Novaya Zemlya: Russians Hiding the Remnants of the Old World?

Sometimes a simple Google Earth browsing yields remarkable results. It does not answer any questions, but allows for questioning of the narrative. I believe things, and known facts like the ones below, are capable of bringing the needed attention to a specific territory. Our community is growing, and it just could be, that a person, or a group of people will stumble into some information better explaining formations and occurrences related to the topic at hand.

NOVAYA ZEMLYA
Novaya Zemlya is an archipelago in the Arctic Ocean in northern Russia and the extreme northeast of Europe, the easternmost point of Europe lying at Cape Flissingsky on the Northern island. West of Novaya Zemlya is the Barents Sea, and to the east is the Kara Sea. Novaya Zemlya is composed of two main islands, the northern Severny Island and the southern Yuzhny Island, which are separated by the Matochkin Strait.

novaya-zemlya-1.jpg

Population
Not counting on the PTB telling us the truth, I believe we have to be able to read in between the lines of the official narrative. Some of the "between the lines" info is fairly straight forward, and is available for your analysis.
  • Until the early 1990s the very existence of settlements on Novaya Zemlya was a state secret.
  • The population of Novaya Zemlya, as of the 2010 Census, was about 2,429, of which 1,972 resided in Belushya Guba.
  • The population is mainly composed of military personnel and construction workers.
  • The indigenous population was completely evicted from the islands in the 1950s.
    • Small numbers of Nenets were resettled to Novaya Zemlya in the 1870s in a bid by Russia to keep out the Norwegians.
    • This population, then numbering 298, was transferred to the mainland in 1957 before nuclear testing began.
KD: I do not understand what kind of indigenous population we are talking about here. If these Nenets were resettled to Novaya Zemlya in the 1870s, we should not consider them to be the natives. Keeping the Norwegians out suggests that Russians did not want the Norwegians to occupy the archipelago. So:
  • Who were the real natives?
Essentially we have an area occupied by the military and those servicing the military. There are some Antarctica type cruises, which grant you no access to anything, and show you nothing. Bears, birds, whales and snow do not count.

History
We are lead to believe that the area is well known, studied and contains nothing special to deserve our attention. The narrative is straight forward and here is what its says.
  • The Russians knew of Novaya Zemlya from the 11th century, when hunters from Novgorod visited the area.
  • For Western Europeans, the search for the Northern Sea Route in the 16th century led to its exploration.
  • The first visit from a Western European was by Hugh Willoughby in 1553.
  • Dutch explorer Willem Barentsz reached the west coast of Novaya Zemlya in 1594, and in a subsequent expedition of 1596, he rounded the northern cape and wintered on the northeastern coast. (Barentsz died during the expedition, and may have been buried on Severny Island.)
  • During a later voyage by Fyodor Litke in 1821–1824, the western coast was mapped.
  • Henry Hudson was another explorer who passed through Novaya Zemlya while searching for the Northeast Passage.
  • The islands were systematically surveyed by Pyotr Pakhtusov and Avgust Tsivolko during the early 1830s.
  • The first permanent settlement was established in 1870 at Malye Karmakuly, which served as capital of Novaya Zemlya until 1924.
  • Later the administrative center was transferred to Belushya Guba, in 1935 to Lagernoe, but then returned to Belushya Guba.
  • In 1943, during the Second World War, Novaya Zemlya briefly served as a secret seaplane base for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine, to provide German surveillance of Allied shipping en route to Siberia. The seaplane base was established by U-255 and U-711, which were operating along the northern coast of Soviet Russia as part of 13th U-boat Flotilla. Seaplane sorties were flown in August and September 1943.
The above was mostly from the English version of the Wiki. Here is some stuff from the Russian one.
  • In antiquity, Novaya Zemlya was inhabited by an unknown tribe, possibly belonging to the Ust-Poluy archaeological culture . It is possible that in the mythology of the Samoyeds (Nenets) it was known under the name of Sirte.
  • Two stone labyrinths were discovered on the Yuzhny Island on the Medny Peninsula in the northern part of the coast of Maly Bay, Missing Bay.
  • Presumably the Novaya Zemlya was discovered in the XII -XIII centuries by Novgorod merchants, but there is no convincing historical and documentary evidence for this. Failed to prove the primacy in the discovery of the archipelago and the ancient Scandinavians. In any case, the name of the island is of purely old Russian origin.
KD: It looks like we know jack nothing about anything pertaining to the history of the islands called Novaya Zemlya. With "possible this, and possible that", it sounds like the historians do not know, and TPTB is not willing to disclose the truth.

