scientists can't explain why the magnetic pole is racing towards Siberia, they're absolutely sure we are in no danger even though Canada's magnetic forces are weakening. It's not like a strong magnetic force is important for shielding us from cosmic radiation or anything.

According to Wiki it's all just a fringe theory anyway even though they quote scientists as saying, "The data are also consistent with a deterministic, but chaotic, process.[22] The magnetic field will not vanish completely, but many poles might form chaotically in different places during reversal, until it stabilizes again.[31][32]" Chaotic earth events sounds safe.

Magnetic reversals aren't the same as pole shifts (although I don't think they differ by much that matters). With pole shifts you get crustal displacement; with magnetic reversal we just have to update our GPS information occasionally. Experts do admit that a magnetic reversal could cause some flooding due to earthquakes and tsunamis as depicted in these June 2019 pics. "Earth's magnetic field is capable of shifting at a rate of up to 6 degrees per day."

"It may be, however, that the ends of superchrons have caused vigorous convection leading to widespread volcanism, and that the subsequent airborne ash caused extinctions.[52]"
  • This page was last edited on 28 June 2019, at 21:37 (UTC). I wonder what it said before?

Ruby Rhod

Reactions
That got me thinking of the strange sounds reportedly heard around the world. I wanted to know if they were exclusive to northern latitudes. It just about seems so:

I am imagining the hollow, concentric spheres model for this...

Edit: Found this:

According to a geologist who worked for the government, “Something is going on in the inner core of the Earth.” It has to do with the magnetic poles changing and involves minerals recycling in the mantle of the Earth. The sounds are being generated in the mantle as large static discharges of energy, pushed up through the Earth’s crust, broadcasting as infrasound through the ionosphere and then bouncing back at a lower frequency that we can hear and feel as vibrations.​
whitewave said:
...scientists can't explain why the magnetic pole is racing towards Siberia
If it is true that energy is being pushed up through the earth, that would tie in with Europe's record heat wave. If it is also true that the magnetic pole is racing toward Siberia, then the heat wave will also race toward Siberia. So, we'll see.

Last edited:

pushamaku

Reactions
I know this is anecdotal, but what I'd like to know is that why does the Sun seem to rise way more North (geographically) than usual this Summer and when I point my phone GPS compass at the rising Sun it shows East!? Am I going crazy?

RecycledSoul

Reactions
I know this is anecdotal, but what I'd like to know is that why does the Sun seem to rise way more North (geographically) than usual this Summer and when I point my phone GPS compass at the rising Sun it shows East!? Am I going crazy?
They have “corrected” the GPS system to remove the anomalies. I have a thread I started in reference to the sun being too far North here on SH.