Does this "construction" photo look legit?

BStankman

Reactions
Seems pretty mundane to me.
We have a construction site of a steel building with stone veneer.
In the background there are multiple architectural styles including a neo classic building.

And over here is a power plant distributing free wireless energy.
power plant.png

The John P. Cook Dormitory, 1931

Last edited:

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
They still use them today. Different wrenches fit different nuts, if you catch my meaning.

Otherwise, it looks a little odd, but nothing crazy. Lots of work can look much more odd from just one photo. It's likely legit, it's just not clear what the order of operations is. Usually a steel building, the structure is done first, then the facade. Could be a stone building, but then why so much heavy steel up top? Could be very good reasons, like heavy slate roof with wind and snow loading factored in, can't tell too much from this photo.

I'm thinking it is just a clever mix of steel and stone construction types, you can see two of the gable walls are still being built, one on a rear dormer and one main one on the left.

Don't see an entry door in this shot, but two of what appear like crawlspace access holes, both of which look like they could extend below grade.

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Not sure I can see it on my phone, but are those windows in there. If they are, is it normal to install windows at this stage?

ISeenItFirst

Reactions
Don't think there are any installed, at least not on the top floor. Think what you see there is something they had rigged up for bringing materials up. Can see them in a couple spots. Did look like a casement window at first though.
It's not too unusual to install windows early, but it looks like they just have most of them paneled off from the inside, to keep out the weather or whatever.
Post automatically merged:

If you look close, you can see where they are building the chimneys which will later dominate the roofline. They were conspicuously absent at first, but then I noticed them.
Conspicuous in their abscense because they are usually free standing, have their own foundation, and get done pretty early, but it seems they are coming right along, so they can be done by the time the roof gets put on.

Last edited:

humanoidlord

Reactions
normal, also the stolen history period ended in 1920, yet we can still see some surviving buildings in the background

Timeshifter

Reactions
Another one of those skies...also, are those windows at ground level? Or ventillation? Mudflud?