Older Maps
I am not sure we are going to be able to extract any particularly useful information out of the available older maps. The area does have Tartary written all over it. Additionally, I think that some of the formations spotted on Novaya Zemlya could be directly related to Hyperborea and the terraforming tech of the ancients.

1587-novaya-zemlya.jpg

Source

Mercator_Septentrionalium_Terrarum_descriptio.jpg

Source

1599-1601
1599-1601-novaya zemlya map.jpg

Source

1665-novaya-zemlya.jpg

Source

1676-novaya-zemlya.jpg

Source
Quite a few of the older maps show the area. Some of the Hypeborea related ones can provide additional grounds for your research.

Tsar Bomba
The Soviet RDS-202 hydrogen bomb, known by Western nations as Tsar Bomba, was the most powerful nuclear weapon ever created. Tested on 30 October 1961 as an experimental verification of calculation principles and multi-stage thermonuclear weapon designs, it also remains the most powerful man-made explosive ever detonated.

tsar-bomb.jpg

Some publications claimed that the bomb's power reached 120 megatons.

The bomb was detonated at the Sukhoy Nos cape of Severny Island, Novaya Zemlya, 15 km (9.3 mi) from Mityushikha Bay, north of Matochkin Strait.The detonation was secret but was detected by US Intelligence agencies. The US apparently had an instrumented KC-135R aircraft (Operation SpeedLight) in the area of the test - close enough to have been scorched by the blast.

yadernyy_poligon_nov.jpg

In Novaya Zemlya, a total of 135 nuclear tests were performed in the atmosphere, under water and underground. The explosion of the most powerful hydrogen bomb in human history with a capacity of over 50 megatons at an altitude of 4.5 kilometers also occurred here.
Today we Have
Finally, here is why I started this article. Suggesting that all of the below walls (or whatever we wanna call these) are natural formations, would be preposterous. Things like that do not exist in nature. That is if there is such a thing as Nature. A rock can naturally roll down the mountain, but could that mountain/rock form naturally would always depend on what we consider to be natural.

walls-12.jpg

Wall-1.jpg

Wall-2.jpg

Wall-3.jpg

Wall-4.jpg

Wall-5.jpg

Wall-9.jpg

You should get the idea by now, so I'm gonna stop circling stuff.

Wall-6.jpg

Wall-7.jpg

walls-11.jpg

Wall-8.jpg

See for yourself:

My hypothesis on this is as follows:
  • Throughout 1650s-1950s northern areas were covered in ice, but it started to melt.
    • May be the freezers lost their power.
    • We can see the melting effect in Greenland as well.
    • May be the area we (the mankind) occupy simply re-balances itself and goes back to its normal self, temperature-wise.
  • In the end of the 19th - first half of the 20th century there were still a lot of pre-flood structures/tech left.
  • The area was declared off-limits.
  • The Nazi Ahnenerbe were among the first ones to capitalize on this Novaya Zemlya de-icing.
  • In the 1961 TPTB detonated their Tsar Bomb, or may be a series of bombs to erase the surviving evidence of the Old World.
  • Today we are witnessing strange geo-formations, which could be the remnants of the pre-flood port/city structures, or whatever.
  • The area is still off-limits to regular people.
  • Worthless "feed a bear" type of public cruises are available to show that there is nothing special there.
I did not play with older texts this time. If time allows will look into those later. For right now I simply wanted to present this little piece of whatever it is and see what our blog members have to say.

If your inspection of the current maps of the area yields any additional abnormalities, please share.

Curious indeed. I did a quick scour of the islands on google maps, Apple Maps, and earth star. I did notice a few things, perhaps meaningful and more likely not…

The low coastal flatlands where you identified the formations; they appear to be covered in sweeping striations, almost as if they were razed by something incomprehensibly large and powerful. My mind was immediately drawn to this image:

1656385187828.jpeg

Pulled from this very interesting article: Are These Giant Prehistoric Trees?

But more (or perhaps less) interesting, is this patch of land near the northern tip.

I’ll provide a few shots scaling in:

F705E488-8F03-4B52-B959-ABEC9567299D.jpeg

8B0E8BF4-E963-4D32-8887-C10A369B459D.jpeg

notice here, the spot in the middle. Clearly patched in. I know these are all composite images, a veritable quilt if you will. But all across the three platforms, this exact spot is out of place. On google maps, there are also some brightly colored artifacts due southeast of the odd patch (you can see more than the one if you load the map and pan)

5C03A762-BF1C-4164-AFCC-05A9101E678F.jpeg

4C5C3B09-262F-4ED9-B209-DF0D9E3B0ACA.jpeg

What necessitated using imagery from a different “photo session” in this spot? Above images captured from google maps.

Here’s apple:
A107FB0C-6F0F-4917-8E2A-9D360A6DA2F2.jpeg

And last but not least, arcgis/earthstar:

DFB19D47-8C60-4CF6-AD9F-AF6294356AA9.jpeg

Arcgis wasn’t playing nicely on my mobile device, so I had to zoom in on the border to show the crop job. It’s a zoom in of about 1/3 down the left side of the crop. Arcgis and apple appear to be sharing the same images.

it seems that if you decide to zoom in, you can only see snow-covered land.

EDIT:
Well, contrary to the title of Russians hiding things, Yandex provided the only barren image of the area. Much ado about nothing it seems.

51B14264-024B-4C28-B4ED-46D30D65E583.jpeg

Other than the razing lines of the earth destroyer.

Last edited:
I was looking at DNA haplogroup maps for anomolies and ran across this one, the main female line DNA for the Norwegian/Norse people. It really supports the theory of land in northern Russia being completely obliterated in the fairly recent past.

The Norse were seafaring fighters who populated every coast they could reach. They were on boats, moving along coastlines and anchoring frequently to go ashore and get water, hunt, trade, conquer, maybe rape and pillage a little. The point being that they didn't skip large portions of coastline on their journeys.

This map shows the spread and concentration of the Norse people over the course of their distinct DNA history, maybe 20,000 years (if that chronology is accurate). You can see they hit every single coastline near them and far from them as well, but somehow managed to bypass a vast swath of land near Novaya Zemlya on their way to populate the northeast coast? You can see a few spots of Norse blood north of Novaya Zemlya, and a strong concentration on the coast of modern Siberia, but none in between. This doesn't fit with the Norse lifestyle of trading and settling OR logistically work for feeding themselves while travelling by boat.

Clearly, there was once a series of Norse settlements between the west and the east, and those settlements and settlers were destroyed. Whatever shape the previous coastline had, it would have had Norse people living along every inch of it, just like on the rest of the map area that they could get to by boat.

I'm going to look for some Asian DNA maps as well for evidence. It's difficult to find maps for that part of the worlds' DNA. The maps are mostly greyed out there due to "sparse population". Of course it's sparse if you blow it up, poison the land and kill the people!!
Please forgive me if the image is not centered.

Maternal_Haplogroup_H1a1_Map.jpg

Not to say that I disagree with the overall thrust of this thread, but the lines connecting those islands I think are just a normal side effect of ocean currents passing along the coasts of islands and moving deposits of sand and rock.

