Documentary: 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Wanted to say special thanks to the UAP YT Channel for getting me acquainted with the below documentary via its World's Fair of Imagination video.

For those interested, this is going to be a real treat. I thought I knew a few things about the Chicago Expo of 1893, but the contents of the presented documentary are ridiculously amazing in their mockery of our historical perception. It's like the narrator is saying that they know that some of the Expo things were not supposed to exist, while simultaneously saying that TPTB does not really care about us knowing. At the same time it feels like the narrator was in a proud state of self-denial from all of the achievements he listed.

At the same time the commentary is so obviously driven by the existing expo-related narrative.
  • The buildings were temporary, and it had to be repeated like 50 times, in case you forgot.
  • Same goes for “only one building was permanent”
  • When the Fair was over “everyone wanted buildings demolished because they were such a fire hazard”
If you choose to watch, please share your thoughts on the presented information.

Without further ado.

What about them:
  • electric boats running non-stop, and getting charged once every 12 hours.
history_launch.jpg

Chicago-Worlds-fair-elco-boat-1.jpg
  • electric rock drills?
  • electric ice cream makers?
  • electric candy makers?

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
In the video they talk about so many little details most of us do not know, it’s not even funny.

Like those Krupp’s cannons they had on display... apparently there was an idea to fire a couple of those off after the Fair was over. And the purpose was for the buildings to get leveled by the shockwave.

C76C6961-866E-45F1-98CA-4968979FABF1.jpeg

photo-chicago-columbian-exposition-worlds-fair-interior-krupp-exhibit-germany-1893.jpg

Source

Banta

Reactions
Again, this is just overkill. You could build an event a tenth of the scope of this and it would still be the most amazing event mostly anyone living would have seen. To build all this excess, the money and effort spent, and then to not turn a profit? There is always a projected return on every major investment, and we know it wasn't money in this case... So what was it? UAP's concept of "orientation" is intriguing...

The buildings don't even have to be remains of a previous civilization for the facts to greatly imply that there was another occulted purpose to these expos and the like. And even if some/most of the buildings were previously existing, I think these events were more multi-faceted in their purpose than convincing the common yokels that we really did build these structures.

It's funny, they draw comparisons to Disneyland for their supposed physical construction, but it's actually their philosophical attributes that appear to be the same. Small world after all.
The guards spent much of their time making sure no one snook in with a camera, so that only official photographs were available...

I wonder why...
Since I brought up the money aspect, is an answer simply to sell souvenirs and/or protect intellectual property like today?

Makes me wonder actually when the banning of personal photography at paid events started. Probably with the expos! And has been a great money making and information concealing practice since!

Last edited:
OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
UAP's concept of "orientation" is intriguing...
The indoctrination issue was raised a few times before.
Purpose
It's been about a year ago, when I first mentioned the indoctrination reason for these Expos. I mean all of the Expos prior to 1915. As a hypothesis people were being shown what they have, so that they would become familiar with things they have never seen before. I guess I am proposing a 6 months school.
As a hypothesis it stands. To move forward with something like that we need to figure out where they got so many clueless people from. Foundlings is probably an ok research to pursue, but who were those foundlings and orphans appears to be a mystery. That is for those who parted ways with the narrative.

Here is more on the issue from UAP.

OP
KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas

Negotiator
Reactions
Some were so desperate to see it that they “mortgaged” their home. Huh? This lady is clueless, but the alleged facts are still amazing.

And what did she say about the waste removal? How much, and with what?

The part where she tells us about the “natives” who were invited to “act out traditional life to fairgoers” is such a giveaway.

Here is a fun read too. The ashes part is classic:

AnotherLife

Reactions
At the 22:20 mark, he talks about how Chicago liked to claim that it was biggest and best at everything, including "deepest in dirt".
At 32:40 over top of what appears to be the main arch is written "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free". Interesting choice of phrase. I wonder what that's about.

Last edited:

JWW427

Reactions
Rally good find, KD.
So Olmstead did the expo layout? Olmstead did Central Park in NYC. He gets the credit for too many park design projects like a few architects from that era. Very suspicious guy and story. NYC Central park is full of suspicious and magnificent old bridges, arches, castles, buildings, and fountains. Hmm....

Did they mow over the existing park in Chicago because it had similar suspicious old bridges and buildings? It looked like it.
Did they incorporate them to hide it all in plain sight?
Why so many sketches and so few photos? Always the sketches in the 19th century. They printed better in the books and papers, but...
"The gods of America's strength?" Which goddam gods are those? "The Watchers?"
"Like being on another planet?" Maybe that was a good point.

As usual, plenty of big guns, weapons, and poisons such as alcohol and tobacco.
War was seen as almost wholesome, like an ice cream soda.

