Double-headed eagle: its meaning and origins

Ice Nine

I have to say as an avid bird enthusiast the more I see that 2 headed black bird, it is not an Eagle, Eagles do not have that elongated scrawny neck.

pushamaku

Could it be as simple as symbol for harmony? Meaning good/evil exist in some sort of balance? Then an obvious choice was made that we are all too aware of.

sonoman

to me, with no preconceptions to what the double headed eagle re-presents, it seems to indicate a double minded bird or perhaps a split minded bird.

so.. mind control AKA govern-ment?

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."- James Madison

"Self-government requires qualities of self-denial and restraint." - John F. Kennedy

Last edited:

pushamaku

tupperaware

If one thing rings commonplace on this forum is the desire to look behind the veil and pierce deception. Where does deception first originate? I think it originated with the use and abuse of the bicameral mind by segments of society that needed deception to dominate and maintain control resulting in increased tribal fitness and of course entertainment for those in the know. Its the same kind of power we sense and entertainment we receive when a hypnotist succeeds in putting people in trance states.
Bicameralism (psychology) - Wikipedia

The common for the time, carving on the left (image below) might have induced a trance state where the right brain becomes momentarily "super" dominant over the left - according to some Jayneists. Normally without triggers, pre 500BC bicameralism resulted in less of a zombie state but my guess is command shouts and whispers from the right brain throughout the day were enough to keep the unwashed masses in check. Think very well society integrated schizophrenia with those at the top the puppeteers of schizophrenia. My guess is around 500BC or earlier any kind of artwork using left right symmetry if properly abstracted like the image on the left could induce this zombie like state useful for all sorts of control purposes. Post 500BC bilateral designs would be echoes of the images that were everywhere used for "crowd control". Post 500BC the breakdown of the bicameral mind occurred resulting in near perfect muffling of the right brain "voice". Bicameralism (psychology) - Wikipedia

For those people who think society is too left brain dominated they should consider conditions when the right brain was used as a club by the elite to control their minions. I think the double eagle symbol could be an echo of the bicameral mind era and could still be fostered by organizations that connect back to that era in various ways.

In this movie the Templars seek domination through a return to the bicameral mind.

1546373627775.png 1546368700434.png
1546369329316.png

lrtwist.png

Attachments

Last edited:

sonoman

I think the double minded bird is symbolically the opposite of the Vesica piscis
Vesica_piscis_circles.svg.png

Vesica piscis - Wikipedia

the eagle = divide & conquer

the VP = the two into The One

one represents division, the other union but both represent the mind (R/L hemisphere)

p.s. after reconsidering, the VP could go eitherway and the bird, not so much.

Last edited:

tupperaware

I think the double minded bird is symbolically the opposite of the Vesica piscis
View attachment 14843

View attachment 14843

one represents division, the other union but both represent the mind (R/L hemisphere)

Exactly the double headed eagle = dis-integration = control through disintegrity. I don't want to hype the Assassin's Creed movie too much but the Assassin's "Creed" stated in the movie early on is "There is no truth" and "Everything is permitted" Sounds like Vesica Piscis (opposite of the double eagle) could have been on their coat of arms if they ever had one. Vesci Pescis is the intersection of truth and lies which is what - "paradox"?

"Another one of Hassan's recorded methods includes causing the hashashin to be vilified by their contemporaries. One story goes that Hassan al-Sabah set up a trick to make it appear as if he had decapitated one of his hashashin and the "dead" hashashin's head lay at the foot of his throne. It was actually one of his men buried up to his neck covered with blood. He invited his hashashin to speak to it. He said that he used special powers to allow it to communicate. The supposed talking head would tell the hashashin about paradise after death if they gave all their hearts to the cause. After the trick was played, Hassan had the man killed and his head placed on a stake in order to cement the deception.[32] "
Templars are said to have used this same trick but probably without decapitating the assistant.

"Magic" in those days was a bit more intense then now.
Assassins - Wikipedia

Last edited:

sonoman

Sounds like Vesica Piscis (opposite of the double eagle) could have been on their coat of arms if they ever had one. Vesci Pescis is the intersection of truth and lies which is what - "paradox"?
like I mentioned, the VP works both ways.(those two circles could be seen as moving together or apart) the VP is many things and it alone is worth some serious investigation IMO but that off the topic here though.