This screenshot above is from Martha's Vineyard. You can see the same kind of thing happening in several places around the island. This is a quite heavily populated area, and the movement of these areas around the island have been observed directly over a long period of time.

Interesting. No photo was attached to your post, so I took the liberty of scrounging around the vineyard. I did find some comparable formations:

1694478975845.jpg

Zemlaya’s formations all have striking geometry and what appear to be very uniform curvature while those at the vineyard are more… sloppy? Perhaps rudimentary is the word? I do not discount the coincidence though! I panned down to the Florida keys and up to Newfoundland without finding anything comparable.

Rather than chalking these up to natural geological processes, it more so leaves me questioning the significance of Martha’s Vineyard.

Maybe some real investigation will reveal more, according to Wikipedia there’s something special about Martha’s Vineyard’s dialect:

The linguist William Labov wrote his MA essay on changes in the Martha's Vineyard dialect of English.[37] The 1963 study is widely recognized as a seminal work in the foundation of sociolinguistics.[38]

And also there’s a curiously high rate of deafness there? So high, that in competition with ASL (American sign language) they have their own MVSL (Martha’s Vineyard sign language):

Martha's Vineyard became known as an "everyone signs" community after three centuries of an unusually high level of hereditary deafness[60] caused Martha's Vineyard to be labeled a "deaf utopia".[61

And

The sign language used by Vineyarders is called Martha's Vineyard Sign Language (MVSL), and it is different from American Sign Language (ASL).

Last edited:
Interesting. No photo was attached to your post, so I took the liberty of scrounging around the vineyard. I did find some comparable formations:

Zemlaya’s formations all have striking geometry and what appear to be very uniform curvature while those at the vineyard are more… sloppy? Perhaps rudimentary is the word? I do not discount the coincidence though! I panned down to the Florida keys and up to Newfoundland without finding anything comparable.

Rather than chalking these up to natural geological processes, it more so leaves me questioning the significance of Martha’s Vineyard.

Maybe some real investigation will reveal more, according to Wikipedia there’s something special about Martha’s Vineyard’s dialect:

The linguist William Labov wrote his MA essay on changes in the Martha's Vineyard dialect of English.[37] The 1963 study is widely recognized as a seminal work in the foundation of sociolinguistics.[38]

And also there’s a curiously high rate of deafness there? So high, that in competition with ASL (American sign language) they have their own MVSL (Martha’s Vineyard sign language):

Martha's Vineyard became known as an "everyone signs" community after three centuries of an unusually high level of hereditary deafness[60] caused Martha's Vineyard to be labeled a "deaf utopia".[61

And

The sign language used by Vineyarders is called Martha's Vineyard Sign Language (MVSL), and it is different from American Sign Language (ASL).
Sorry about the picture. I still see it when I look. You have to expand the part at the top where it has a bunch of 'view attachment' things. Not sure why it looks like that. As for MV, I have heard that before. The population there and on Nantucket I think were basically all just a few families for a long time. There is another island around there that is still owned by a single family I think.

I believe I read recently that Benjamin Franklin's grandfather lived on MV and was known as a good interpreter with the local Indian tribes.

Screenshot from 2023-09-12 18-22-48.jpg

It’s an interesting find and the study of MV is probably too far a digression for this thread… but I don’t see those geographical features anywhere else on the eastern coast of North America. Their absence suggests to me that these are not common developments and their presence may be indicative of some historical significance.

> The indigenous population was completely evicted from the islands in the 1950s

This stands out to me, because what they would have done is taken the giants/sasquatches, yetis in this case, and had them relocated to deep underground or arctic or other firmaments, as opposed to slaughtering them in cold blood like they did the giants in the caves of southeast asian pacific ww2 theater.

@KD

"Who were the real natives?"

Did I answer your question?? And those nuclear blasts.. Yeah they f****ng genocided the peaceful giants there too, and made myths and fables about them being evil!! They will pay!! We must become giants.

Back