Very interesting that they allowed bellydancing and exotic eastern exhibits. The puritans of that era were increasingly trying to keep the sexual liberation toothpaste in the tube, creating what some have termed the "Sexual Misery" of Americans. This misery, partly a religious and social taboo, was part of the control system that keeps consciousness down. No freedom of sex means little Kundalini energy for attaining higher realms of thought. The PTB were on both sides of the fence watching the misery unfold and strengthen. Human trafficking and brothels go hand in hand. And don't forget all the train orphans. Guess where some of them went?

1893 was a turning point in USA history.
I think the PTB saw too much electrified Tesla utopia on the horizon, so they whipped up the Spanish War, then helped Communism take hold in Russia, then added to WW1. Fear, nationalism, and militarism was distilled to moonshine strength.

olmstead juneau.jpeg olmstead asylum.jpeg

Last edited:

Vana Garde

Reactions
Let's see...Frederick Law Olmstead was also responsible for...(beyond Central Park) the US Capitol in Washington DC, the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina (I didn't know that was attributed to him - new to me), and, as stated above, the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Seems like I have been tripping over Olmstead for more than 20 years of research, especially when I lived/worked in the DC area. Amazing how these "landscape" architects can be so incredibly prolific in such a short time period of so many "limitations" as we are taught.

inquisitor

Reactions
And even if some/most of the buildings were previously existing, I think these events were more multi-faceted in their purpose than convincing the common yokels that we really did build these structures.
Even though there are only a few images of these buildings from the inside, there is a quality to them that suggests they were gutted out and repurposed for these events. Most of the interior shots shown look like some kind of galleria or mall.

Banta

Reactions
Olmsted was amazingly prolific. He also did the park system in good old Buffalo:

Olmsted's Buffalo Park System and Its Stewards | Frederick Law Olmsted | PBS

He had a part in laying the groundwork for the Pan American expo there, albeit decades earlier:

The Park (Delaware Park)

Plans for The Park (later known as Delaware Park) were submitted by Olmsted and his design partner Calvert Vaux in 1870, and it was substantially completed by 1876.[1] The site was located on gently sloping farmland bisected by the meandering Scajaquada Creek. This site provided an existing rural landscape requiring little manipulation to achieve the pastoral aesthetic that Olmsted prized. By damming the creek to create a lake (named the Gala Water) in the southern portion of the tract and utilizing the existing rolling meadows punctuated by copses of mature trees, Olmsted formed The Park in the image of the pastoral parklands he had admired during visits to England. Growing out of the English Romantic landscape traditions, these carefully planned landscapes allowed the park visitor to feel immersed in the landscape, escaping from the stresses of modern urban life. The heart of The Park’s northern section was the 150-acre “Meadow,” which is twice the size of the famous Long Meadow in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park designed by Olmsted and Vaux in 1866....

Additions to Delaware Park

The original boat house in Delaware Park designed by Calvert Vaux, 1894.

The original boat house in Delaware Park designed by Calvert Vaux, 1894.

The 1901 Pan-American Exposition was held at Delaware Park, and it had significant and lasting impact there. Classically designed Beaux Art buildings were added for the event, permanently altering the park’s original design concept.[7] The original Vaux-designed boathouse, destroyed by fire in 1900, was replaced by a more imposing one designed by noted (and prolific) Buffalo architect E. B. Green in time for the Exposition. A grand Greek Revival Albright Art Gallery went up nearby on a hill overlooking the lake. The New York State Pavilion was also constructed on the shores of the lake, the only permanent structure built for the Exposition and now home to the Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society...
On another note, movie at 1:27:00 discusses the "world's largest aquarium... in fact several of the world's largest aquarium... the only aquariums anyone had ever seen":

fish1.JPG
fish2.JPG
fish3.JPG
fish4.JPG

If you've ever had a saltwater fish tank, you know how difficult it is to get everything in good working order. Hell, that might have taken 18 months! I'm exaggerating, but only a little, given how many different species appear to be on display.

This UAP dude is awesome in his relentless pursuit of truth. I think a lot of alike videos will be taken down within the next 5 years. Enjoy while you can.
He finds some great things from time to time... I used to have trouble listening to him, because he rambles, but I found the key is 1.75x or 2x speed.

I have a hard time imagining the Great Pyramid fitting inside of any building bar some contemporary sports arenas. Yet in 1893 that apparently was the case.
Haha, it's funny, I noted at the beginning of the documentary when they stated that the Expo basically took three years, from concept to opening, that it takes at least two times as long to build a sports stadium/arena these days, sometimes way longer!

Last edited:

BStankman

Reactions
Last edited: